JPMorgan Chase
Updates from JPMorgan Chase:
Updated: March 26 2020

JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Useful
Very interactive, got to understand a lot of inner workings of the industry. Overall a very rewarding experience. Got to network with a lot of people too.
Jpm
As someone who has been working in banking since 1996, JP Morgan is fast-paced and busy. It has provided me with good connections and inter-skilled people.
The place with sheer workload and red tape
The work nature is quite stressful as the management there loves to micro management their staff and the workload is immense because of those pointless meeting.
good system
poor people management, lack of support, system is well but can't help anything
Working in JPMorgan Chase as a Compliance Officer
Overall JPMorgan is a good employer. Working environment is nice with new and clean facilities and advanced technological support. Staff are generally friendly. However, can feel a bit loss regarding the organisation structure as the company is big.
Pros
Work Life Balance; Friendly atmosphere, Diversity
Cons
The org is too big to navigate; heavy workload
Happy to be out
Was initially really excited to work for this company. Once I got there, I found that the team culture was absolutely awful. Nobody trains you but blames you when something goes wrong. I was sitting in the Hong Kong office but was blamed for errors that the NY team made, it was part of a project that I was not even involved in. People like pointing fingers here, especially if you don't fit in or if you aren't one of them. Not much else to say except... watch your back here.
What I liked about the job
As a working mother, JPM offers flexible work from home options which is hard to find in Hong Kong. People I worked with are generally very friendly.
Efficient Company
Good leader and good structure. High efficient even sometime lag behind than other international bank. Overall, very valuable company in the market to work on.
Pros
Many professionals there
Cons
Prudent on some technical domains
Knowledge Organisation
There is a lot to learn and the managers are very co-operative and are good mentor for overall developments of Employees. There are tight deadlines which needs to be adhered too but one can have good work life balance and flexible working schedule.
Very good work culture
One of the best organizations to work with and have had no issues in the past 10 years working with the firm.

Very open management style and good facilities
Great Place to learn and work
- Great place to work alongside some of the best brains
- Intensely competitive and challenging place to work though obviously this would differ from function to function
Huge Bank to Work with
Typical day is busy at JP Morgan. I learnt multi tasking and learnt how to manage myself and management expectations.Management is good and open to suggestions / views. Workplace culture depends on team to team. Generally, workplace culture is very ethical and positive.Hardest part of the job is when you have to report to more than one manager direct and program manager as expectations vary.
The most enjoyable part of the job is Team Lunches and team get -together.
against code of conduct to respond
As part of our code of conduct I wont provide a review summary. I can say the following... I have been there for fourteen years and had many good roles. My reasons for leaving is about location strategy, salary and opportunity in the current climate.
Normal firm to work for
A busy department that I work on a daily basis. Nice and understanding boss will listen to your problem and help out. Colleagues is fun and helpful so as the culture.
Very nice
Competitive working atmosphere, but great people around. Anyone join J.P. Morgan can learn a lot about Business know-how even though s/he is working in Technology.
Investment bank culture
People work long hours. Co-workers are diligent and smart. Compensation is not very competitive. Some work politics but managers are fair. I like working there.
JPM has a flat working environment and good rewarding package
culture
The corporate culture is very much all about "whose is bigger than whose". Also, managers belittling subordinates in an effort establish dominace. Very alpha male. I found that 9/10 managers operate this way.
Plethora of work and open door culture
You are blessed to work in a company like JPMorgan. There is always work and if you do not know how to prioritize, you may be better off with some other company.
A lot of flexibility to keep a work-life balance- though it will depend upon business demand. It is worth checking with recruiter.

Employees are strictly professional, so dont be misguided by a friendly gesture.
Pros
Good bonus
Cons
A place to learn how to work in a global organization
A place to learn how to work in a global organization.
You learn to follow procedures and guidelines.

You learn to cooperate with a large team.

You learn to put integrity as high priority.
Parental management
The development team was aggressive but the supporting was harsh and boring. I have to support the Pacific Region including Japan, Taiwan and India. Overnight calls would arrive as the day end system ran overnight. I was under the Oracle team and did the interface with the database of Ingres using C. It's quite challenging.
Pros
High salary and good fringe benefit and pfund.
Cons
Long working hour, overnight standby
Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPMorgan Chase. Our community is ready to answer.
8.3K