Lingnan University 嶺南大學

Lingnan University 嶺南大學 Employee Reviews

Hong Kong6 reviews
I love to work here!
The environment here is good for studying and also working at. The management here is organised and also the working hours is not too harsh for me!
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
a bit far
No shoulder. When the company earn money, it wont share u the profit. When there is a difficult time, employees will be layoffed in advance. low pay, no future, no life, full of politics, hostile working environment, high workload, hard management, unfair pay.
Pros
Students are nice
Cons
everything u can imagine
I was invited to be a part-time lecturer at Lingnan University. That was my first paid job at a university. The load was light - only one third of a course per semester in the academic year of 2011/2012. I liked being a lecturer but I'd choose a course that is in my area of interest next time. I had a few bad reviews from the students while the rest was decent.
There were many people working in the same place at the same time which helped to construct a better working atmosphere.
I developed curricula and taught a wide range of history courses at Lingnan, and invariably had student evaluations above both the department and university average. Over the last few years I focused on running a large number of tutorials with 20+ students each.
Pros
Long summer breaks
Cons
Too large classes
I had also work as a Project Assistant in Lingnan University, in which I need to keep close contact with suppliers and publishers, taking full responsibilities to assist my Director. The experience provided lots of learning opportunities where I am now more positive to my work ability and judgment. With my excellent language skill, maturity and creative personality, I believe that I am a strong candidate for a position as a reporter for your company.