Jolly Kingdom

Jolly Kingdom Employee Reviews

Hong Kong6 reviews
Rewarding Work
Teaching is rewarding and the company values effective teaching. Hence small classes that allows time to really teach. Competitive market does not allow for very generous salaries.
Excellent workplace
I worked at Jolly Kingdom for a year and I received the necessary support to ensure my lessons were delivered well. Our area manager used to come to the centre only once a week to discuss various topics, however, was just a call away and always seemed eager to help us solve any issue we brought to his attention.
Great Boss, stable environment
I enjoyed working Jolly Kingdom very much. If I ever go back to Hong Kong, I'd highly recommend them.
I liked Dr. Jeff the best, his support and professional diplomacy made me care more. I also enjoyed my Supervisors.
Fine for a while
Its an easy enough job, with very regimented class structure meaning the teachers have to do very little lesson planning.
Relatively stress free, but work can be constant and draining.

The reward for trying hard is minimal compared to the profit received by the company, so trying hard feels kinda pointless.
Fantastic school director
I adored our school director. He was very diplomatic, and tried his best to make the Chinese workers work cohesively with the native English teachers the best he could.
I respected him, which made me want to be a better employee.
Pros
paid vacations
Cons
sometimes management got overwhelmed
Productive and interesting
A typical day would be conducting jolly phonics, grammar and reading classes daily. You're able to build a good rapport with the students from various age groups.
Pros
good benefits