Jolly Kingdom

Jolly Kingdom Employee Reviews

Hong Kong7 reviews

Rewarding Work

Teaching is rewarding and the company values effective teaching. Hence small classes that allows time to really teach. Competitive market does not allow for very generous salaries.

Good

By the very definition of the word “work,” employees and employers sometimes think the term “positive workplace” is unattainable or even incomprehensible. The positive workplace does exist, however, and usually consists of employees who are fully engaged and willing to lend a hand to a coworker. A positive workplace also means both employees and their employer openly recognize the talents and contributions each team member brings to the work environment.

Excellent workplace

I worked at Jolly Kingdom for a year and I received the necessary support to ensure my lessons were delivered well. Our area manager used to come to the centre only once a week to discuss various topics, however, was just a call away and always seemed eager to help us solve any issue we brought to his attention.

Great Boss, stable environment

I enjoyed working Jolly Kingdom very much. If I ever go back to Hong Kong, I'd highly recommend them. I liked Dr. Jeff the best, his support and professional diplomacy made me care more. I also enjoyed my Supervisors.

Fine for a while

Its an easy enough job, with very regimented class structure meaning the teachers have to do very little lesson planning. Relatively stress free, but work can be constant and draining. The reward for trying hard is minimal compared to the profit received by the company, so trying hard feels kinda pointless.

Fantastic school director

I adored our school director. He was very diplomatic, and tried his best to make the Chinese workers work cohesively with the native English teachers the best he could. I respected him, which made me want to be a better employee.

Pros

paid vacations

Cons

sometimes management got overwhelmed

Productive and interesting

A typical day would be conducting jolly phonics, grammar and reading classes daily. You're able to build a good rapport with the students from various age groups.

Pros

good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jolly Kingdom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Jolly Kingdom
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?