JetBlue

JetBlue Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,285 reviews

Fun but crazy at times

I enjoyed working for JetBlue for most of my time there, but towards the end the Management shifted to something that made the job more a chore then a fun experience.

Airport Operation

Great company to work with to get your feet in the door in aviation, I was a part of the airport operations crew, which I worked the customer service desk, at the gate and ticket counter. overall good experience

N/a

They fire you if they don't like you. Even if you know the required material. The management team gossips with crewmembers about other crewmembers. They have cliques and if you are not apart of it, no one will have your back. They are backwards with their discipline policy saying their policy is one way but operating differently. They will take there time to do something so ultimately you have no time to meet the deadline.

Wonderful place to work

Excellent company love working there. Room to grow, they encourage you to learn, provide opportunities to excel. It's. Great place to work, just wish the salary was better

Pros

401, flight benefits

Cons

Basic salary

Great place to work, never a dull moment every shift brought something new and exciting. You always have big responsibilities and very tight schedule to keep.

Not worth it!!!

STRESSFUL!!! Calls are on auto-answer, so you get no breath in between (if you take it off auto you will be out of compliance)...you will work 8-10 hours per shift even you are "part-time"...there is almost always mandatory overtime for ALL employees and you are required to complete it even if it is your scheduled day off, including if you used PTO (if you are out of town, you must provide proof). The best perk is that you can fly for free, but good luck finding time to use it and it is stand-by so make sure you leave time to get home for your shift or you lose flight privileges. It is work from home which is nice, but if you have technical issues, you will not be paid for that time even though it is out of your control (coming from someone that started during hurricane season living in FL...). I cannot really comment on my manager since at this point, I don't even know who my manager is. Unless you are desperate for a job, don't do it!!

It’s a trap

They lure you in with those fancy flight benefits but it just isn’t worth everything they put you through. I’ve worked for some awful call centers before but I really think jetblues call center really takes the cake. They force you to work mandatory overtime almost every day. If you don’t work it, you get flagged. Yes you have to come in even on your days off to work anywhere between 30 minutes to 2 hours of overtime. And yes that even applies to if you’re using PTO. After training we were asked if asking questions will penalize us and management told us no. Guess what, you do get penalized. Calls are always back to back and right now they’re hiring for only 10 hour shifts regardless of if you’re full or part time. Breaks are almost non existent and if your manager pulls you off the phones for literally anything, it takes away from already what little break you get. As soon as I can find another job, I’m getting as far away from JetBlue as possible.

Pros

Flight benefits

Cons

Short breaks, back to back calls, mandatory overtime, never a real day off

Overall Great Place to Work

I didn't work too long with JetBlue but it was a great experience overall. I was just not fond of dealing with angry customers but not everyone is like me. If you are good with dealing with conflict and pressure, it would be a good position for you.Benefits are obviously amazing, pay is low to be honest but the JetBlue culture is what I loved most! They provide everything you need and are very supportive. One con though I do remember was their disciplinary action system thing they do. If you talk with customers too long, among many other things, etc. you would be at a percentile and if it's lower then need be then you get flags. Well the whole thing was confusing and overwhelming and I always got flagged. Again, to me there were more negatives BUT remember we are different people. It's a great company to work for and I enjoyed most of my time there, definitely miss my trainers!! =)

Lots of Work

Signed up for a part-time job and was quickly working 45-60 hour weeks. You are required to pick up overtime every week even if you are out of town. They will sometimes reward you if you are working a ton of overtime. Too much work with too many rude customers.

Fun and interesting work but underpaid

The pay is below industry standard. corporate/Upper management is disorganized, reactive and disingenuous. But the co workers you will fly with by and large are great. the customers are usually great and very interesting. the work usually isnt stressful and you will never take it home with you.

Pros

flight benefits, lots of days off in a row.

Cons

long days sometimes, cant always get specific days off, delays and bad weather

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JetBlue?

Low morale

High turnover low pay. Went to JBU and vibes were super positive. Once in Boston Logan, completely different vibe. Impatient gossipy coworkers, dirty disgusting break room, terrible work hours

Harassment and unfairness

When they don't like you anymore they will fire you for no reason, in order to advance there you either need to be a family member or become the best friend of the manager.

Pros

No pros

Cons

They micromanage you, don't give you time off.

Productive, multi cultural

I met some real interesting, funny people while I worked there. They were, looking out for each other. willing to give out pointers to newcomers getting the swing of things.

Pointless at Chicago

Pay is horrible, shift are horrible. The company just needs to do better at treating their employees better we are dealing with their customers. The smaller stations do way too much work for low pay just not worth it.

Good company to work for overall but..

The pay is absolute TRASH.Seasoned professionals should not be making a measly low $ an hr rate for the amount of work expected. It’s very disrespectful to offer such a lowball wage to an experienced professional. Take the job and keep looking.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Rate of pay is not based on experience

Good main job

There is some mandatory overtime but you have until two in the morning the next day to complete. If you have another job it will be tough. Also if you are in college in is rough but it is doable.

Good for starter airline

If you want to become a flight attendant then JetBlue is ok for getting started and experience. Although I would suggest another airline that pays more.

Pros

Somewhat flexible, free flights

Cons

You could be working 16 hour days

Run as fast as you can

JetBlue is a company that unfortunately, faulted where management use to thrive, they base everything bad happening to their company on inflight. Keep hiring hundreds of people, but keep firing people by the hundreds. The leadership here is not existent. It’s kill or be killed at jet blue. Corporate will find a way to do both. Sad, because it used to be such a good company to work for.

Buena

Es una buena empresa para iniciar tu vida laboral en el mundo de la aviación. Los clientes son demasiado amables, al igual que la tripulación.

It’s what you make it

It’s what you make it. You have to know how to make your schedule, I typically have 18days off per month and don’t work holidays. Don’t expect to be bffs with management.

Forced overtime and you're not allowed to put the customer on hold

Just recently started this job and I already see so many red flags, such as: you're not allowed to put the customer on hold to catch your breath, you're forced to work OT if there's a red alert and it does not even matter what you have planned that day ( doctors appointment, dentist, emergency etc).. you have to log in or it will ruin your compliance, one of the managers literally said, " some of you will like me or hate me.. I don't really care" WOW, what a way to show integrity and healthy leadership.. I was really excited to start this position, but due to the harsh reality that I am seeing I will have to seek other options..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JetBlue. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• JetBlue