H&M

H&M Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

People are really nice, not too much pressure to work there so I am not feeling stress which I can work in a very postive attitude . Also I learnt lots of things from there
It has fun environment , yet theres bias between manager and workers There’s toxic people everywhere & make me loose my motivational to go to work. Hence it was a great experience
H&M is a very busy store therefore you are always expected to be doing something productive. It is good in the snese that it makes time go faster however it can be very stressful when it comes to tidying the shop floor and clearing rails at the end of the day. I am only on a 8 hour contract so a typical day would be come in the morning before the store is open and clear rails from the day before. After that is finished, due to covid, I might stand at the entrance and count the number of customers in the store or leaving the store. I would then typically work on till untill the end of my shift. If i am working in the afternoon I will typically start my shift on the tills and stay on the till untill it is time to tidy at 16:30 or i might start on the doors followed by the tills and tidy at the end. H&M has taught me how to work under pressure as there are often long lines so I know how to remain calm and work efficiently in a stressful environment.I'd say managment ranges, I used to have a really good store manager who was really hands on and kept us all motivated and the department managers were quite good too. However, they all moved to different stores and my new store manager isn't as hands on and i find it quite hard to get their help on the shop floor. . I'd say the hardest part of the job is always having to work really hard and quickly it makes you feel exhausted after every shift and it can be really hard to work to their expectations when your not feeling 100%. I think the best part of the job is the discount as we recieve 25% employee discount that can be - more...
Pros
25% discount, interesting meetings
Cons
always busy, very demanding
Colleagues are bubbly and very helpful. They become your second family cause u spend most of your time at work. It's a fun place to be. Just the hours and shifts are exhausting.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The company good was good and has its benefits and a good working environment with benefits and good management and the collegues are excellent team players.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
if you're into fashion and fabrics, you can work here for a long period and target your goals in the company, overall was fun, have to be strong physically and mental, cause working in retail can be real toxic (the only cons that i can think of) if you're looking for healthy ambiance in workplace then maybe not retail. but still, worth to try for experience :) my 2cents.
Great first job the pay is good and management really help train you so you start work easier. Always something to do so you’ll never find yourself bored and it’s a great environment
I worked at H&M Chaplefield between 2018 to the end of 2019; it was my first job and I was employed when I was 18. Since having other jobs I realised how awful, pretentious and unprofessional management was towards other employees including myself. Managers within the store would talk about members of staff to employees half their age; I witnessed it on multiple occasions. Two of my friends came forward to tell me one of the managers had called me "Useless" and an "Airhead" on multiple occasions (I am studying for a Bachelor of science). Later this year I was glad to find out that this person had been made redundant. Other employees were lovely and I made some really close friends which somehow made it worth it as we were all in the same boat. I know a lot of employees that had a similar experience to me. I wouldn't go back, it was a really uncomfortable environment to work in and I am glad I moved on with my life.I think the main issue is how unprofessional management is. Theres a really high staff turnover in the store and I believe that sometimes the wrong people can fall into a management position because of it.
Pros
Pay was substantial
Cons
Unprofessional management, High staff turnover
Worked here a few years ago. Lazy staff get away with being lazy and incompetent. One individual did nothing but sit in the office doing “admin” and eating KFC while we struggled on the shop floor. No regard for us stressing out and getting abuse from customers. Brown nosers and cool kids get the promotion. Absolute joke of a place . Not allowed to go home until the rails are cleared at the end of the day despite your finishing time being put in as 7pm
Pros
Most of the staff were nice
Cons
Favoritism, overworked, constantly being given late finishes.
Everyone tends to be very friendly at H&M. As with any workplace there's gossiping but if you keep out of it you'll do fine. H&M has little progression opportunities however overall, it's a nice place to work.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Can be stressful
H&m is a great company to work for, the management can sometimes be arsey and forget we're just selling clothes. But the overall work environment is fun, fast paced and there are decent progression opportunities if you stick in. The job like all retail can be a bit repetitive but its well rewarded, its one of the few retailers who pay above living wage and not just minimum. I loved my 4 years with this company
Pros
Fun, friendly, decent wage
Cons
Hours can be long, can be a bit repetitive
While I was working there I met friendly colleagues who were very easygoing. The amount of work we do is accordingly paid. The job is fun because you have to interact with customers.
Worked for H&M for over a year and in that time I was temporarily promoted to cash office responsible where I had to get up at 5am to open up the store as most of the time the managers were late. I worked hard in every shift and received no support or a simple “well done”. The management team are lazy and unprofessional and treat the staff like they are their own puppets. My managers went so low to talk about me behind my back and made it very obvious, making it very clear that they were doing so. I was constantly put on the door for most of my shift after lockdown where I had to repeatedly tell every customer our health and safety. Was told off when I allowed customers in the store who already knew the health and safety and told it was ‘the law’! I was never paid correctly and and holiday took over a month to be authorised (if it ever was). Would never recommend working here if you want to be treated fairly and appropriately L
Pros
25% off discount
Cons
Management and underpaid
I worked at H&M in leith and, jesus, I don't know who is still on team but one of the managers (L) , was an absolute monster. She hated everyone and everyone hated her. She would pass you by and not even say hello. She would yell at you to do something and then pick it apart one minute later. Other managers always praised me, and I know that I am good at my job, she just hated everyone that didn't kiss her behind. She is such a stuck up and I hope she doesn't work as a manager anymore but who knows.The rest of the team was great, I am still friends with them, but we all kinda left for one reason or another.Hated every second of it. For a multimillion dollars company they really treat you like garbage. They only care about numbers and pretending to be 'green' when they are not. The amount of waste was insane. They should pay people more, the salary is laughable. It s always big companies that pay horribly. Hated it.
Pros
I was poor needed money
Cons
No stress...it was actually good to be working at H&M. We get paid nicely We treated our customers very nicely so that they could come back next time.
Worked there for 6+ years absolutely awful company to work for do not care about mental health avoid!!! -no work life balance work every single weekend all weekend no matter what availability you provide them with -management are shocking -be prepared for shift changes last minute and it being your fault -Not supportive of mental health -feels like a crime to take a holiday -
Cons
Working in h&m is very relaxing and peaceful. Staff members are always polite and always ready to help a customer. H&M also pays very well monthly i would recommend this H&M for anyone looking for a job.
Pros
i don't know.
Cons
i don't know.
Manager was not nice at all. She treated me very badly. There were numerous Health & Safety issues involving me & they ignored me. Manager would watch on CC tv how many time I went to the bathroom.
really nice place to work at. The working culture is really friendly and relaxed, however you still need to put effort in order to provide the best customer service.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
All retail is the same really. I have to say they don't lack on opportunities or progressing, I've been at H&M over a year now and roughly 9 different opportunities have been offered, not even becuase people are quitting its literally just offering it out to find new people to keep things fresher, which is lovely. It very much is repetition daily, same old, people you work with become like a second family. Just average retail.
H&M is a fast paced company in the forefront of retail fashion. Always aims to be the number one for go to fashion. All employees are expected to work to a fast pace and in an efficient manner to get the jobs complete. Expect to work long days at times and be prepared to sacrifice time with family but your colleagues become like family.