Hong Kong International School

Hong Kong International School Employee Reviews

Hong Kong13 reviews
Collaborative Community
The best part of HKIS, whether as a parent, volunteer or employee is the community spirit of the school. New families, students, teachers and parents are warmly welcomed each year and find life-long friends and colleagues in the process.
Great Place to work, but also changing quickly
HKIS is a wonderful school with wonderful teachers. World-class facilities and staff in a world-class location.
However, as the school becomes more of a business, choices are being made that I personally feel affect the quality of life there. I hope the focus remains upon education and not profit.
Competitive
Very competitive and stressful at times. Very demanding parents. Beautiful geographical environment to work at. Fun colleagues. Transportation and housing offered as benefits.
Pros
Housing, transportation
Cons
Housing included in salary: no salary scale based on years of experience.
Great learning experience
This was for a high school newspaper, so I'm not sure why anyone on Indeed would need a review of this. But I had a lot of great experiences writing for my school newspaper.
A lot of learning experience gained
This was a great chance to get a sneak peak into the fashion world, you learn a lot about working with brands and training individuals below you. Through this I learned a lot about design programs as well as promoting events.
Great student volunteer experience
Of course, I am a little biased because I did attend this school since I was in kindergarten all the way through 12th grade. This is a great atmosphere to meet knew individuals from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds, I have learned so much from the individuals around me and the working environment was great to learn about working with mentors who are older than you. You learn a lot about patience since you are working with younger students.
Step in-step out job
I cover for teachers who are sick or on PD. It is great to interact with students of all ages and work in different schools. Hardest part is unpredictability.
Part time school nurse while ex pat in Hong Kong
School Nurse for Middle school, shared position with another nurse.
Had various experiences with Middle school children who would come to the clinic for evaluation.
Pros
Ever changing needs and skills
Cons
Had to leave after 12 months, due to reassignment back to the USA.
Great summer job
Loved working here! The hours weren't too demanding, my co-workers were kind and friendly. It's extremely fulfilling to teach children and there is such a positive environment.
A big, warm family environment to work in
A typical day was helping teachers and administrators with financial matters.

I learned how to run a not-for-profit organization.

Management worked well together with the Board of Directors.

Co-workers were kind and friendly, no aggressive behavior.

The hardest part of the job was to find appropriate housing for expatriate staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to help the organization to raise funds and surpluses through institutional advancement and controlling expenses.
Hong Kong International School is one of the top tier international schools in the world.
Hong Kong International School has outstanding teachers, an excellent curriculum, and state of the art facilities, including a one to one program from grade 3 through 12. The professional learning community is exceptional, with many of its teachers provided extensive professional development annually. It a school with high demands, but high rewards.
HKIS has great communities.
I am worked HKIS for 16 years. I am leading and establish the Mandarin immersion program for 9 years.
Una de las mejores escuelas del mundo en su tipo
Trabajar en HKIS fue una experiencia única en un ciudad muy moderna y dinámica