H&M

H&M Employee Reviews for Department Supervisor

I first started in 06 as a sales advisor n within 7 months I moved up to administrative assistant.. Once the job was no longer needed at the location I was at I got promoted to department supversor.. The company has been through too many changes in the last couple of years for me but they have great benefits
Pros
your birthday is considered a paid holiday
Cons
security isn't available in all stores
Certain people in the overhead were rude, dismissive and they didn’t care. When serious events would happen, the store manager wouldn’t take it to the district team like they should have.. some managers still talk badly about employees after they have left. Even a year after they have left. At times being at work was toxic. Certain managers wouldn’t be on the floor, and would make excuses to not be out on the floor when the store is at its busiest hours. But even through the bad the company in general takes really good care of the employees. Usually the sales advisors are great, fun, funny people. Before management switched work was amazing. It was very upbeat, fun, people seemed to never stopped laughing. Everyone wanted to grow with the company, all sales and management wanted to help each other out. But as a Department Supervisor the role was fun.. you got to know your sales advisors and help them grow with the company ( if they wanted). This role basically is in charge of the backroom (back stocking and the trucks that would come in) and maintaining the sales floor.
Other than having good benefits this company isn't what people make out to be. They're unfair when handling promoting the right people, they look over you if they don't think they can handle you. Their racist in everything they do. Their not one person with color within the corporate level that works for H&M. They treat their Employees unfair and misconstrued.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, Pay isn't all that well.
I actually enjoy working here. I started as a sales advisor and am now a department supervisor. I really love the benefits, the people I work with, the culture, pretty much everything.
I’ve worked for the company for years making my way from a Part-Time Sales Advisor to Supervisor. For the most part it was a welcoming environment. But no matter what store you’d go to there are always associates and management that made for a toxic work environment. Problematic employees would constantly get away with anything. Whenever there was disciplinary action taken,the employees would retaliate. Upper Management would be utterly unsupportive to situations and clueless within stores. At some point they stop supporting your development and let you fall through the cracks.Be careful who you make friends with at stores they will throw anyone under the bus to save themselves. Outside of the toxic work environment you build great bonds and lifetime friendships with people you’ve met and worked with. I do appreciate the years I’ve worked there for that reason. I’ve learned a lot about running a business and developed a great amount while working for the company.Going through the big battles in retail build a strong bond between people and I honestly enjoyed working for the company.
Pros
Lunch Break, Vacation, Sick Leave
Cons
Upper Management, Employees, Work/life balance
Overall, I’ve had a great experience working at H&M and have been given opportunities for advancement. For anyone interested in working retail -this is a great company to start with. As with all fast fashion corporations there are pros and cons but in general H&M takes care of their employees and the management team is very proactive in getting all staff involved.
The company as a big picture is great. Very appreciative of their employees, great benefits and amazing values. However if you ever want to move up through the company you either need to be best friends with the people doing the hiring or they need to be so desperate for that position they will take anyone and everyone. Otherwise youll do tons of interviews and get 0 to minimal feedback forever.
good pay, long hours, can be stressful depending on your managers and co workers. personally I had an awesome time at h&m over the course of 7 years. I was promoted twice in 7 years with an opportunity to grow further but decided I needed change. oh, and they have awesome benefits.
This is a job where you will be so excited to start out and quickly realize how nobody cares about a thing unless it is “Season Start” aka the 4 times a year corporate visits your store. Other than those 4 weeks, There are no consequences or checking on your work. Corporate communicates through scattered emails and newsletters filled with 50 pages of information nobody communicates. There are no directives and employees sit around all day. Somehow the stores make their money despite having the most unhappy workers in fashion retail.
Pros
Pays well, no dress code, come and go as you please.
Cons
No appreciation, worlds worst customers, worlds worst management
Good brand but sometimes the work schedule is like a roller coaster ride...From late shift to morning...Sometimes you dont have much sleep and rest because of your shift
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at H&M?
I loved the benefits that H&M had to offer. There was a generous amount of vacation time, free dental insurance, and a reasonable amount of money was taken from my check to contribute to the cheap, but very helpful health insurance.
Definitely portrays a very positive culture that is based on people and internal promotion/upward mobility but that is the exact opposite. (Unless you're one of the favorites)
Benefits
Cons
Management, treatment of employees, favoritism, pay discrepancies, no acknowledgement, fakeness, poor communication
The district I worked in was hard to get promoted. It’s easier to move up if you quit and reply in 6 months for the position you want. Other than that H&M is a good place to work at.
The store manager at the H&M arrowhead location lacks the people skills it takes to be a good manager. She degrades the employees and talks badly about everyone behind their backs. She cusses at employees and calls them names. If you like being told you could lose your job over any and everything and if you like being treated very badly then this is the place for you! If you have self respect and dont tolerate being treated unfairly then dont waste your time with this place. There is so much more I could say but I will leave it with this, if you prefer respect and gratitude for your hard work DO NOT WORK AT H&M ARROWHEAD.
Pros
Employee discount, birthday off paid
Cons
Store manager makes life miserable
fun place to work. a lot of responsibilities for each manager but not overwhelming. a lot of opportunities for moving up within the company and traveling for work.
No work balance. Favoritisms between Districts and Management. Other than that, the job itself is great and the staff is amazing. Would recommend as a regular sales advisor.
I wasted 3 years of my life with this company I was promoted from a sales advisor just to be stuck in my role as a supervisor, this store has only 3 people closing the store at night which we could use double that on some days, management plays favorites and gossips. I was the target this month for gossip so I was basically pushed out of the store and decided to resign. District was no help at all when I was having problems with my store manger and the benefits and pay do not make up for the stress this job puts on your body and mind. 9 hour working days with a lot of closing and then opening the next day example:1-10 then 9-6.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Gossip, favoritism, work-life balance, customers
Depending on the day and location of the store it can start off slow, it progressively gets busy throughout the day and gets really busy at night. It is fast paced, there is a lot of room for growth.
I worked for H&M for 10 years great company I would love to go back. The company May have had some hardships it’s still worth working there. People wi
Pros
Break room, great salary and benefits
Cons
No loss prevention, late hours
I worked at H&M for nearly 3 years. At first, it was a very fun, dynamic workplace that supported its staff and ran smoothly. I genuinely enjoyed my first year of work. Unfortunately, the store manager was a nightmare, and Area Office did not care about our concerns, and ignored our pleas for help for months. After they finally terminated the store manager, they left us without an SM through the Christmas rush, and offered us no support and no pay raise for all the extra work we were doing. As a company, they constantly change their policies and routines, and add far too much work to the already heavy management workload, without enough incentives or perks. They truly only care about the money, and have no investment in the well-being of their staff.
Pros
Clothing discount
Cons
Irregular rules, pushy sales tactics, convoluted routines
Great place to work. There is always opportunities for advancement and the people you meet are one of a kind. It is very fast paced, but it’s also very rewarding.
  1. Department Supervisor