H&M

H&M Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

So to start I got hired around November 2019 I was happy and excited to work for a company I always admired . Then after not being put in the location I applied for I had to settle for less nontheless I was happy almost to start. Minus the location being surrounded in lower life america . And their being no employee parking . Which didnt matter to my store management. I learned a lot working there but I wouldn鈥檛 say I gained a lot from working for this company. I was still living check to check even with picking up hours and asking tor full time . I interviewed twice for fulltime and didn鈥檛 get it . I asked for consistency in my schedule never got it . Working there in pandemic was certainly interesting since people come in and touched Everything. In conclusion I鈥檇 say this job isn鈥檛 for someone who wants a consistent lifestyle. You will work your butt off to no avail ifyou let the company. Its more of a younger energy job . My store became severely under staffed after our quarantine in which our traffic never slowed. It was and is taxing on the soul. A couple of the employees had gotten positives in which they paid us off so that was nice ai guess. Um I ended up starting to emotionally give up on my moral annd worth for the company and store I was at bc I felt like I was a shining star no one wouod acknoledge Although I was the first employee of the month . On top of becoming positive that same year, my grandmother dying and a pandemic my mental health has not been top notch thus hvaing many time and attendance infractions. I didn鈥檛 even realize until the manger pulled聽-聽more...
Pros
Pto, free food sometimes (holidays), wear any clothes, 25% discount
Cons
Consistency in schedule, Performance isn鈥檛 praised or rated or criticed or noticed often, on your feet
In the almost 4 years of working for this company, I was never promoted to full-time. I applied as a part-timer and initially told management that whenever a full-time position opened, I would love to move up. Yet time and time again there were other colleagues who were promoted while I wasn't. In fact, there was a girl who just started working maybe for a month and got promoted to full-time because she had known the manager from a previous job where she worked with him. I spoke to management multiple times about how I felt and how I wanted to grow and they told me they understood, however when it came to my evaluation, they would then tell me they 'were not aware' of how I felt or how I wanted to grow. I stayed as long as I did because co-workers were fun for the most part and we grew as a family -- however like most families, there is bound to be drama. Some Managers would talk about their employees behind their backs, coworkers would talk about management, etc. As long as you don't let drama get to you or get involved then the job is very easy. The hours were not good. as they would hire maybe 6 full-timers and 10 part-timers. I sometimes got 10 hours-15 hours a week. Schedules were posted 4 weeks in advance and once posted they were not changed in any way unless you were able to find someone with the same type of position to switch with.
Pros
fun with coworkers, easy job
Cons
favoritism, raises are minimal, management doesn't acknowledge you, hours are very erratic
I really enjoyed my time with H&M. As with most retail work in order to grow an open availability is required, but in my experience, that would be the least of your worries! Most of my managers were tenured by over ten years with the company. The work experience was always fun and exciting, the amount of people you saw in a day allowed you to meet people from all walks of life! The scheduling, depending on your role, is very flexible and in turn they just ask that you be flexible with them. The rate of pay is definitely more than what I normally hear from other similar "fast fashion" brands and of course this does depend on the location and volume of the store. If you're ready to work, this can definitely be a place for you, with positions from seasonal work all the way up to management and beyond. Good luck!!
I would recommend this company to someone who is looking for a people based fast work environment. H&M definitely is not for the shy type of person as you are in constant contact with customers everyday.
A place of unity and great pay for something more meaningful than any other clothing store. There is a sense of pride being there. You have the ability to keep working and have small benefits like sick days.
I enjoy providing a unforgettable guest experience. In which guest can go and tell their friends and family about the treatment in which they received and the fulfillment of finding what ever they needed. I find a great deal of pleasure in making someones day or just being friendly and sharing a smile to make someones day brighter. Anything that has to do with making people happy and satisfied. That is why interactions with guest is the most enjoyable part of my job.
I loved my time at H&M! In fact seriously considering going back. There is a lot to learn about the business and you have to be dedicated to actually get something out of your work here.
Pros
Fun and Food
The day would begin by walking the floor, and checking Store Shop Information. This would included any changed in activities or campaigns, career growth opportunities, and where certain products should be placed. The management communicated will with employees, and co-worked enjoyed having the freedom to take their own initiative while following store policies. The hardest part of this job was that H&M is usually understaffed and which requires each employee to take multiple task at once. Such as watching fitting room, ringing on register, running racks, and greeting customers all at the same time in smaller stores. Which transformed me to a very powerful employee and taught me how to accomplish many different task at once. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing how to perform many different roles, and being held responsible for important store standards.
this company is the best. though it is still retail, I will always go back to this company and work for them. They have top customer service and pay top of the line. Not only that, they really care about their employees.
Cross trained in every department. Opportunity for fast growth. New stores opening all over Florida and US. Fun working environment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at H&M?
i am in management so it can be stressful but i like the company and been with them for a long time.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no set schedule, long hours
I learned most of my customer service in this place, great place to grow
Pros
good benefits, great place to grow
H&M is like atypical day at a busy college campus in my eyes. Your meeting new people everyday, your coworkers are like your classmates, they teach and help you develop new skills and by accomplishing the first step of talking your already developing customer service skills. I've learned that they are a family company and always want what's best for every associate in the store and out. Management is put together very well when it comes to responsibility, everyone in the store has privileges weather your a pt., ft., M.I.T, visual, Stock, Supervisor, or Department manager. They offer the opportunity to anyone who feels to be ready to do more in the store in any aspect of management, visual or operations. The hardest part of the job would be trying to do nothing cause there is always something to do and the most enjoyable part is you can always be put to the test and I like that.