HONG KONG MONETARY AUTHORITY

HONG KONG MONETARY AUTHORITY Employee Reviews

Hong Kong5 reviews
It differs for different teams - but my team is constantly under pressure due to regulatory changes and new initiatives. It is a fast-paced environment which encourages you to learn as much as possible and to keep yourself updated to compliance-related news.
I provided tour guide services for students and general public at exhibition centre and performed administrative work and front desk duties when there was no tour on that day. I absolutely built up my confidence in holding a public speech as well as presentation skills. I was really nervous to provide tour guide services at the very beginning. However, practice makes perfect and I could overcome the fear and being professional after guided a few groups of visitors.
Very stressful working environment as the cultural push you to achieve high standard all the time. Zero error tolerance. Manager are always tough. Have to deal with difficult customers and the working nature could be highly political.
- Led a sub-team to perform back office and settlement operations, for example, confirmation matching, trade settlement, fails management, corporate actions, etc. for various financial products including Foreign Exchange, Money Market and Futures, etc.
- Implemented operational setup and formulated procedures for new products and investment initiatives.

- Ensured controls are in place, policies and procedures are followed when delivering settlement supports.

- Assisted in managing various system enhancements and project implementation to meet business demands.
- Typical 9am-6pm
- Friendly co-workers

- Basically central bank of Hong Kong, so the usual bureaucracy

- Extremely nice view of the Victoria Harbour
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HONG KONG MONETARY AUTHORITY. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5