International Christian School

International Christian School Employee Reviews

Hong Kong7 reviews
This is my 2nd year working here and I can honestly say "I love my job!". The staff and students at this school are incredible! There is so much talent here! Although other schools in Hong Kong pay more, I'd still choose this school!
Pros
Amazing staff, leadership and student body!
Cons
could have higher pay benefits.
Upper management made some poor decisions in regards to my area which led me to make the decision to move on.

Staff and teachers are well treated but pay is much lower than many other international schools in Hong Kong.
I had a lot of fun playing with the kids that came for the summer program. This job helped me understand children more. The job started early and ended early which was great.
Good school to work at. Great culture and faculty. Progressive IT department to keep the teachers and students up to date on cutting edge technology and audio visual classrooms.
Experience the diversity that is Hong Kong a truly international city.
I enjoyed the continual professional learning opportunities. We had professional development benefits and I used to attend the international conferences where I met up with like-minded professionals. We also had opportunities to visit each other's classrooms to observe and learn from our peers.

Parents actively support their child's learning and staff members are ever ready to help out. Our class moms/dads were amazing; organising events, chaperoning at field trips and volunteering with class work. They were supportive, understanding and encouraging.

From what I heard, I believe there is a change in management so I will not touch on this. Understandably there are no perfect systems, but as long as one is willing to open to new culture, learning and opportunities, then the joy is endless.
This is a great community to work in. The teachers and administration are very supportive of each other. The music department is an important part of students education.
Working with children might often be quite challenging, but it also provided a great opportunity to further develop certain skill sets that I would not get to develop in other jobs I have previously had, such as communication skills and leadership skills.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at International Christian School?