JPMorgan Chase
Coronavirus update
Information from JPMorgan Chase:

JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Hong Kong36 reviews
Very little work-life balance and job advancement/compensation really depended on your team/function. Colleagues were typically nice, but could depend on the situation.
Very busy every day hahahahhahha
Pros

Very friendly people, can even talk with senior level employees of the company.

Cons

Can be a little bureaucratic.
Working for JP morgan means long hours each day. Although the long working hours pose strong challenge to boost your career goals. You have to continue to learn while sustaining long working hours.
Pros
Getting exiciting learning experience
Cons
not good work life balance.
Very interactive, got to understand a lot of inner workings of the industry. Overall a very rewarding experience. Got to network with a lot of people too.
As someone who has been working in banking since 1996, JP Morgan is fast-paced and busy. It has provided me with good connections and inter-skilled people.
The work nature is quite stressful as the management there loves to micro management their staff and the workload is immense because of those pointless meeting.
poor people management, lack of support, system is well but can't help anything
Overall JPMorgan is a good employer. Working environment is nice with new and clean facilities and advanced technological support. Staff are generally friendly. However, can feel a bit loss regarding the organisation structure as the company is big.
Pros
Work Life Balance; Friendly atmosphere, Diversity
Cons
The org is too big to navigate; heavy workload
Was initially really excited to work for this company. Once I got there, I found that the team culture was absolutely awful. Nobody trains you but blames you when something goes wrong. I was sitting in the Hong Kong office but was blamed for errors that the NY team made, it was part of a project that I was not even involved in. People like pointing fingers here, especially if you don't fit in or if you aren't one of them. Not much else to say except... watch your back here.
As a working mother, JPM offers flexible work from home options which is hard to find in Hong Kong. People I worked with are generally very friendly.
Good leader and good structure. High efficient even sometime lag behind than other international bank. Overall, very valuable company in the market to work on.
Pros
Many professionals there
Cons
Prudent on some technical domains
There is a lot to learn and the managers are very co-operative and are good mentor for overall developments of Employees. There are tight deadlines which needs to be adhered too but one can have good work life balance and flexible working schedule.
One of the best organizations to work with and have had no issues in the past 10 years working with the firm.

Very open management style and good facilities
- Great place to work alongside some of the best brains
- Intensely competitive and challenging place to work though obviously this would differ from function to function
Typical day is busy at JP Morgan. I learnt multi tasking and learnt how to manage myself and management expectations.Management is good and open to suggestions / views. Workplace culture depends on team to team. Generally, workplace culture is very ethical and positive.Hardest part of the job is when you have to report to more than one manager direct and program manager as expectations vary.
The most enjoyable part of the job is Team Lunches and team get -together.
As part of our code of conduct I wont provide a review summary. I can say the following... I have been there for fourteen years and had many good roles. My reasons for leaving is about location strategy, salary and opportunity in the current climate.
A busy department that I work on a daily basis. Nice and understanding boss will listen to your problem and help out. Colleagues is fun and helpful so as the culture.
Competitive working atmosphere, but great people around. Anyone join J.P. Morgan can learn a lot about Business know-how even though s/he is working in Technology.
People work long hours. Co-workers are diligent and smart. Compensation is not very competitive. Some work politics but managers are fair. I like working there.
JPM has a flat working environment and good rewarding package
The corporate culture is very much all about "whose is bigger than whose". Also, managers belittling subordinates in an effort establish dominace. Very alpha male. I found that 9/10 managers operate this way.