H&M

H&M Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Fun working environment, nice company culture, and nice manager. i really enjoyed it. It gave me the opportunity to learn, work and try.
I’m a hard worker I’m never late. This company is more for political. My interest here has expire. I plan on moving on to something better this year.
Cons
Super chill honestly if you’re a quick learner everything is simple. Of course it’s retail so if you don’t have much patience for customers it can pretty tough.
Pros
Not hard
Cons
A lot of standing
one of the worst jobs i ever had, lot of the managers got there because of staying with the company for long and not because they are good. they treat you bad, lot of favouritism, no advancement. too many expectations for very lil pay. always understaffed.
Working there was alright. They had good flexible hours if you had work or went to school. Management was fun and outgoing. Pay was poor for the amount of work you had to do.
Cons
Good pay and fairly flexible when it comes to adjusting to your school or personal schedule. Sometimes the job environment would feel unprofessional, but overall it is bearable. In my opinion not a good place to stay long term, they don't give raises much
Great place to work just no hours for part time like 7-15.5 hours. Usually for smaller locations there is only one full time position and no chance to move up u less somebody quits or you relocate. This is a great job for a student but if you are trying to have a career I’d suggest a bigger city it’s do able with another job if you are part time. Great discounts
Pros
Great discounts, freedom to wear whatever within dress code
Cons
No hours
Major major favoritism. I was a decent worker and always picked up shifts for people and was customer service friendly but got treated like terribly by management because I didn't "fit the look". Always favor people based on style and always train them better with a manager. People they don't want but hire anyways always get "trained" by a non-manager for a day and then left on their own so it's easier to berate them over knowledge they don't know. Also the one I worked at always had safety hazards going on like overloading a non-freight elevator so much it gets stuck for 3 hours. Honestly don't even try applying here because management will literally do nothing to help you and will judge you based on how you dress and how attractive you are, I've seen this with MULTIPLE people not just me.
Pros
1 hour lunch if you work a certain amount of time
Cons
Terrible management and obvious favoritism
a typical day consist of helping customers find items, keeping the floor stocked and organized and ringing up customers. Holiday season can be intense. the pay is terrible
Pros
fun work environment, discount on clothes
Cons
short staffed, long work hours, bad pay
Typical day at work would be different depending on the time of day. It was rarely boring. Depending on which location you work at, training can be very good or very bad.
Pros
Fun work, decent hours
Decent pay. Good for college students and people that need some extra cash. Management is okay. Needs to work on communicating more with employees. Closing shifts can be overwhelming during holiday season.
Pros
Pay
Cons
H&M as a company is great, but the location I worked at was horrible. The work itself was easy, but you will need to work past your scheduled time. I have had shifts that end at 11p and have left at almost 2a. So beware if you don't want extra hours. The workplace environment itself was just terrible. Management was very disrespectful at times and the store manager was very condescending and would be petty to fire people if he did not like them. Also because most of the employees are on the younger side there would be a lot of drama and gossip at all times. When I first start it was a positive experience, but the store manager fired a lot of the managers that cared about employees, and new management show favoritism with employees. Also, this is not a job to get if you want to move up. Many people have been trained for management and will perform management duties at minimum wage and will never move up. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
long breaks, some great people, and easy work
Cons
management and environment
Always opportunities to learn and advance with your peers. If you tell management that there is something you want to work on or develop knowledge in, they will do anything to make it happen.
This job is extremely fast paced, customers can be extremely rude, management does not do enough to make sure their employees feel respected. The hardest part of the job is 100% how crazy it gets on busy days, be prepared to be on the till for 4 hours straight on holidays. The best part is how close you get with your coworkers, it's what keeps you going on those terrible days. Hours are super flexible. Post-covid though, they usually only schedule people for 4 hour shifts, which can be good for students, bad if you're trying to make ends meet. Worked here for almost 2 years and haven't gotten a raise because of how insane head office is. Only work here if ur desperate, or just in need of experience.
Pros
free food on holidays, 60 dollar gift card at christmas
Cons
head office, customers treat you like you are a servant
It’s a fun place to work and meet great people from various backgrounds. There are too many employees so most days you’re doing boring task. There is a lot of favortism.
Pros
Flexibility, fun, great people
Cons
Pay, no advancement
Compared to other retail companies, the overhead management was decent. They kept up with scheduling a month in advance. Paid time off which was considered “wellness” (sick days). This could be accumulated as you continued to work, Vacation for Full Time. Good amount of breaks and decent times. Proper training that lasted about 2-4 weeks depending. Organized shift scheduling.
Pros
Discount/WELLNESS/VAC/ opportunity to move up within the company
Cons
Policies were not enforced for everyone at times
Other employees were fairly nice. Kind of an unprofessional environment. One of the managers always had problems with employees. Other managers were nice and understanding. Fellow employees did well with training others. Store was pretty much like an "express yourself" type of vibe which was really nice.
Pros
express yourself environment, nice pay
Cons
management could better
Somedays a shift felt long because the store was slow and other days was the complete opposite. Every one I worked with was super easy to talk to and I knew I could ask anyone for help if I had a question. My coworkers made the job a lot more enjoyable. I spent a lot of my time on the floor organizing clothes or in the fitting room sorting clothes. It took me a little bit of time to learn the register but that was my favorite place to be once I got the hang of it because I liked interacting with the customers. By working at H&M, this job increased my organizational and customer service skills. This was a great first part-time job.
Pros
employee discount, flexible hours
You need to have patience. Staff is cool. Management is not the best when working together. I did enjoy this job but we were understaffed for so long and it was hard to trade shifts.
I joined H&M with hopes of growth in my desired areas (as was promised by my managers) only to be let down time and time again. There’s no job security. The company’s response to covid-19 was extremely poor and left part time workers in the dust. Will work you to the bone for nothing in return.
Pros
Casual dress code, paid leave
Cons
Does not follow up on the growth promised.
The managers don’t care about other scheduled events in your life! even if you have a mutation growing in you... Their main concern is reaching the store goal for the day and closing the store with ease 😒 ugh.
Pros
The paycheck you work hard to get
Cons
everything, gossip culture, the managers get paid to sit in the back and criticize hard-working sales associates.