Kelly Services

Kelly Services Job Security & Advancement reviews

Found 8,070 reviews matching the search
This was my first job as being a dba, so I am greatful to them for hiring me without any experience. Learned a lot and worked hard to proof myself. The team lead was a great personality, very demanding but helpful.
If I had it all to do over again, I would never have accepted the position with Kelly Services. While the pay was fantastic, the support and training you receive are subpar. They expect you to be 100% ready to go when you are released on your own. Also, they like to terminate people without any notice and then fight them when they try to file for unemployment, saying there was plenty of work and you just "up and quit" on them. As I said, shady!
Pros
equipment provided, decent pay
Cons
no support, shady business practices
Management here is a joke. The overhead at Kelly Services off-site is a bigger joke. You can be replaced easily, despite your punctuality and ability to perform your job well without conflict. Pregnancy puts you at an even higher risk for termination. Work environment is political and elementary. Employees are scared of bringing to light issues for fear of being terminated.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
No raises, politics, management, contract security, etc.
I felt like a robot, or a number while working there. No follow up in my experience there, and I had no contact person or manager with Kelly Services. No raises or follow up, no incentives and low pay!
Pros
Cons
No raises, no follow up or communication, no contact person or manager, no incentives
This company is for young folk with no children and nothing to lose.With that said, this company does not have the employees long term interest in mind.
Pros
Remote jobs for apple
Cons
No work/life balance
This company is extremely supportive and offers a lot of training. I feel that they are actually invested in my success. I also like the fact that there are opportunities for me to transfer to different locations.
Pros
Work from home
Don't have anything bad to say about working there. The management treated me well. It was one of the first placed I had worked and would go back there for employment.
Pros
Staffing company
Cons
Staffing company
Good for finding work. Work is found within a week.Pay is every week. Perfect for temps looking to get work. HR follows up to ensure work is going well.
Terrible, only if YOU NEED MONEY! It was like working in a labor camp. It was difficult to obtain work life balance, nearly impossible, no benefits,
I enjoy working as a substitute teacher. Public schools respect and assist Kelly staff. You can balance work and life as a parent. Job security is great as long as you know what you are doing and be responsible employee.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kelly Services?
Pay is the only con that I can think of. For Engineering Technicians it is way under par. There’s a 2 year contract that is signed with Kelly’s not allowing you to work for the company unless they buy you out. But it is an outstanding platform to get someone started. Overall I’d still give Kelly’s 4 out of 5 stars. They very helpful, prompt and well organized. They really are a good company.
Pros
Everyone is willing to help others solve their problems.
Cons
Pay.
I was sick due to COVID for three weeks. I went back one day and I had thrown up and went home. They called me the next day saying I’m not to return to work because of how long I was sick. Maybe if they WOULD accept doctors notes to PROVE I was sick I would have a job. Oh and they send a lot of people home on a regular basis because “there is a lack of work”. The representative there treated me like I wasn’t a human. I definitely do not recommend Kelly through Whirlpool. Big mistake!
No room for growth! Becoming a Team Manager used to be an accomplishment and nowadays anyone can get offered the position which says a lot about why this company has a major turnover rate.
Pros
Cons
Don’t waste your time with even applying! Ops managers, Site managers, and most Sups are only here for the pay and make poor business decisions.
It's not an easy job like you might think it is, that you just need to be fluent in the languages and you will be good to go. There will be a lot of obstacles you might need to jump over before you can get used to the job, e.g., the app that we use to conduct our services always encounters problems that make it very frustrating, esp. when you try to stretch your brain out and listen to cutting voices on a constantly disrupted line is one huge problem that stood out in my mind. And remember not all phone conversations will be relaxing, sometimes you will have to deal with a labour delivery call, when you have a mom yelling and screaming out of pain and a doctor trying to communicate hopelessly with everyone who doesn't understand english on the other side, and you on this side draining every ounce of your focus attempting to have a grasp of what is going on but you can't because the audio quality is inadequate. But the point is, if you are looking for excitement as in every day is different and that you will always learn something along the way, you will like this job. Make sure you push management for that pay raise when you reach however many hours of service they tell you at the beginning. It won't come automatically.
Pros
Knowledge.
Diverse workplace with outstanding training. Management is hands on and open door. The pay is up to par with national averages & they even offer benefits for some positions. Many jobs available & room for advancement.
If you want a job that lets you move up quickly, this would definitely be the one to do it. Sometimes management can seem a bit directionless, but most often a question that can't be answered by them can be answered by someone else.
Pros
Great for quick advancement, pays fairly, team environment is very inclusive
Cons
State specific regulations can be a bit hit or miss when trying to get information.
Working in classrooms can be really fun. It is challenging and you get the opportunity to help kids grow. The biggest issue with Kelly is the salary. They basically pay you minimum wage, and there are no benefits.
When I worked for Kelly, there were not work from home positions so I could not comment on those particular questions. It is a huge corporation so it’s typical like other contracting companies. I had no problems with them.
Pros
Located everywhere
Cons
Don’t seem to get higher paying positions
As a professional actor, I often have large gaps in my employment that need to be filled by temporary work. Kelly has been a solid company to provide that work over the years--usually clerical in nature. The work is steady, but often one has to take a lower hourly rate ($10-11/hr) in order to stay continuously working. That said, I am grateful to Kelly for being there to help me fill in the gaps!
Pros
Flexibility, various assignments/opportunities
Cons
Often have to take lower hourly wage ($10-11/hr) to stay consistently employed
I enjoyed working here until the pandemic where we were back to back calls for a year which was crazy I wanted to do part time the wouldn’t let me so I quit
Pros
Pay
Cons
Overorked
Low pay sub teaching in various schools, flexible schedules. Your working with kids and sub are not treated fairly by the kids, the school or the staff
Pros
Easy
Cons
No advancement
  1. Job Security & Advancement