H&M

H&M Employee Reviews for Visual Merchandiser

Better consistent communication through district...They send to training paid with $40 day stipend for staying in hotel. They def invest in their visuals and as long as you are in a top 5 stores they will help as much as possible. They kind of forget about the smaller stores
Pros
Benefits, bonuses, discount, pay raise 1 yr, culture, can war almost thing, visual gratification
Cons
Long hours, management, not enough consistency, advancement
I worked as Visual merchandiser in H&M Hounslow.The customer are very rude and they don’t have respect for the people working there.Between the management team there is not collaboration and communication.If you do overtime as a DM or VM you will work for free because you get paid monthly and they actually aspect that you do overtime especially the DM’s.As a company they use you as much they can then you are replaceable. I did a lot in the store even job that wasn’t in my job description and when I ask the store manager and the area team to help me about my situation they don’t give care at all. As a company they aspect that you follow the H&M values but nobody follow that.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Store managers lack the knowledge of training staff. Easy to make friends with sales advisors. No advancements in promotions. Store managers can make more hostile.
Pros
Paid two ten minute breaks
Cons
Management make work environment hostile
Many progression opportunities, a lot of feedback provided, casual uniform, training opportunities, fun team, a day opens with communication of daily goals and activities
I absolutely loved my (just shy of) 7 years with H&M. I started as a part time associate in the Accessories Dept, and by the end I was a Visual Keyholder. Growth was incredibly difficult. Promotions are partially impacted by favoritism. I had a manager tell me to my face, "I'm not promoting you because your attitude sucks." May be valid to a degree, but when you're forced for almost a year to listen to the same short music soundtrack on a loop-while smiling! Not to mention watching customers throw clothes on the floor, it can really be a challenge (literally. People need to stop doing this. Seriously.) But they feel "We believe in people" is a way to grow and that is true. You can have zero experience and show interest in one area of anywhere within the h&m realm and they will help you to grow into that role. But it takes real dedication and effort. Benefits were alright. Good 401k matching, tenure determines amount of vacation accrued. I was just right over a month of accrued PTO days plus sick days are given in a separate bucket. They "Don't care if you're saving puppies on the top of Mount everest " DON'T BE LATE. Their T&A policy is strict and they are very consistent on accountability. It's part of their opening manager's morning routine so it will not be overlooked. They do a good job of rotating job functions throughout the day so you don't get bored or stuck somewhere. I left due to a health issue and what was a very poor and offensive response from my store manager. I was there for 6.5 years already, and was in my 4th store- I even was part of 4 of those openings. - more...
Pros
Growth, fast paced, staff, values, industry leading
Cons
Very strict T&A policy, impersonal managers, messy customers, say bye to all holidays and weekends.
I have worked retail for a very long time, and this is by far the best place to work if you are looking to be in the retail industry. Definitely a great first job as well, I have learned more from this company than my previous employer that I was with for 7 years.
The company started on a good note with international support and lost its way as South Africans got into certain positions! They are company oriented and careless about their employees.
Pros
The occasional lunch/breakfast
Cons
Long hours, no benefits
I worked at H&M for 8 years and they were the best years of my life. Great people, good benefits and the company look after you, company also has great values. Management would always support you if you ever had any problems.
Pros
Christmas parties and general work environment
Cons
*Dont ever apply to H&M kuwait*Find another one which much better*Too much workloads. *small salary*bad management*even managers doesnt have much Ideas about what is in the stores.
Pros
Free uniform (ofcourse) thats it
Cons
Breaks (ofcourse) but too much work Load
They do not appreciate your work. The store manager receives praise if you do a good job. People aren't held accountable which affects your job while you're still expected to perform.
Pros
The clothes are nice.
Cons
Management is incompetent.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at H&M?
The morale in the store is super low. And the managers are always so moody. I never know what to expect walking into work every day. I have good hours, but I don’t have any sick days or vacation days left for the year so now I feel burnt out and if I get sick I don’t get paid for the day.
The company is very customer-oriented.Days are challenging and fun at the same time.Not all the managers in store are inspiring and able to manage.
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
Unpaid overtime for management and lack of interest in the wellness of members in small stores.
Doporučuji,co se týče získání zkušeností, tahle firma posune člověka, pokud je šikovný.
Pros
Žádné
Cons
Bez benefitů
I spend 3 years at this company. Retail in general is just a garbage job unless your making Commission. This place has the worst head office and management team I have ever encounter. To all you young kids please don't apply here. You can all do so much better then working for minimum wage being treated unfairly.
Pros
No pros just cons
Cons
There's to many to state
● Work-life balanceWith H&M it’s very important not to consume your time with job, balance is necessary.● Pay & benefitsBenefits are amazing.● OverallH&M is a rewarding place to work. There’s always room for growth in the company, and the opportunity to relocate to many different locations for the company.
H&M prides itself on diversity, which many managers/ teams from store locations such as the Staten Island location prove incorrect. Managers allow inappropriate behaviors between associates to take place, subject associates to body shaming, don't offer opportunities for advancement even when associates express their goals and ask what to do to achieve them, etc. Company itself offers great pay compared to other companies and benefits (only if you are full time, which are rare positions).
I worked here for 2.5 years, was constantly promised promotions and worked OT for them, never got them. I did a ridiculous amount of visual merchandising work for them for the entirety of my time there unpaid and uncompensated- I did this all on the promise that I would move up. When asked and suggested we put this in writing, I was ignored. If I didn't do the merchandising tasks assigned to me without pay, my hours suffered. I proved myself and worked hard consistently, but head office at this company is unorganized, disrespectful of your time, and Their slogan is Great Place to Work-untrue. A typical day at any H&M (not just my location) was being expected to do multiple things on multiple floors because we were constantly understaffed due to poor managerial planning. This seemed the case at every location in Toronto. I do not and would not EVER recommend anyone looking for work to apply here.
Cons
Terrible management
Face paced and value based company. If you're just starting out in the retail business its nice place to start. Lots of growth and learning opportunities.
I found this job something more that what I expected. For someone who is over organized, this is the job for you. You have to be fast on your feet and a team player. Always be prepared to get feedback and having thick and tough skin is a must.
Company with a lot of history and values behind. It is secure, it is fun and there is loads of opportunities for you to grow and develop. A good company!
the company shows no respect for the staff, expect everything giving nothing in return. they will not make a minimum effort to keep you in the company, even if you worked with them for several years.
  1. Visual Merchandiser