H&M

H&M Employee Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Amazing values. Great benefits. Workload can get high, but company has great routines around planning workload and being strategic. Definitely still reference the values of the brand even though I no longer work there.
Pros
Values, Planning, Benefits
Cons
Heavy workload, Communication from Leadership
Fun atmosphere fun coworkers flexible schedule need managers not a lot of room for advancement. Able to move to different locations good discounts on clothes
Compensation is fine. Benefits are above average. Work expectations are unrealistic and change daily. District level management doesn't set stores up for success
The job had stressful workloads and deadlines, but that's to be expected with any job. The team work there was great, ultimately up to who your co-workers are. The people higher up the ladder were helpful. The worst part of the job had to have been the entitled customers and their disrespectful behavior / attitudes. However, this is customer service and that should be expected.
It’s a very fun place to work. You’re not stuck doing the same thing all day. Functions are changed every hour or two, for example, you’ll be in the fitting room for 2 hours then on register for 1 hour then doing go backs/cleaning for your last 2 hours. It’s a very diverse place to work and you meet people from different backgrounds. Managers and coworkers all care about being “One Team” and help each other out.
A typical day at work starts of slow but once those peek hours hit, its a rush. It can be a bit overwhelming but can be manage if there is coverage. I learned that patients is key when it comes to any job with customer service. Management could have been way better, they needed to attend to their employees just as the customers. The most enjoyable part was working with a handful of amazing people.
on feet all shift, get to engage with many different types of people. its great experience to build the skill of customer service, positive vibes at work everyone's always smiling.
Great company to work for. The position I wanted got deminished, but many other opportunities to travel and move up in the company. Meet amazing people, also get to do guest designers events.
Pros
25%off everything employee discount, benefits, work schedule, opportunities to move up, travel
The company culture is ever changing, what does not change is the unrealistic expectations of coming in line with hours usage and picture perfect garment presentation. For what they expect and for what is expected of managers is most of the time unrealistic. It is stressfull and the amount of product is unpredictable. Aside from the hardships, the best part is the teams comradery. It is great to always work with people that bring the teamwork and spirit to the store.
Pros
benefits and compensation
Cons
unrealistic expectations.
I enjoy working in a team. I enjoy interacting with customers and providing excellent customer service.
Pros
Ability to grow in the company
Cons
Few Hours
H&M used to be a great company to work for and advance in. However, in recent years have stopped putting in the effort to appreciate their employees and create a great place to work equally amongst all areas. The company preaches to be value-based, but having worked in different districts it is safe to say that where you work will determine how you’re treated.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Everything else
Values at H&M area amazing and if you have a staff that understands and lives those values then you will win. example of the value is "we are one team" to some that means you clean up after me if i leave a mess because we are one team so my mess is your mess." My beleive to we are one team is striving together to be the best team to win at the standards, and the numbers at hand. This is a big challenge with some H*M needs to give examples of what their values mean. The district team can be good and bad they would rock if they would not just tell you what to do but show and more hands on.
benefits
Cons
the people can be in place to long becoming displeasing to work with
H&M is a judge free zone. Everyone is allowed to express themselves. I enjoyed learning about the different aspects of the company. This is a very well put together company
Bottomless promises and inconstant training that lead you to believe you will earn a higher position. Overall poor management, from both locations that I worked at. If you're looking for a job where you don't want to grow with the company, apply.
Pros
Hour lunches, fair compensation
Cons
No follow through
The store manger ran the store by giving out compliments to her friends/co-workers that she considered friends. She was had issue with male Management and being challenged.
Pros
Cons
Poor place to work
• It’s an amazing place to work if you love retail and looking to move up in a company. • Paid time off. • You meet some driven yet amazing people when working with the company. • Paid travel. • Participating in store openings are so much fun, meeting other H&M employees from all over.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Entitled Customers
H&M is the only retail store I would ever work out of again. The management was rather to lax and not to intune with the customer service, most were burnt out from the long exhausting hours they'd work which is understandable but still wrong. The make their workers slave for their pay, but the pay is decent and discounts are great. There are benefits but not to much room to grow, in fact I recieved several certifications since leaving this job and there are still the same employees that I worked with working at the same level of employment hoping for promotions that theyve been promised.. but all in all, if youre there to make some money while in school etc, its a great place to work.
Pros
a lot of pros
Cons
not to many cons, youre gonna have to hustle though
Fun, fast-paced, Structured, team-effort. You learn a lot and the managers offer great support. This a great job to learn retail and how to manage many things at once.
Pros
team, incentives.
Cons
Low hours
Top Management was great but immediate management was poor, they focused more on their personal gain and development versus there team. The company and what it stands for was Amazing, great business and motto.
H&M is a very good company to work for, they implement good values and are very flexible and understanding with employees. Every H&M is different: I've heard stores that have it so much worse than mine was but also shared another store in my state where it was "favorited" by district and our store was like the red-headed step-child. The managers at my particular location were not motivated, so us full-timers were always working extra hard to maintain a sense of calmness and organization, but were always given false promises by our managers. As a full-time employee AND a part-time student it was extremely difficult and stressful at times, but it can be done. If you work hard, keep trucking through the tough times and do not get caught up in other people's business, you will be able to make a lot of connections and learn valuable life/work lessons.
Pros
Great benefits, lots of opportunities
Cons
Not enough growth and development where needed, more communication
The whole time I was employed, I was made fun of and couldn't go to any managers because they were making fun of me as well. I show up to work to work, not make friends, but no one wants to work in an environment that they don't feel welcomed in.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Favoritism, lack of professionalis.