JPMorgan Chase

Hong Kong38 reviews

Clear

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,450 reviews

Overseas position. Not impressed

Was in HK investment bank long time ago. The culture was typical investment banking, no work-life balance. I don't think people try to help each other either.

Happy to be out

Was initially really excited to work for this company. Once I got there, I found that the team culture was absolutely awful. Nobody trains you but blames you when something goes wrong. I was sitting in the Hong Kong office but was blamed for errors that the NY team made, it was part of a project that I was not even involved in. People like pointing fingers here, especially if you don't fit in or if you aren't one of them. Not much else to say except... watch your back here.

Great Place to learn and work

- Great place to work alongside some of the best brains - Intensely competitive and challenging place to work though obviously this would differ from function to function

Huge Bank to Work with

Typical day is busy at JP Morgan. I learnt multi tasking and learnt how to manage myself and management expectations.Management is good and open to suggestions / views. Workplace culture depends on team to team. Generally, workplace culture is very ethical and positive.Hardest part of the job is when you have to report to more than one manager direct and program manager as expectations vary. The most enjoyable part of the job is Team Lunches and team get -together.

Normal firm to work for

A busy department that I work on a daily basis. Nice and understanding boss will listen to your problem and help out. Colleagues is fun and helpful so as the culture.

Very nice

Competitive working atmosphere, but great people around. Anyone join J.P. Morgan can learn a lot about Business know-how even though s/he is working in Technology.

Investment bank culture

People work long hours. Co-workers are diligent and smart. Compensation is not very competitive. Some work politics but managers are fair. I like working there.

culture

The corporate culture is very much all about "whose is bigger than whose". Also, managers belittling subordinates in an effort establish dominace. Very alpha male. I found that 9/10 managers operate this way.

Leading Global bank

I worked in various businesses with the firm., and got a chance to learn and understand several Products. Also, traveled extensively and worked in many different cultures.

Great company

Excellent risk culture Great company and many job opportunities available Friendly and supportive colleagues Diversified business environment

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JPMorgan Chase?

na

Good culture, hard to have work life balance. Learnt about financial industry.

Pros

Many holidays

Cons

Long working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPMorgan Chase. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• JPMorgan Chase