H&M

H&M Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

H&M was the best retail job I’ve ever had. I worked at a really busy and chaotic location, but I always felt like everyone was on the same page regardless. I met a lot of cool people during my time at H&M and I miss the atmosphere. H&M allows for some fun while at work and I always appreciated that.
Pros
Hour lunches, free reign
Compared to other retail companies, the overhead management was decent. They kept up with scheduling a month in advance. Paid time off which was considered “wellness” (sick days). This could be accumulated as you continued to work, Vacation for Full Time. Good amount of breaks and decent times. Proper training that lasted about 2-4 weeks depending. Organized shift scheduling.
Pros
Discount/WELLNESS/VAC/ opportunity to move up within the company
Cons
Policies were not enforced for everyone at times
They do not appreciate your work. The store manager receives praise if you do a good job. People aren't held accountable which affects your job while you're still expected to perform.
Pros
The clothes are nice.
Cons
Management is incompetent.
The opportunities are up and beyond. You can travel to different places and they will pay for your plane and food and hotel stay. You get to meet people all over while developing a great fashion sense. I love H&M they sent me on my first plane. I just hate that at the time I was really at a bad state in my life where I made a dumb decision that gotten me fired... but overall a great place to work you will love it 😊
Very good environment Work life balance Great benefits Medical insurance Able to move up Have great structured training and Nice people to work with
I have worked for H&M for a few months and I can already tell you it's overwhelming. The store I was working for is so unorganized and when they do TRY to organize it, it doesn't last 3 days, and don't get me started on the kids section, A NIGHTMARE. The management doesn't do anything but sit in the back and look at you through the cameras, making you feel uncomfortable while working. The supervisers also LOVE to gossip about their employees. We got new management but nothing is going to change until they change the two supervisers. If you're looking for a job that cares about your well-being, I would advise you to look else where.
Great company to work for. Room for growth, great pay and benefits. Was with the company fro 12 year and I was able to get promoted from within. Opportunities to travel.
Pros
benefits, salary, travel, growth, development
Cons
work-life balance, unsupportive leaders
This job started off very nice at first. Then, I realized that management is racist and also biased to certain people. I just am not too keen about this job
The company is great but it feels like my district is ran different from others where they are willing to outsource people for different rolls instead of developing and promoting with in
At H&M, you get what you give. Things are changing. Positions are being cut. Job descriptions are changing. Visuals are doing all the work. Managers are basically overpaid sales advisors.
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Cons
Work life Balance doesn't exist anymore
I really enjoyed working with this company overall. They are very driven and open-minded when it comes to the work place. Always work together as a team and helps others in any way. They run as a flat level company and everyone is encouraged to give and receive feedback, negative or positive. We were encouraged to be ourselves and express who we are.
H&M is the best retailer to work for hands down. Great benefits, amazing culture, 5 weeks paid vacation as a manager, paid holidays, and so much more.
Pros
benefits, vacation time, holiday pay, birthday pay, 40 hours no more, flat level organization
Cons
no overtime
Keeps you on your toes. fun, fast paced retail emvironment dedicated to fashion. great place to express yourself and be an individual. plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Pros
discounts
Great company, but be careful who you work under and be open to speaking up when you feel some type of way! Its important to be Straightforward! Make sure to document and cover yourself at all cost.
Pros
benefits, paid time off 401K
Cons
work life balance, closing, call outs
I love my coworkers. they are great people to work with because you will become friends with them since this is a one team type of company and its very straight forward
Pros
make friends, fun experience.
Cons
first few months of the year the hours are short
Not many hours but the discounts were great. Only suitable for people who have a busy schedule and need a job that offers flexible scheduling. If you are looking to make a lot of money this job is not for you as most hours are only given during the holidays.
Pros
Discounts, Vacation
Cons
Short Hours, Pay not worth it
H&M was a great job. Typically we spent majority of our time helping customer's find the right clothing to buy. This may seem simple but i learned great customer service skills working with this company. They taught me that we are working to satisfy our customers and also how to be consistent. The culture of the workplace was amazing as they were inviting to all, everyone felt at home. The hardest part of the job was that i worked at one of the main locations and it would get packed which meant i would be putting up clothes for hours (sometimes a full 8 hr shift). Even still there were great times; the most enjoyable part of the job was our events and the love the management proposed to our team.
Pros
great pay, exciting work environment, free lunches
Cons
unorganized
Great productive job fun environment just need to work on the air conditioning but great business with great chances of growth and learning to broaden ones future
Pros
Free lunches, gratis
Cons
Air conditioning, small break room
The culture of H&M and it's values create a diverse, supportive, and fun work environment. Your team members are unique. The customers are great, and it's a much more relaxed place to work compared to most retail stores. You work harder because you want to make your team, your supervisors, and your company look good. I'm very grateful for that experience.
Pros
Discounts and promos on top of employee discount prices.
A wonderful place to begin a career in retail and sales. They offer great training and skills to work in any retail environment. The stores sells beautiful clothes, accessories, and makeup at an affordable price.
Pros
higher than minimum wage pay
Cons
strict dress code
h and m is really a fun place to work for and they do believe in its people but sometimes I feel that favoritism stands in the way of a lot of associates growth and development