hibu Employee Reviews

You work remotely so it is important to have self discipline. The commission is ok if you are a hunter and sell new business. Commission on existing renewals is minimal.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
High stress to meet quota
A typical day at work requires setting up my day in the morning and walking into businesses trying to set an appointment with the owners. I have grown so much in the past year working here.
Pros
Ability to customize your own schedule.
Not a very good compnay when it comes to taking care of clients. Outsource most of the work and don’t care for its clients. Company has decent benefits and 401k.
Pros:
- Everyday was something different and it made you think on your feet with the vast amount of systems and programs you would be using.

- Learning industry skills and expanding on your own skill set to handle complex issues.

- Working as part of a close knit team and everyone working towards a common goal, general friendliness and sociability.

- Allowed for self growth and adaptability by taking on different roles and projects when the need arose. Could be overwhelming but was fair once comfortable

- Fooda Pop Up for Lunch was a great way of having lunch!

Cons:

- Problems arise when departmental communication breakdowns would get in the way and cause delays to resolutions and simple miscommunications could cause a two day job to turn into a week long one while you tried to figure things out and where it went wrong.

- System processing red tape would crop up and cause a simple two step solution you could handle end up adding ten additional steps because it had to go through several other departments to get "notated".

- Adding unnecessary steps to processes and beefing up the resolution time, thus causing frustrated customers and reps to wait even longer.

- Exec management doesn't seem to have a clear direction at times and it trickles back down when something doesn't work.
Pros
Good people to work with, Good work life balance, variety of job situations day to day
Cons
Communication breakdowns between departments, red tape on simple problems and fixes, odd process changes
I can't say i regret working here. I learned so much. It taught me all the things in online marketing I was to busy to learn myself. That said, the training is very job specific and doesn't really help much outside hibu. Training is lacking. Higher management is disconnected from the staff and can't make up their minds on the direction needed. This usually brings on more than any person can handle.
Great pay if you don't mind being dishonest to your client. You will say what you believe is right to client, but then you will learn Hibu does not deliver on promises. Then you'll have to decide what kind of person you want to be....a well paid fraud or a person of integrity. Keep in mind the client will never trust you again regardless of what company you go to.
Had an awesome manager. The compensation plan is great. You need great time management and self discipline as you do have a home office. Need to produce and meet sales quotas.
Pros
Management, products
Cons
Outsourcing work to other countries...websites come back as very elementary and not written well.
It is a very hard sell. when you sell they pay you well but in reality its a very hard sell and management doesn't support the reps. I really don't know why I have to do a 150 charecters to this but here it is now.
If you are willing to work hard, you will be recognized for your work and get a lot out of the job. This is awesome experience in the digital marketing industry.
Yellow book was a great place to work.. 70 people at one time and we worked as a team. Hibu decided not to have the Yellow book, phone book,
anymore. In February of 2018 it was my time to go. They have only 6 people left in my department now. We went from close to 1000 markets all over the US, now it less than 300.

A typical work day was all of us helping each other. When one person

needed help there was always someone there to help and lean on.

The hardest part of my job was watching our job go down hill. I would of stayed there for ever if I could..
Save your skills, time, and effort. You will be overworked and unappreciated. Employees are leaving left and right. It’s a very toxic environment. Just...no.
Hibu has been a great company. They stay on top of technology and have the support system in place and resources for their sales teams to thrive. They take the guess work out of the job. If you have no problem generating the leads and upselling, the team gives you all the support you need during your presentation of custom of digital solutions.
Good overall highly competitive, fast paced, fun, well compensated sales environment. Strong managerial support for sales reps. to have balance between obtaining new sales, renewing clients & personal time.
Position Sales: What they don't tell you, How Horrible of a reputation Hibu has, no businesses want to do business with Hibu, if you are able to sell, they can cancel anytime, even though they sign a contract. As a rep you get paid commission on the new sale, however if client does not complete the contract term & cancel for any reason the commission previously paid is taken back out of the reps check. Leading to huge charge backs.
company was in turmoil still is. the pay could be better for always feeling like you may get laid off at any given moment. Its always something with them
I’m
still at Hibu but on medical leave. I’m not sure I’m returning to Hibu as I cannot drive as a result of my medical condition. For the foreseeable future my next position will require me to work from home...which Ican do using technology (meeting apps like Zoom & Skype) and travel services such as Uber or Lyft.
The Digital Service Consultant position is required to do complete many different tasks that may take anywhere from 2 minutes to two hours. However, all tasks are treated the same and are what your performance is based on. It doesn’t matter if you were stuck talking to customers for the majority of the day, if you don’t get all your tasks done, your manager is talking to you about it tomorrow.
Pros
Nice people, good benefits
Cons
High expectations, sometimes unrealistic standards
first time to be at a place where we call "In house" , the co workers were fun, the management was awesome and they allow us to wear comfortable clothes during work week
Not a good place to work. Management is very bad and inefficient. Nothing new to learn. It's like a robotic office life. Best place to waste your future.
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
Best place to waste your Career.
Avoid hibu like a plague. They do not treat clients or employees well. Sales manager micromanages everyone to death! This company has so many conferences and sales meetings every week that get in the way of sales people selling. You are expected to sell, plug in the layout of all your clients' ad campaigns that can take hours after you get their signed contracts that takes you off the sales floor and away from selling. They want you to coach other sales people without paying you and still expect you to sell. They pit sales people against one another so it is a very competitive and disempowering environment to work in. This company will also randomly change commission pay structures around so you make less if you are doing well. They also will charge clients money if they cancel and make clients sign before showing them the complete contract so clients do not know hibu is being protected and not clients. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AT ALL TO CLIENTS OR ANYONE TO WORK FOR!!
I appreciated my time at HIBU. They offered great work life balance while I was employed with them. I would recommend this company to friends and family.