JPMorgan Chase

Hong Kong38 reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & Benefits

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,450 reviews

Professional and busy, lots of smart people

Always busy and lots of ideas. Collaborative. Long hours. New building in kowloon bay very nice but annoying the shuttle buses are now very infrequent

Pros

Lots of smart colleagues

Cons

Bureaucracy

Bureaucratic place with demanding management

Very little work-life balance and job advancement/compensation really depended on your team/function. Colleagues were typically nice, but could depend on the situation.

Always taking challenges

Working for JP morgan means long hours each day. Although the long working hours pose strong challenge to boost your career goals. You have to continue to learn while sustaining long working hours.

Pros

Getting exiciting learning experience

Cons

not good work life balance.

against code of conduct to respond

As part of our code of conduct I wont provide a review summary. I can say the following... I have been there for fourteen years and had many good roles. My reasons for leaving is about location strategy, salary and opportunity in the current climate.

Investment bank culture

People work long hours. Co-workers are diligent and smart. Compensation is not very competitive. Some work politics but managers are fair. I like working there.

Plethora of work and open door culture

You are blessed to work in a company like JPMorgan. There is always work and if you do not know how to prioritize, you may be better off with some other company. A lot of flexibility to keep a work-life balance- though it will depend upon business demand. It is worth checking with recruiter. Employees are strictly professional, so dont be misguided by a friendly gesture.

Pros

Good bonus

Parental management

The development team was aggressive but the supporting was harsh and boring. I have to support the Pacific Region including Japan, Taiwan and India. Overnight calls would arrive as the day end system ran overnight. I was under the Oracle team and did the interface with the database of Ingres using C. It's quite challenging.

Pros

High salary and good fringe benefit and pfund.

Cons

Long working hour, overnight standby

na

Good culture, hard to have work life balance. Learnt about financial industry.

Pros

Many holidays

Cons

Long working hours

Na

Highly professional environment. Job security is a problem.Compensation is good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPMorgan Chase. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• JPMorgan Chase