Legacy Education Alliance

Legacy Education Alliance Employee Reviews

Its what you make of it

Great chance to rack up skymiles and hotel points. Stay sober and out of the gossip and you will do fine. Upper management plays favorites, uk arm is out of touch

Toxic

Textbook example of a toxic work environment that makes The Walking Dead look like a tea party. There's always one thing that you tell yourself is worth suffering for, but the thing is never worth it. and the pay won't cover your therapy. Run.

The work/life balance was great

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Legacy Education Alliance is beyond anywhere else I've worked. If you needed to take a couple hours to go do something personal you could as long as you got your work done.Pay & benefitsThe pay was decent and the benefits were mediocreJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Legacy Education Alliance, I was always worried that the place was going to shut down. Several rounds of layoffs.ManagementIn general, managers at Legacy Education Alliance were either clueless or not present to offer support.

Power struggle in the executive level has kept employees in the dark

When I joined, it seemed okay. My manager is approachable, so are my colleagues. I took their offer since I was promised that it will transition into a more high-impacting role. But they never did good on that promise. I was stuck to doing menial job for more than a year!Do not work here if you are excited to grow in your career. :)

Most Unethical Company Experienced

Having a 25-year career in Corporate America, I have never written a review for a company I have previously worked at, but this is the most unethical company I’ve had the misfortune to be associated with and it gives me no real pleasure to write this review... The unethical leadership doesn’t care about their employees, independent contractors, vendors, or at this point, their own 26-year reputation and the students they are in business to serve. The leadership only cares about lining their own pockets (even evidenced via the money-grab for the Coronavirus PPP). During my time I’ve seen continual financial struggles, mistreatment, breaking of contracts, and not paying what’s owed to their employees, the independent contractors, and vendors. Employees are typically overworked taking on roles from laid off employees with no equitable compensation made. The only motivation is to not lose your own job. Due to the head of HR not being qualified, employees are often short-changed in pay; treated as the enemy, and left to fight for what is legally earned (unemployment benefits included). The overinflated revenues received from students seem to disappear immediately resulting in less and less fulfillment of what’s promised. As I write this, students promised a reimbursement were just informed that Legacy changed their minds and will no longer be giving those reimbursements. Whether you’re a potential employee, student, independent contractor, or outside vendor, I would RUN from this company.

Very busy place to work

No set routine on the phone calls, you answered a wide array of questions from students. No typical call. Made work exciting and challenging. Had support from different departments.

Workmates were approachable

There were really a small problem in salary. We were not satisfied with the benefits. Team Leader were not treating the employees fairly. We took up calls on the spot without proper training for employees

Great place to work with great management. Awesome benefits and awesome incentives. Room to grow within the company. Family oriented. Located in Downtown Cape Coral.

simple stress free job....

Relaxed environment. No hard sales calls. Great work location and competitive package. Start up company in Philippines and so far doing well. Looking forward with this company.

Easy job horrible management

Management will act nice in the beginning like they actually care about their employees but they will definitely talk about you behind your back,then fire you if they don’t like you. You can exceed their expectations but if they aren’t feeling you anymore you can say goodbye to that job. They just need serious non childish managers and it’ll be a great job. If hired don’t Fall for the fake act they’ll give you.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Legacy Education Alliance?

14 years in and still going strong.

I have had the opportunity to have several jobs at LEA and have been there through many iterations of the company. I have generally enjoyed my time with the company and if I had to describe the company in one word I would say "Resilient". LEA has faced a lot of challenges over the years and has kept pushing forward, most recently Hurricane Irma and an electrical fire originating from outside the building. The culture is fairly laid back and the office itself is usually pretty low key.

Pros

Compensation, environment.

Cons

Benefits are alright, but not tremendous by any means.

Opportunity to grow and make an impact

I've been with Legacy for 6 years and have had the opportunity to hold many positions. Each position I held my direct supervisor/s treated me respect and offered me a path to grow within the company. For those who are driven, the growth potential at Legacy is limitless. Most enjoyable part of the job for me is knowing that I'm making a positive impact on others. Management has high standards and holds staff accountable which I appreciate in leadership.

Pros

family atmosphere, access to education, benefits, freedom

Cons

travel can be challenging for some

Extraordinary Company

Not only is this an amazing company to work for, but the managers in certain department are exemplary. They genuinely care about ones well-being and geared to employee happiness and their advancement to stimulate their motivation. In addition, employees are able to gain an endless plethora of knowledge in services we offer, which is a huge plus. Workplace culture is relaxed and people are overall friendly.

Pros

Fair management. Work-life balance. Availability to attend classes.

Cons

Pay

Exciting Place To Work

You are surrounded by amazing people doing amazing things. No two days were the same and I got to meet some of the most incredible people I think I ever will meet! I got to travel to different countries, learn brand new skills. You need to be able to think for yourself and deal with pressure. If you thrive in a crazy environment with unconventional people you will love it.

Pros

get to travel, no two days are the same

Cons

can be very intense

Great company for career improvement

As someone who is part of their pioneering here in Cebu, working here really gives you a lot of opportunity to enhance your skills from development to all around designing without even feeling any pressure as the assigned task does not really have specific deadline which is also an advantage for you to show off on how fast can you deliver the output accurately and ahead of time, also more time for you to learn new things. But of course not just a "good job" for a feedback they also provide you good bonuses for such compliance.

Pros

Salary Bonus

Cons

Collaborates with individual team members to establish a development path

Awesome Team <3, flexible schedule and cool work environment. Wish to be a lucky employee to visit the headquarter someday, also thankful for our superior for the guidance and quick response regarding our needs and most especially for the books that we received, I love it ;)

Pros

Work Environment, Flexible Schedule

A different company.

Admittedly I have not worked for a ton of companies, however, I am certain that this is a different environment than you might be familiar with. The company promotes financial independence and ways to quit your day job. You might think that would cause a conflict of interest and generally speaking it is handled gracefully. There are a few negative managers, but I have noticed they work their way out in time. I loved working there, if you are positive and looking for growth I would recommend it.

Cons

Waiting for negative managers to move or to be moved

It has been great so far!

I love the mindset of this company, it really allows you to grow as a young professional and investor. No company is perfect, but this company is perfect for me.

Pros

Mindset, Opportunity

Cons

Wish base pay was higher.

Horrible company to work for

Company’s turn over rate is horrible. They “promote you” but then tell you that you have to be in that position for a year in order to receive your raise. They don’t care about employees at all. They hastle you to make a certain call goal a day. The director of student services always has an attitude and acts petty towards employees. They promise you so much when you get hired but never actually fulfill those promises.

Worst Place I've Ever Worked

My typical day was trying to get answers from my immediate supervisor and sitting unproductive until he decided to train me. In the little time I was there, it seemed like there was little to no direction in the Marketing department.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Not a great environment for an intern.

Not appreciated

Almost 15 years without a pay increase ... COME ON! Company quick to make changes, decisions with employees/contractors without rhyme or reason and no recourse. Good Company ... POOR MANAGEMENT!

Pros

Great Learning Curriculum

Cons

Poor Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legacy Education Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Legacy Education Alliance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?