Learnship Networks GmbH

Learnship Networks GmbH Employee Reviews

Flexible and Remote

The pay is higher than most companies for this field. Very flexible, good communication with mgmt. You can coordinate schedules with students. Good material available. Late cancelation pay could be better.

Flexibility and a good team

A nice place to work. The team is great. I enjoy every our call. Also there is a lot of independence.The best part for me is home office with an option to work from the office whenever you want. The company definitely deserves more stars across the platforms.

Tolles Team

- Tolle sympatische Kolleg*innen- Homeoffice mit Büro-Möglichkeiten- Viel Unabhängigkeit

N/a

Global teams contain a wealth of knowledge and experience drawn from all corners of the globe. But to unlock this potential you need to get everyone communicating.Language is just one piece of the puzzle. Your people also need to understand different cultural norms, business practices and specific industry dialects if they’re to shatter cultural barriers.We cover all of these bases to power collaboration and turbocharge productivity.

Kollaborative Atmosphäre mit großer Ambition

Sehr ambitioniertes Unternehmen mit großer internationaler Präsenz und führend in der Entwicklung von zukunftsorientierten Lösungen resultiert in großer Ambition des Unternehmens für die kommenden Jahre. Bei guter Arbeit wird auch neuen Mitarbeitern schnell eine große Verantwortung zuteil mit der Möglichkeit für weitere Karrieresteps! Alle Mitarbeiter sind stets hilfsbereit und kollaborativ...

Good teaching platform but poor terms and conditions

Work as a freelance trainer at Learnship is best in my opinion if you are looking for extra work to supplement a principal job or other responsibilities. Terms and conditions are poor for a main job, at least if you are living in Europe.

Pros

Learnship teaching platform was easy-to-use, steady stream of work, administration not particularly time-consuming.

Cons

Pay was €15 for a 45-minute lesson and €17 for a one-hour lesson, extremely poor cancellation policy (no pay if the student cancels more than six hours in advance, a few euros if they cancel less than six hours in advance or don’t show), teachers not usually treated with respect by company staff in my experience, no pay rises.

This Company Has Used The Pandemic To Treat its Trainers Unfairly

Learnship used to be a good company to work for.Over the years, however, they have slowly found ways to reduce the compensation paid to their trainers.There are a lot of 'no-shows' amongst students and Learnship only pay the trainer 33% of their hourly rate when this happens! The student or the company still pay the full rate.Although Learnship is almost a wholly online company, and as a trainer working for them I only work online, they have used the global pandemic to cut our hourly rate by 25%. I could understand cutting the number of hours to trainers, if there was an impact due to the pandemic, but I can't understand cutting the hourly rate on actually classes being taught. Initially we were told that this reduction would remain in place until the Autumn, but have recently been informed that it will continue indefinitely.On a positive note, the online platform is excellent and runs smoothly, so the IT team do an excellent job.The hardest thing about working for this company is that you are made to feel just like a number and are dispensable at anytime. There is no possibility of progression, no matter how good feedback is from the students. Learnship is also top heavy with administration - lots of forms, feedbacks and test forms to be completed and all outside of working hours and unpaid. They seem to care more about ticking these admin boxes than the actual progress in real terms of the students.

Pros

The Online Platform

Cons

Rate of pay

Environnement de travail agréable

Respect pour le développement personnel.Salaire payé dans les dates indiquées.

Pros

Certaine souplesse dans les horaires

Exciting Job that Gives Flexibility and Work/Life Balance

Learnship GlobalEnglish is a very interesting and flexible job. I enjoy being able to balance my work with my life. Management communicates. I feel the compensation could be better for what we do but in the adult TESL industry it's on the higher end compared to other companies. It's nice to work with adults and I have had students from so many countries that it keeps the job interesting. Overall, I'm pleased.

Pros

Flexible work schedule, you can work from anywhere in the world

Cons

Not many opportunities for advancement or pay raise

Low pay and many students routinely cancel.

They are very accommodating, but probably because they have such high turnover. They are constantly offering courses to be taken over by another teacher because so many teacher leave. They just cut out pay by 25%.

No job security

- Good working environment - Monotonous task in my case - Learned communication skills, IT skills, Time management skills - Relaxed environment

Conditions are getting worse

After starting as a freelancer in 2016 at first they offered an increase after the first year, which was denied. Since 2018 late cancellations and no-shows are not fully paid any more, and now they are trying to reduce the hourly rate of their professional trainers even more. I have a degree in Business and another one in Linguistics, teach managers and CEOs and they just put me on hold for new courses after refusing to work for 14€ per hour. Sad development.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Appalling treatment and conditions

Professional teams, teacher-friendly platform.

Working for Learnship is a positive experience for me, although as an experienced teacher there are few opportunities within the company to advance. Overall, In terms of flexibility and job satisfaction, it's a great company work with.

Relaxed and supportive

Flexible schedule and fantastic communication between teachers and support teams. Most clients are pleasant and easy to work with which makes it quite rewarding.

Terrible company: no hours, does not support Trainers/ Teachers

Terrible company: no hours, terrible pay, does not support trainers. The English curriculum is FULL of errors and incorrect! When I pointed this out to my supervisors, I was laughed at... and told "not to take things so seriously." Ummm, being an English teacher for more than 15 years, I would think the goal is to teach students proper grammar and literature? RUN AWAY from this company!

Official response from Learnship Networks GmbH

May 11, 2019
Dear reviewerThank you for your message. We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with Learnship and would like to address the issues you raised. With regards to your comments on material, could you please point us specifically to content in the learning materials that is "full of errors and incorrect"? We are very surprised to hear this commentary as we have the highest regard for Oxford University Press, who deliver our core Business English curriculum. Should you have any reasonable grounds for dissatisfaction, we would be quite happy to take it up with our partners there. Equally, if it is something we have authored internally, we would be happy to review it accordingly. On the topic of hours, pay and trainer support, we would like to let you know that we pay at market-level rates, have several teams dedicated to teacher support ranging from recruitment, initial and ongoing training, onboarding, course management and tech support. Teachers’ average tenure at Learnship is 2-3 years. The hours taught vary depending on availability given by each Teacher and how it matches the demand of our clients. We would be very happy to look into your case specifically and address it in detail, therefore please feel free to contact us at freelance.trainer.administration@learnship.com so that we can do so.Best regardsKathrin Weiler, on behalf of the Learnship HR & Pedagogy Team

Changed directions and values

The company used to treat trainers with dignity and respect, but now steals money from them by keeping 66% of the rate when classes are cancelled late - something they only started doing in May 2018. Previously, we were paid in full. There are absolutely no opportunities for advancement, and since the company changed direction, they no longer offer pay raises and have capped pay rates. To put it in perspective - students can sometimes pay upwards of 1000eur for 10 1-hour lessons - and trainers will see maybe 180eur of that, if they're lucky. The rest goes to the company. Find another one to work for.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Horrible pay, no promotion prospects, lack of organization within the company

Exciting, rewarding, and worthwhile effort

I enjoyed meeting business people from all over the world and learning about their professions and their cultures. The clients seemed very satisfied with my professionalism and friendly demeanor. Met lifelong friends.

Finger weg,katastrophales Unternehmen

Suchen nur Leute,die sie mit dem Mindestlohn bezahlen können.....

Keine Perspektive und keine Entwicklung

Weder das freiberufliche Personal, noch die Kunden sind wichtig. Die Bezahlung ist nicht leistungsgerecht und, eine sehr gute Ausbildung wird nicht wertgeschätzt.

Selbst ist der Mann

Obwohl es eine (bezahlte!) Online Einführung gab, gab es oft technische Probleme die zu erheblichen Verzögerungen führten. Wenn technisch alles klappte, war alles sehr gut organisiert. Kunden erscheinen oft nicht zum Unterricht was bei Firmenkursen im Allgemeinen oft der Fall ist, nicht nur bei Learnship. Bequem war die Firmenrechnungsstellung - überprüfen, wenn richtig genehmigen, bezahlt werden! Leider wurden Auszahlungen oft sehr lange verzögert.

Pros

Rechnungsstellung, bezahltes Training

Cons

erhebliche technische Probleme beim Training und später im elektronischen Klassenzimmer

Learnship a learning curve

I learned Professional Platform for QA and was an awesome place to learn more about my job responsibilities. Implement QA Automation Platform in learnship

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Learnship Networks GmbH. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Learnship Networks GmbH with

• Learnship Networks GmbH
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?