H&M

H&M Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Found 1,516 reviews matching the search
H&M is a diversified company, in which I am able to meet colleagues from all walks of life. This provided me a precious chance to get along with different people, thus broadening my horizons. In addition, the flexible working hours provided by the company enables me to strike a balance between work and life.
Pros
Flexible working hours
I honestly loved working here my first 2 years, eventually management start changing and that's when everything went downhill. Easy job after a week or two you will get the hang of it. Most fun part was interacting with customers.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
lack of hours
So my time at H&M was decent. I think it's a good job to learn skills that will help you become efficient in retail and organization. They will give you projects and keep you busy, they will cross train you and make you do a bit of everything. Wear comfortable shoes.The training process when I was hired was pretty good, I was there to see that go downhill. Some of the better full timers quit and the new trainers weren't being as thorough and it showed. Training was about 10 shifts and I even had to keep a diary on what I had learned. Register training can be a bit confusing at first but the more you do it the easier it became, they want you to keep the line down so the faster you are at it the happier management will be with you. The rest is mostly keeping the store clean and organized.Overall I recommend this job if you're trying to get experience and meet fun people, if you can stay out of drama then you'll get along fine. I definitely see this as a temporary job as the pay isn't the best. Get your experience and find something better!
Pros
good about sending people on their breaks, meeting new people, getting cross trained
Cons
shady customers, few hours, low pay
The job isn’t hard at all just very tedious but the people you work with and the people you meet are all very enjoyable. The pay isn’t also bad as well.
Cons
I have never been happier with a job! H&M goes above and beyond for their employees, and WANTS you to grow with the company, not just stay low on the ground as a sales advisor. The pay is decent, starting at $11.
Pros
Growth, pay
Cons
Is a very nice place to work,because of the team,company,clothes,product and the customer.I really felt happy there.Everyone is willing to help you with everything and you can learn every day.
When I worked there the pay was super cheap they were paying me 9.50 and I was a college student at the time struggling to pay books, the manager would over work us and then I was forced to stay every night a extra 3 hours to help clean up the store even tho we close at 9pm.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Short breaks and less pay
Nagyon sok minden függ a vezetéstől és a csapattól. Ha ezek jók akkor élvezhető a munka bent. Ugyanakkor ha ez nem teljesül akkor minden nap egy benti drámára mész be. Folyamatos pletykák mindenki körül, olyan szintű versengés és klikkesedés az emberek között, hogy öröm nézni, a management meg hagyjuk. Az előre jutáshoz kb. jópofozni kell az adott vezetővel, akkor is ha nem értesz vele egyet, ha meg ezt nem csinálod akkor maximum a Szentlélek fog téged feljebb rakni (de még lehet az se). A vicces az egészben, hogy nem a vásárlók nyomják fel a vérnyomásod hanem a saját kollégáid és vezetőid. Agresszív kereskedelmi hozzáállás a felső vezetők részéről, bár szerintem ott a versengés és a pletykálkodas nagyobb és rosszabb szintet üt meg. Magyarországon a kereskedelmi láncolatok közül a H&M nél a legrosszabb a fizetés.
Pros
Részmunkaidő
Cons
Alacsony fizetés, pletyka, dráma, stressz
Am very hardworking individual and I have great customer service experience, am open minded and always enjoy learning new skils. I enjoy working with the team building each other.
Pros
Free WiFi
Cons
H&M was the best retail job I’ve ever had. I worked at a really busy and chaotic location, but I always felt like everyone was on the same page regardless. I met a lot of cool people during my time at H&M and I miss the atmosphere. H&M allows for some fun while at work and I always appreciated that.
Pros
Hour lunches, free reign
I had fun with my coworkers! I learned a lot and was able to always ask questions and receive feedback! Loved going into work and being able to learn something new!
it’s a good & easy place to work at while in school. However chances for a promotion are very slim. Don’t recommend this job as a long term job. fair work place
a typical day involves jumping on the till for hours on end, cleaning up after messy and lazy customers. Also processing garments in the stock room if you come in the morning. You might have to go in and control the fitting room for abit and lastly, putting clothes back in the right places.. alongside answering questions from customers.
Pros
nice colleagues, interview wasn't that difficult, easy rotor to follow, holiday pay
Cons
unsupportive management most of the time, heavy favouritism from management, lack of staff means work overload for others, staying over an hour after you were actually meant to finish
First of all the whole company is based around team orientation, which lightens the staff body's moral entirely .This helps with making sure the entire store stays above the District Manager, as well as, the Store Directors Goals for every single department. Which is usually somewhere close to 85% per department, and also store sales. After that it would have to be the overall well roundedness in every individuals skill set level within each department, due to the exceptional Hennes & Mauritz handbook, learning, and training process. While the Trainers continuously remind the new team members during the training videos, and store walk throughs that, "It is more than acceptable to ask any type of questions no matter how they may seem to oneself that they may have; are holding, or are hiding, whether it be for pride, ego, or fear of sounding incompetent." The Supervisors, as well as, the Management Team do a very awesome job of reinforcing the concept of letting new team members know to be themselves, and frequently tell new members that letting out your questions from the beginning is a good way to start. Rather than holding them back for when the new team member is faced with an incident with a guest questioning them on the exact same query that originally during the first new member walk throughs. The upper management constantly reminds fairly new team members that if this case were to actually happen, simply having the vulnerability to have asked the question alongside of all of the new team members would have enlightened the others who were being shy at the same time during - more...
Pros
The Management always had incentives whether we met goal or not, donuts, lunches, an extension on holding some garments for us employees us. It was an awesome workplace.
Cons
Closing Time everybody leaves when the final department is clean, but that is also a pro because it added to our growth and team bonding.
Closely knit and engaging work family which made coming to work very enjoyable! Management improved over time and became more approachable and flexible with hours, while keeping it professional. Pushes you to do better when they see room for growth and offered opportunities of moving up in the company!
Pros
Great work team, flexible hours, good hours
Very easy to move up in the company, great pay, and flexible. Everyone is very helpful, great managers. Training was very easy they don’t leave until you are comfortable with what you are doing.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Not a lot of hours sometimes
Going to work you can expect what to do. No raises are being offered through this time but company still expects 100%+ effort for no rewards. Just another corporate caring about themselves instead of their employees.
Pros
Covid-19 safe
Cons
No raises, feel like a robot
I would of enjoyed my time at work. In my opinion I had the worst manager. I was disrespected in front of my co-workers constantly so it made it hard for me to give my best work. I always did my job and I have no problem with criticism but when my manager belittles me all time during my first week on the job I can only tolerate so much. If your okay with this type of management then you’ll have a great time. I don’t think every H&M location will have a manager like this though
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
Work itself is pretty standard retail affair, swapping around to different duties depending on how they scheduled you that day from cashiering to tidying the sales floor and engaging with customers. I do think that the company treats its workers really solidly overall, I'd say that it's probably the best entry level mall retail job that there is and most certainly the best one ive had. In my experience it is usually very organized, with people working with you to get what you need to know. I've been working with the company for over 3 years now and unfortunately despite making above min wage before covid, all sales advisors make min wage now and there are no bonuses wheras before we would get monthly bonuses to our pay depending on how well the store performed. so that sucks. Part timers do not get health insurance benefits or dental. Definitely room for advancement, in normal circumstances you discuss with your overhead team about where you might want to progress into the company every half year and I have known many people to have done so. My coworkers were great. The employee discount is pretty good too. If you're looking for a job that will pay you minimum wage max right now and with a decent workplace culture I would recommend here. The pay situation may improve by next year for sales advisors back to how it was before.
Pros
Employee discount, workplace culture, organized management, advancement opportunities
Cons
no healthcare for part time employees, minimum wage only for all sales advisors as of rn
There's nothing special about working here, other than it really isn't bad at all. I've worked at way worse places and had way worse management. They really encourage their employees to take breaks (they are actually enforced) even if you're doing a 5 hour shift. The work/life balance is great (at least at my location). My manager is always willing to work with my school schedule. Pay isn't amazing, but at least it's standardized company wide.
Pros
Coworkers are nice, company encourages you to learn the "ins and outs", communicative throughout COVID
Cons
$14/hour pay, mostly part time
If you are in school this is a good job for you. The management are something rude & unappreciative. The stress doesn’t come close to amount of pay you receive.they only promote who they favor instead of who deserves it.