Hong Kong International School
Hong Kong International School Employee Review

Great student volunteer experience

November 12, 2017
Of course, I am a little biased because I did attend this school since I was in kindergarten all the way through 12th grade. This is a great atmosphere to meet knew individuals from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds, I have learned so much from the individuals around me and the working environment was great to learn about working with mentors who are older than you. You learn a lot about patience since you are working with younger students.
July 17, 2019
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) - Southern District, Hong Kong Island
The best part of HKIS, whether as a parent, volunteer or employee is the community spirit of the school. New families, students, teachers and parents are warmly welcomed each year and find life-long friends and colleagues in the process.
April 8, 2019
Same location
Teaching Assistant, Kindergarten (Former Employee) - Hong Kong
HKIS is a wonderful school with wonderful teachers. World-class facilities and staff in a world-class location. However, as the school becomes more of a business, choices are being made that I personally feel affect the quality of life there. I hope the focus remains upon education and not profit.
June 19, 2018
Same location
French and Spanish teacher (Former Employee) - Hong Kong, HK
Very competitive and stressful at times. Very demanding parents. Beautiful geographical environment to work at. Fun colleagues. Transportation and housing offered as benefits.
Pros
Housing, transportation
Cons
Housing included in salary: no salary scale based on years of experience.
  1. Great student volunteer experience