H&M

H&M Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

If you are in school this is a good job for you. The management are something rude & unappreciative. The stress doesn’t come close to amount of pay you receive.they only promote who they favor instead of who deserves it.
One learns a lot in a short frame of time but it's a good way to learn. I enjoy my working environment and don't really have much that I'm unhappy about. Yes, one would always want more money, more time off and free benefits but sometimes you just have to accept that it is what it is and learn to be okay with what you have. If you're not happy then you're in the wrong job.
Pros
Certain employee benefits
Cons
Long hours on your feet
You are constantly reminded that you are basically a disposal piece that they can always replace. If your not a favorite or "butt kisser" they will not accommodate to your needs like the others who are favorites. If higher ups are around store manager they will act completely different towards you and even the higher ups act as if you are beneath them where they wont acknowledge you but discuss you towards the store manager. If your really looking for a retail job H&M is not it, trust me!
This is a job where you will be so excited to start out and quickly realize how nobody cares about a thing unless it is “Season Start” aka the 4 times a year corporate visits your store. Other than those 4 weeks, There are no consequences or checking on your work. Corporate communicates through scattered emails and newsletters filled with 50 pages of information nobody communicates. There are no directives and employees sit around all day. Somehow the stores make their money despite having the most unhappy workers in fashion retail.
Pros
Pays well, no dress code, come and go as you please.
Cons
No appreciation, worlds worst customers, worlds worst management
HM is a good place to work management need to be improved They over work there best workers and fail to train the new workers
Worked here for 10 years. For the first 5 it was my favorite job I’ve ever had. Pay was good and benefits were great. Growth opportunities were plentiful if you are able to relocate. Expectations and demand on employees gets greater every year and becomes more stressful.
Great Place to Work. The culture is like no other. I would work here again if I could. There is so much room for growth and development. They live and breath the companies vaules and it is amazing!
As a college student looking at options for internships that pay way more, working 30 hours per week just stopped feeling worth it. It is an easy job with a good culture.
Retail management. Duties changed according to events happening each day. Scheduling was not in line with company goal of work/life balance. Workplace culture followed a set of values which were not always applied in store.
Do to me having kids and also went threw personal health problems now all well healthy ready to work the store was comfortable I was upset that I couldn’t get back on my feet to work. Now things are all better
The program director understands my needs. He had helped me in many ways which I learned a lot in construction. My co workers helped me too for the things that was new to me.
Pros
Family party
Cons
with an hour break and with family party gathering once a year.
You become a number and regional and country member make personal feeling based choices rather than bussiness choices no work life balance , The company values are used only to hold people accountable they are not lived in the stores anymore
Cons
No work life balance, Company values are only used to hold people accountable not to better the brand
The company has great values, but the people at the top could care less about the people in stores. People who’ve committed there lives for 10+ years never get developed, they string you along, pay increase is a JOKE, district team talks about everyone-very unprofessional, inappropriate work culture. Overall it’s where your dreams go to die. Don’t waste your time with petty adults that act like children.
Pros
Only the benefits, nothing else.
Cons
Management, district team retaliates if you go to HR, work culture is toxic, managers set unrealistic goals
H&M is a great place to work, showcase your fashion, and be you. Employee development is vital to the company as well. Personal style is encouraged by management.
Pros
Discounts, Paid time off, travel
Cons
Heavy workload, rush of customers, influx in customer complaints due to the indirect customer service that is performed.
The most enjoyable part of this company is the room for advancement and the diverse community people you work with daily. As a sales associate I was fortunate to get the experience to train my peers and also merchandising experience.
h&m was a great place to work I loved my fellow team members. their was drama but it was fine. breaks could have been longer I was a slave there someday's
Think twice before working for this company. It Starts off good like a nice job, then its drama, personal things, an a lot of favoritism. Its a o.k company for the most part
Cons
Sometime no breaks
H&M is a very fun and relaxed work place. customer service always tend to be the main focus and management is always very attentive and understanding.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
can be a bit boring
Fast-Paced Competitive Growth is possible if you stay consistent and are coach able Make sure you communicate always and hold peers accountable Work as if you are always being watched Give people a reason to invest their time with you and that goes for any job! A job is only a bad one if you allow it to be due to stress outside of work and your own personal relationship with management.
H&M is a great company to work for, especially within the retail industry. Excellent culture, lots of opportunities for development as long as your motivated and work hard.
Pros
Great benefits, travel opportunities, easy to transfer/relocate, great place to meet like minded creatives
Cons
store level work is more physically demanding than most people expect
very good company to work for if under good leadership. very good with development and letting you reach goals within the company. great standards, very in order.