Hong Kong International School

Hong Kong International School Employee Reviews

The best part of HKIS, whether as a parent, volunteer or employee is the community spirit of the school. New families, students, teachers and parents are warmly welcomed each year and find life-long friends and colleagues in the process.
At Stratsol Software Systems , our most valuable resource is the knowledge and expertise of our employees. We are concerned with their welfare and happiness and encourage both personal and professional growth. To that end, we are pleased to offer a generous and comprehensive compensation and benefit package as an attractive incentive for employees.
HKIS is a wonderful school with wonderful teachers. World-class facilities and staff in a world-class location.
However, as the school becomes more of a business, choices are being made that I personally feel affect the quality of life there. I hope the focus remains upon education and not profit.
Very competitive and stressful at times. Very demanding parents. Beautiful geographical environment to work at. Fun colleagues. Transportation and housing offered as benefits.
Pros
Housing, transportation
Cons
Housing included in salary: no salary scale based on years of experience.
I have enjoyed my working experience in HKIS both with the students and the staff and Faculty. I have grown professionally and have improved my skills by attending regular school nurses conferences and seminars. Parents are respectful and I have never felt any discrimination being a Filipina and Asian.
I have been working at Tech Mahindra full-time.Working culture is good.Since i have started working in Tech Mahindra I have grown in confident both technically and personally. My management have shown a great confidence in my skills since I have started here which have encouraged me to enhance my existing skills & develop new one.
This was for a high school newspaper, so I'm not sure why anyone on Indeed would need a review of this. But I had a lot of great experiences writing for my school newspaper.
This was a great chance to get a sneak peak into the fashion world, you learn a lot about working with brands and training individuals below you. Through this I learned a lot about design programs as well as promoting events.
Of course, I am a little biased because I did attend this school since I was in kindergarten all the way through 12th grade. This is a great atmosphere to meet knew individuals from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds, I have learned so much from the individuals around me and the working environment was great to learn about working with mentors who are older than you. You learn a lot about patience since you are working with younger students.
I cover for teachers who are sick or on PD. It is great to interact with students of all ages and work in different schools. Hardest part is unpredictability.
School Nurse for Middle school, shared position with another nurse.
Had various experiences with Middle school children who would come to the clinic for evaluation.
Pros
Ever changing needs and skills
Cons
Had to leave after 12 months, due to reassignment back to the USA.
Loved working here! The hours weren't too demanding, my co-workers were kind and friendly. It's extremely fulfilling to teach children and there is such a positive environment.
A typical day was helping teachers and administrators with financial matters.

I learned how to run a not-for-profit organization.

Management worked well together with the Board of Directors.

Co-workers were kind and friendly, no aggressive behavior.

The hardest part of the job was to find appropriate housing for expatriate staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to help the organization to raise funds and surpluses through institutional advancement and controlling expenses.
Hong Kong International School has outstanding teachers, an excellent curriculum, and state of the art facilities, including a one to one program from grade 3 through 12. The professional learning community is exceptional, with many of its teachers provided extensive professional development annually. It a school with high demands, but high rewards.
I am worked HKIS for 16 years. I am leading and establish the Mandarin immersion program for 9 years.
Trabajar en HKIS fue una experiencia única en un ciudad muy moderna y dinámica