Marriott International, Inc.
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Showing all 21,258 reviews
In this company i have an awesome experince and meet different nationalities and knowing their cultures. The environment of this company is very nice and all your expectation will meet.
The managers do not share a common goal. Instead they back stab one another and make each other's job difficult. They don't support each other and they are unprofessional.
Pros
Monthly company luncheon
Cons
No off days sometimes, No manager support
I worked at Corporate office as a Senior Financial Analyst. The job is not bad but you end up doing more work than you need. They don't have proper system to help you do your work. Mostly you use Macros Excel spreadsheet instead of using actual financial systems. Something that should take you 1 minute to do or pull (reports) it takes you 5 to 10 minutes to do because you don't have proper systems.
Pros
Great for advancement, they are tons of opportunity to move up the corp ladder if you want.
Cons
Pay, Systems, Work Life Balance (There is none)
I loved the job it was easy fun and something I like to do but I need more money and the Military pay was to much for me which included getting paid on the 6th and 21st of every month
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Healthcare
I loved my job at Marriott Harbor beach resort, but because of Covid 19
my job was eliminated. I was a supervisor for the pool/beach area for 13 years. I feel Marriott Intl. could of done more to help out seasoned employees. We have stood strong with Marriott through out our careers, with Openings/Closings remodeling and everything else they threw at us.

I was proud to be a Marriott associate .
Pros
working as a team together
Cons
some management expiration's
You knpw what your applying for. Good teamwork and management happy to help. Meals are provided can be difficult to have when busy. Good to build relationships with regilar giests.
Front desk is my first job, when I was live in France and I was student get a job wasn't easy but my boss give me this job for help me. This adventure opening much opportunities in 9 years I have get much experience.
Pros
Free for the team
Cons
Healthcare, long break
Very fun and they let me do homework there.
A typical day is busy and a lot of customers

I learned how to communicate with people

Nothing was hard about the job.
Although the pay isn't as great as competitors, Marriott was a great company to work for. I joined the company once they merged with Starwood Hotels and at first it was a little hectic (integrating systems, learning new programs/hotels/policies) but it turned into a very well oiled machine in no-time. I would absolutely return to the company in the future if the right opportunity presented itself.
Marriott really is an amazing company to work for from it's diverse associates, family like culture and the amazing benefits. I have worked for the company for over 15 years and have really enjoyed the amazing people I have met along the way, the memorable and fun opportunities and the incredible hotels I have been able to experience.
Pros
Amazing hotel benefits and discounts
Cons
Average pay
My experience at Marriott was very exciting and very informative.I learned a lot while working there and my colleagues were very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Late shifts
Tienen una manera de hacerte sentir bienvenido todo el tiempo, cuentan con personal capacitado para atender cualquier emergencia médica ya sea física o emocional.
Así mismo es una de las pocas empresas que realmente siento que se preocupa por sus empleados. Nunca me dieron nada malo que decir o para quejarme.
Pros
Salas de esparcimiento
Cons
Lugar relativamente pequeño para trabajar
This is easily the best company I've ever worked for. Compensation is decent and they actually care about their people. These are things that are hard to find.
Lots of room for growth and opportunities. Everyone is able to cross-train in other departments to gain more skills and hours. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Inconsistent scheduling
Overall
Unfortunately Covid caused me to be displaced. If given the opportunity I would go back to Marriott. Great work life balance. Great pay and benefits. Great management.
I sometimes had a multitask job by myself due to a short employee but I smiled most of times. I learned a lot and this company treated me as a family.
Pros
Fair Pay and Flexible Work Hours
Cons
No Free Lunch and Short Employees
I have worked for Marriott for almost 3 years now, and I love it.
great benefits as well. the work culture is very inclusive, and they hire people from all walks of life.
I have worked in hospitality for over 35 years and I understand the concept of loyalty. I don't understand it when management continues to blatantly allow favoritism in the form of sexism permeate a department.
Pros
Free meals. Benefits. Pay scale.
Cons
Favoritism. Lack of seniority. Mid management not held accountable.
Being a server there was fun for the experience it gave me. Loved most of the people I worked with and the guests were mostly nice and enjoyable to serve. Con being they did not care at all that I was just a part time employee while in college and would constantly schedule me over 30 hours a week, when part time should be around 25 hours.
long hours lots of work, you do get a lot of support from management and other department supervisors. lots of busy outlets and room service, banquet department
Pros
goog crew
Cons
hard work
The benefits are great and overall the work culture is great. I really cant complain about anything while I was there, just disappointed that the job security at the end wasn't amazing.