H&M

H&M Employee Reviews in London

Usually have 4 hour shifts consisting of cleaning the shop floor and folding but then gets messed up by customers so that's nice. Also do the tills.In my 4 hour shift I get NO BREAKS so by the time i finish im so dehydrated i fell like im gonna pass out.If youre under 18 the latest you can work is 9:45pm and my salary is 6.60 an hour.Get paid every other friday.When it get busy expect a lot of tidying and putting garments back in the right place.the managers can be really picky about displays at the end of the night but thats good customer service i guess.the atmosphere is good if you get along w your co-workers. im under 18 and i thought i was gonna be left out because im young but they're all super nice.
Pros
good pay for under 18s
Cons
no breaks
The company is very customer-oriented.Days are challenging and fun at the same time.Not all the managers in store are inspiring and able to manage.
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
Unpaid overtime for management and lack of interest in the wellness of members in small stores.
Always have something to do Slow paced environment gets busy during holiday events1 hour breaks and soWhat you get when you鈥檙e working a retail store
Pros
Relaxed
I have been working for this company for many years and different markets. It's great to gain experience and I learn many things but is very stressful and they are giving you so many responsibilities without train you most of the time. It's up to you how far you wanna go and much of your personal time you are able to sacrifice.
Pros
When you are sick you get paid.
Cons
Many responsibilities and pressure but not enough time.
H&M is a fast paced company in the forefront of retail fashion. Always aims to be the number one for go to fashion. All employees are expected to work to a fast pace and in an efficient manner to get the jobs complete. Expect to work long days at times and be prepared to sacrifice time with family but your colleagues become like family.
I wish all companies are like mine one ,amazing people o lot of benefits and huge support when is needed.Every day we learn new things changing things having opportunities to grow ,progress and people are understandable when u need them to.we are all like one big family .
If you want to be treated like a slave and treated like a piece of dirt, then go to the joke of a place, staff are nice but some stab you in the back, some gossiping Anyway the worst part of the job is how your treated badly. Please I beg you do not work there you will go crazy on minimum wage.
Company with a lot of history and values behind. It is secure, it is fun and there is loads of opportunities for you to grow and develop. A good company!
the company shows no respect for the staff, expect everything giving nothing in return. they will not make a minimum effort to keep you in the company, even if you worked with them for several years.
Good job for students who are studying in college/uni, it鈥檚 nice to earn that little bit of extra money and at the same time make new friendships with your colleagues.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at H&M?
It didn鈥檛 feel like a job in a way it was so much fun, managers were amazing so kind and helpful they took me under their wings and helped me understand the ropes of it all, my co workers were the best part, they were so friendly made the store feel like a family, truly amazing experience, it was my first retail job and I couldn鈥檛 of asked for a better first time experience, I made some life long friends, but seriously if you鈥檙e thinking of applying here do it, it鈥檚 a great place to be
The management at H&m is rubbish. There is no staff understanding I had a shift one day and a family member ended up in hospital and I had to watch their kids and when I called to let them know 4 hours in advance all I received was a blunt response and they hung up on me. They never answer the phone but always tell you to call in advance for anything then complain for you not calling. They always give people shifts outside of their Availability and then complain when you can鈥檛 attend the shifts. The only good part about the job is that friendships can be made there but pretty much everyone that works there hates their job so they make everyone else shifts miserable I HATED WORKING FOR H&M
Nice place to work in, nice management. Very understanding. One thing is, hard to get holidays. Enjoy working there, but do have annoying days but it鈥檚 a job at the end of the day so understandable.
Working at H&M was a good student work experience for me. A typical day at work is fun because I love meeting people. Supervisors were also very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the work was staff discount benefit and the nice dinning area to relax during the lunch or tea break
it is hard to balance both college and work at the same time due to uneven hours and they change my rota a lot, they change the days and time that i work without asking me, so sometimes if i have plans to finish college assignments etc i have t change the time and day and its very stressful whereas if i had set hours like my last job i wouldn't have this problem. i'm sure others enjoy the work environment etc however i find it stressful and not as helpful as i would hope, in my personal opinion i don;t think it is a very professional environment for me personally, so i would like to change jobs soon.
The shop itself was okay to work at- I made great friends during my time at H&M and my department manager was amazing! However, due to the shop being understaffed this lead to us being constantly left to our own devices. Also, the new store manager is awful and disregards peoples feelings extremely quickly.
Multi-cultural environment. You will have fun and enjoy with colleagues with completely different backgrounds. High opportunities to grow and develop a career for many years.
Great workplace and amazing team members. I had the privilege to work in a healthy environment and I learned a lot about sales, teamwork and high achieving goals
Typical Daily jobs for management change on the whim of your area boss or as a consequence of their poor planning. No security in the job, disciplinary procedures are a joke (do join the union guys, it will help out a lot should any customer complain about you not wanting to authorise a return of dirty knickers) The most enjoyable part fo the job is definitely colleagues, the worst bit is no acknowledgement of mental health issues, very poor work-life balance (the hours are flexible to the business, not to you), guilt-tripping into overtime for free and bad HR practices (or rather, lack of thereof). Little reward for a lot of hard work. No bonuses. 0.5% yearly salary increase if lucky.
Pros
Outweighed by the cons
Cons
Long hours, Unpaid overtime, Toxic Culture, No work Life Balance
Definitely wouldn鈥檛 recommend to work at a large store like the Brixton one unless you鈥檙e sure you can handle the stress and pressure . Customers and horrible and have no respect for the shop floor , management were horrible and blamed everything on sales advisors . Would鈥檝e been nicer to work at a smaller store , discount was a great plus and being payed every two weeks was good . Though not useful for people paying bills or trying to save money .
Very diverse and inclusive workplace and has a lot of opportunities to advance to higher positions and move to other locations. Management is decent. And staff discount is very useful.