Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group

Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Employee Reviews

Hong Kong18 reviews

productive and fun work

good working environment, nice place stong team worktake care for all staff, no benefit be deducted although now have covid-19, highly recommended just in MD Team.

Chanlleging job

- learn team spirit- relaxation culture- meet tight deadline- interpersonal skill- leadership skill- nice colleague- flexible job- communication skill

Pros

good benefit

Cons

high workload

Good culture

Good employer. Most other employers should learn from them.Work life balanced. Welcome new blood, new ideas and in fact always push for new ideas for breakthrough that many traditional Chinese management and corporations are lack of.

Comfortable work environment but Long work hours

The hotel's welfare system is relatively general, and wages are generally at a low level in Hong Kong. The working environment of the hotel is very good and the colleagues get along well. But the problem of hotel overtime is more troubling. Although long working hours are common in Hong Kong, hotel overtime, shift time is unreasonable, often can not get enough rest.

Amazing!

I would recommend to anyone to work with the group. The teams are great and the work life balance is good for the industry and the departmental togetherness is great!

Pros

Team, work life balance, professional, supportive

The best training in the world

This was the best hotel in the world at the time, so was lucky to do my training here, everything was and had to be perfect. Had 150 chefs in the various kitchens.

Pros

All good

Cons

Non

Good developments

Mandarin Hotel is very high standard Hotel. It is not only make self development in planning. good staff benefits. reasonable salary .but very good in operation supporting.

Pros

Self development

Cons

High working pressure.

quiet good

Reception, food serving and general operations of food and beverages  learn how to be patient and wear a smile when I face clients the culture is relaxing.

工作環境好

在這公司裡,我可以加深對酒店內部運作的了解,知道平常我們是如何經過網頁去預約服務或房間等,讓我更加有興趣繼續學習更多技術。

management

good and excellent management, good cost control and try hard to establish good working environment.

Pros

flexible and comfortable to take up night shift

Cons

hk island preferred

Unfriendly work environment, poor management and insufficient training

During the short period working at Mandarin Oriental, I witnessed many problems with the management at senior and upper level. There is no work/life balance working for this company. Hotel colleagues are uncooperative and rude and lack team morale.

Pros

Free meals

fun work place

was very friendly and help me learn valuable skills, good time keeping , if i had any problems they would help me. well worth it and would do it all over agin

Pros

very friendly

完善制度

根據大廚要求準備食材 和酒店衛生標準工作 保持完美出品 在壓力工作下會提高自己工作能力 另各項技能更好 長時間工作 沒有時間休息身體過勞

Superb industry leaders

Learn about and be among the most excellent in luxury hospitality and have opportunities to be set the standard in the industry.

To attain a hostess position in the hospitality industry where exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, strong leadership and customer serv

Through my experiences at several establishments, I have acquired a diverse set of hospitality oriented skills that i believe will benefit at 5 start international hotel as a potential employee. I have experience ranging from up-selling products to finalizing and scheduling floor plans and table bookings. I am very familiar with opening and closing receptionist duties such as submitting daily revenue reports. I have exceptional communication skills from responding to client inquiries in regards to services offered or customer complaints. I believe i have excellent customer service skills, the ability to multi-task, remain composed under a high stress and pressure environment, reliable, flexible, possess an enthusiastic personality, multilingual in Cantonese, Mandarin, and English. I am also very fluent with MS word and excel. I believe that i can contribute to Food and Beverage Team as i have a very strong desire for customer satisfaction and enjoy the fast pace and challenging environment .Through my years of experience in the hospitality setting, I have build up confidence in not only presenting myself in front of people, but understand the importance that I represent the company as a whole.

To responsibility for day-to-day hotel operation

To responsibility for monitoring and supervisory vender to get the job done on time. To responsibility for asset and inventory arrangement. To providing safety training for another colleague. To responsibility for problem solving of kitchen equipment and electrical system. To responsibility for monthly maintenance report. To responsibility for management electrical parts storage.

bar casual staff

Application for casual retail assistants, well experience on stock take, night fill, sales and customer service. personality as responsibility, brave to take the challenge, finished assignment rapidly and efficiency. Thank you for your time and I hope you offer me an opportunities for an interview.

Pros

break during work

Cons

lack of communication between staff and manager

room service junior casual

work form Monday to Friday, learn how to set up table, tidy up the table and prepare the food and beverage for customer, good communication with colleagues. the hardest part of job is keep efficiency of the order. the most enjoyable in work is communicate with colleagues and work as a team.

Pros

many breaks during work

Cons

lack of customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Reviews by Location