H&M

H&M Employee Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

Other employees were fairly nice. Kind of an unprofessional environment. One of the managers always had problems with employees. Other managers were nice and understanding. Fellow employees did well with training others. Store was pretty much like an "express yourself" type of vibe which was really nice.
Pros
express yourself environment, nice pay
Cons
management could better
I work there for two years and I absolutely loved my team. It was a cool place to work. The work load was light and as I stated before my coworkers made the day fly by.
Cons
The manager stucked
Love it, have been with the company for two years as a sales associate. Sometimes the job is not worth the pay but the benefits are so amazing it outweighs that.
used to be a fantastic company with great pay, benefits, and room for growth. Now it's just like every other corporation where the customer and the almighty dollar come before anything else.
Fun to work at but no life/work balance if you are not in management and favoritisms control promotions no good perks for part timers good discount and travel opportunities
It was an awesom job very fast pace good pay they brought us lunch when ee did well as a whole the supervisors were very invitining you were trained in numerous jobs and there waa room to move up
Pros
The pay
Cons
The workera were sometimes rude
Management constantly stays in the office all day. You hardly see them working on the floor so it's hard to communicate with what is going on because you never see them. Some sales advisors care about their job and others don't. I've worked at H&M for a year and a half and I feel like it's really hard to move up in the company. Our store in particular there are several advisors that are stuck in a advisor role because management says they aren't ready to be promoted even though they are developed fully as an advisor. SM definitely plays favorites and only tells you what you want to hear instead of the truth. It's really frustrating trying to get the help or promotion that you deserve. You get paid decent but when you go over and above your job description I don't think you get the recognition you deserve; a lot of things go unnoticed.
Pros
vacation, health and wellness, decent pay
Cons
hour cuts, bad management, staff doesn't care, attitudes
H&M, as a company needs many improvements, specifically on customer service and pay rates/hours. But it鈥檚 a simple and fun job for the most part. The management vs. employee status doesn鈥檛 exist here, and I, as an employee, appreciate that.
Pros
Managment is understanding, work is divided out accordingly, simple
Cons
Pay, lack of hours
The companies Core values describe a universal attitude towards employees yet does not live up to them. There are too many Chiefs and not enough Indians!!!
Very flexible scheduling. Co-workers were great as well, everyone got along with everyone. Everyone was willing to help others.
I wish the managers were more strict actually. there is no organization at the H&M I work at.
Pros
higher than minimum wage
Cons
poor management
Can be fun if you have positive managers. Its stressful at times like any other job but its really what you make of it. The pay is awesome but your hours can drastically be cut without notice. Its not the best job but its nowhere near the worst. I'd you work hard and stay away from drama you will be fine. If you want to move up, say it!
Pros
great breaks, great pay (starts off at 9.40) great way to make new friends, fashion forward, no uniforms, flexible hours.
Cons
benefits suck, rude customers and no security, favortism is so ovbious, cleaning up or opening to a bad close, hours can be drastically cut without notice, understaffed
Great place to work, never the same, always busy, great co workers offers a lot of travel, hate working holidays
I enjoyed helping customersMy co workers were amazingI enjoyed seeing the all the clothes the most
Great job. Always changing. Always fast paced. Definitely has opportunities for advancement. Not a great job for people who want to move up quickly. Learned alot of visual and merchandising techniques.
Every day is something different for me at H&M. Typically in my day I will be doing everything from assisting customers, to answering questions about benefits for my associates. I am in a management role, and in the time that I have spent with this company-which is quite substantial- I have been promoted twice. My staff is one of the best around. It is almost like we all have a certain something ( those of us who stay around longer) which makes it very difficult to think about leaving. My store manager has been amazing by helping me continue to grow as an employee, but also as an ambassador. I have learned so much about relating to my staff, my customer,and my company through getting my hands on new experiences and asking questions. If this job were all smiles and sunshine, I would probably never leave. But as with most retail jobs, I feel as though I am approaching my expiration date. The unpredictability and inconsistency has been the hardest part for me since becoming full time. My shifts can range from coming in at 7 a.m. to closing the store at 11 p.m. Even more, the high demand for help on weekends means I seldom get time to have a life outside of my job, and that is something I no longer want to have to do without. To me, it will be hard to leave the people I work with because they are.hands down, some of the best individuals I have come across since moving here. They have made my time and effort feel validated , and I hope them all very good things in the future.
Pros
discount, health care, pay rate, travel/ transfer opprotunities.
Cons
inconsistency in hours, no real life/work balance, it doesn't offer what i am looking for.
  1. Indianapolis, IN