Macquarie Group Limited

Macquarie Group Limited Employee Reviews

Hong Kong8 reviews
People are generally friendly and nice. structured and with corporate ladder. however generally long hours and not really rewarding to those who can really perform.
Pros
good culture
Cons
Open-minded, cooperative culture makes people easy to adapt to the company. If I am not relocated to Canada, I will stay in this company for longer time.
Pros
Good networking
Cons
Not high salary
Work life balance is good when there is no project.
People are very smart and hardworking.

Compensation is standard.

Promotion is fast prior to the acquisition.
Typical MNC work environment. Confident, smart colleagues. Flat management structure that is quite flexible. Good exposure to many different departments within the bank such as collateral, corporate actions, risk management, and securities teams.
I learned a ton here and was given the opportunity to try and learn new things. Firm is filled with very proactive people willing to go the extra distance.
Pros
fun and smart ppl
Cons
very Sydney-centric in decision making
The people & culture of the company are nice. Medical benefit is excellent. Working environment is good. I can enjoy work-life balance.
I came into Macquarie as it was trying to rebuild to a new glory after the financial crisis. The idea was to become a global investment bank, starting with an Asian focus. But business management didn't have the expertise for this and the result was costly failure.
Work involved designing trading systems for financial products by gaining an understanding of their business models and organizing and motivating developers to implement these systems.

I learned new products and business and the risk management of these. I also learned how to implement an agile process and the pitfalls that come up in doing so.

The hardest part was managing a team as its business declined - including redundancies. The best aspect was working with great developers and business people.
Pros
A fun Australian style culture
Cons
Volatility of the business and the anxiety that provokes
Great co-workers and fun and vibrant atmosphere.

High turnover in management positions, through middle to junior roles were longer stints.