Mission Veterinary Partners

Mission Veterinary Partners Employee Reviews

Busy and fun, wonderful teams but stressful corporate changes and reorganization

Mission Vet Partners overall is one of the best Veterinary based corporate businesses as the caliber of hospitals offer gold star pet care. The company is very young and home office transparency and guidance to field agents lacks consistency and respect.

Pros

Variety

Cons

Culture, Compensation does not consider position and experience but rather the need to fill an opening.

Enjoyable work, but poor treatment from coworkers

While I was very excited to start this job, it quickly turned into a chore, not something I enjoyed, and I left almost everyday upset and not wanting to come back. I would hear coworkers gossiping about me, was frequently left in situations with dogs that put them, other animals, and myself in danger, and was given extremely conflicting training and feedback, meaning I often had to switch back and forth between the way I would do a task based upon who I was working with that day. While I enjoyed the work, I got to the point where I was very unhappy and I didn't feel like I could approach my manager about the issues as it was evident other employees were taken more seriously than I was. I do want to make it clear that I'm unsure of how common these issues are around all clinics in the corporation and it's very possible that they're isolated to the one I worked at, but it is important to understand that these issues may be ingrained in the corporate culture in general.

Best Company I've ever worked for

I've always had a negative view on "Corporate Groups" in the Vet industry but MVP truly seems to be different. The culture is incredible and the company truly seems to care. Sometimes people can get the wrong idea when a "price increase" is mentioned but when really looking at it, this company is changing the industry as doing whatever they can do pay their people more. The Vet industry has been high turnover, high suicide, with no career growth for the past 100 years. This company truly seems to be making changes for the betterment of us (the people) and for the future of this industry. Yes, there have been a few bumps along the way as the company is growing, but I can honestly say that it seems that management/teams are doing their bests to treat everyone like family and do what's right.

Pros

Great pay, Career Growth, Culture

Cons

Hard work/busy times

Progressive and Fear Free

EDGE Animal Hospital is a practice that practices what they preach. We don't have to fight with our patients over nail trims just because the client wants it done or take abuse from clients. Work life balance is amazing with weekends off and most of the time were done on time!

Supported & Fun Place

MVP is a company full of wonderful professionals who are inline with my same goals. I am excited to come to work each day and feel supported and appreciated.

A once loved position turned negative fast

Upon starting, the energy of the hospital was happy, energetic, and even fun. However as time progressed the moral of staff grew dark along with the position. Multiple times while working I would stay late and come in early which was praised and I was built up in confidence about what a great worker I was when something changed. Corporate took the clinic over and the manager of the practice has become extremely stressed and unhappy but continues to wear a fake smile on a daily basis. Employees are brought into her office and leave in tears after being torn down about their personalities or not being good enough. In the last 3 months 3/5 technicians have left and I wouldn’t suggest anyone apply. Since leaving I’ve found multiple opportunities in the area with $5-$10 raises from their pay. Insurance is expensive and overtime is a big no no. While I admire the doctors that work at the practice, the management is just another group of unhappy stressed people raises prices.

Pros

Scrub allowance

Cons

Pay, work ethic, management

Recognition

From the bottom to the top, there is recognition is all directions. There have been opportunities that have been provided by this company that I would challenge you to find in other corporations. If you are willing to challenge yourself you will be met with doors opening where you least expect it.

Corporate is Awful

When your hospital partners with MVP, they make several promises that things won’t change, but everything about your hospital will change except the name. Upper management has no concern for the people working in the hospitals and will expect you to bend over backwards for them. They have no loyalty and will make you jump through hoops to protect your practice.

MVP is not as it seems.

Success working for MVP relies entirely on the clinic you choose to work. Unfortunately there seems to be little accountability when it comes to the behaviors of management, and with the "hands off" approach corporate has they have little they can do when issues arise. The core values the company claims to support only go so far once you are inside a clinic and directly under those who do not share the same core values.

Pros

Dream fund, pay.

Cons

Mental health stigma, little support.

Overworked and underpaid

Corporate is always corporate no matter what they tell you, money money money.. and NO talk of raises. The “dream fund” is a joke.. based on other hospitals in the area offering higher salary, MVP needs to change how they take care of their employees

A company that empowers veterinary technicians and wants to improve the veterinary industry

I am a CVT in 2 states and LVT in another. I am beyond burnout. I have been working as a veterinary technician for 13 years. I changed from clinical practice to zoological thinking my 12+ years in ER that put me into burnout was solely because I was overworked on ER hours. Wrong. After a couple years in a new focus, same old same old. I knew I had to leave clinical practice all together. My goal was to find a company that empowers its staff to advance beyond their current roles, utilize their skillset and knowledge, provided solid benefits, and had the mission of providing better for veterinary staff. I found that with MVP.I applied for a few roles, but accepted one in particular. It involves quite a few skills I had learned beyond clinical skills, but also utilizes my vast knowledge in the field. I work from home and I have perfect work/life balance. My peers respect me and are always encouraging me when I am ready to take on new tasks. My direct boss is welcoming and always in touch, asking if I ever need anything. I finally feel like I belong and that I found my space. I work with other corporate teams to advance practices beyond where we are now, and everybody at senior corporate or executive levels are all friendly, welcoming, and down to Earth.I love that I know there is no dead-end for me like I felt previously. I also love that the company evaluates where and how wages to staff can be improved instead of making excuses as to why you can't get a raise or a day off.One more thing, is that once I joined MVP, I began bringing my personal pets to the closest clinic -

They try to make the workers happy with gifts but withhold equal compensation and individuality

Mvp bought our vet as well as the pet resort. They made us increase our prices drastically in our department and waited forever to increase our pays. When it came down to the pay raise that they promised us before buying us out, they waited until minimum wage was increasing to increase us by a dollar. They even talked about only giving 5 cent raises to half of my staff. Clearly another money grabbing corporation that likes to make workers feel exactly like that, workers…

Workers are severely underpaid and overworked. Management is highly unprofessional and gossips about their employees to other workers.

Workers are severely underpaid and overworked. Policies are constantly changing without proper notification to employees. Management is highly unprofessional and gossips about their employees to other workers.

Pros

Allowed to be on cellphone

Cons

Toxic work enviroment

Stressful but good work

The work is very rewarding but very stressful. Long hours and tough shifts. Good education and supportive staff. Lots of room for advancement however not very flexible with schooling depending on your position.

Pros

Long lunches, animals

Cons

Stressful, long hours

Needs improvement

Amazing clinic but management does not handle concerns with other coworkers at all. They “train” you for 1 week and then you will get in trouble if you don’t know how to they do something after the “training” week. If you have a concern or want to try to improve the clinic they will ignore you during team meetings. If you try to take vacation your not allowed to unless you get someone to cover for you even though coworkers won’t cover for you. Morals of the clinic are standard but management and team work definitely needs improvement.

Cons

Coworkers who are bullies, no training

Poor management, high expectations with low pay

I worked at a privately owned clinic for 2 years before MVP acquired it. The on boarding was a chaotic mess because their reps couldn't answer half our questions, and nobody knew what they were doing. They claim to have your best interests in mind, but it's all about who you know and if they like you. Their "compensation" was nothing short of glamorous presentations and promises with no mind to personal circumstance and skills. The numbers they drew up for me weren't even accurate when I went home and did the math myself. I stayed there for another 8 months before I finally had enough. MVP, under all the "benefits" and hype, is just out to make money and you'd better believe they don't give two cents if you leave or you stay. Management is lazy, and you're expected to come in at a moment's notice.

Pros

Breaks, coworkers, CE opportunities, profit sharing, experience

Cons

Poor management, overworked staff

Mental health matters here!

When I heard the Mission statement was to be the employee of choice I said pshh yea right, not from a corporate. I am grateful to say I was completely wrong. From my first encounter with the recruiter all the way to my final interview with the VP of Ops, everyone has been completely transparent, genuine, and kind. Having been in this field over 10 years I have worked in almost every position from volunteer all the way to tech. After starting in the non profit sector Ive heard all of the horror stories about corporates. I’ve worked for multiple corporations before MVP and let me tell you those horror stories are true. So it’s an understatement when I tell you I was a little skeptical. My entire first month I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. Even after they offered me a salary way above what I asked for. Wait, they actually pay people what they are worth and then go above it?! It still feels like a dream. I enjoy what I do again. I haven’t felt this way since I began my career all those years ago. Now I know this review sounds all fluffed up but trust me I am not naive. I am sure that not everyone feels the way I do about them. I have been lucky to have a great boss and team. My suggestion would be do your own research. We have a VP of Wellness and a VP of Continuous Improvement. 2 separate departments dedicated to making things better for their employees. At least they are trying, it’s a lot more than all the other corporations are doing.

Pros

Work life balance, Salary, Culture

Cons

MVP is the best company I ever worked for

I've worked at a lot of company's. Maybe over 50 different company as I temp assignments for 10+ years. My time at MVP was a full time perminiate accounting position. The only reason I left was I moved out of state. I would have retired from MVP. The culture and atmosphere is the best I've ever experience in a working environment.

Pros

Salary, Health Insurance, 401K match, hours of operation. They practice their mission statement.

Cons

Not a single Con for me.

Young company is realizing its potential.

MVP has leaders at the top with exceptional skill and are great human beings. The company has grown rapidly and that will cause some growing pains. Training and retraining to shift gears or to have managers moved to other positions all creates some stresses on the job but overall are seeing benefits for the MVP family as a whole. Given the circumstances and the challenges brought on by COVID, it is impressive what they have accomplished. I have witnessed plenty of support from upper management to bring our practice management up when it is needed.

Great co workers, poor management

During my time at an MVP clinic, I have seen many employees come and go due to poor management skills within the clinic. No care or concerns is given for your personal life or prior commitments. You are expected to work with their ever changing scheduling "needs" with only a few days notice. Management talks about other workers to employees and has no sense of private information. I honestly felt as if I had no one to talk to without it being discussed amongst people I did not want to know. Other employees at the clinic are great. Them and working with the animals are doctors are the reason I go back daily.

Pros

Great co workers and doctors!

Cons

No breaks, scheduling changes at the drop of a hat and poor management.

It’s a large corporation and it feels like it.

The corporate office doesn’t understand what the work is like in the clinics. We sometimes imagine corporate employees high-fiving around the water cooler while the hospitals burn. Their obsession with making feces references leads me to suspect that they’ve never seen a vomiting puppy defecating blood or cleaned up diarrhea in the lobby in front of an audience. They recently sent the clinics gaudy, cheap sunglasses with MVP branded on the frames. Every single employee said they would rather have had $2. They talk about solutions for our problems (stress and poorly paid) but they don’t address the actual root of the problem by raising wages, hiring more staff or lessening the work loads. I only stay because it’s on the bus line and I share a car.

Pros

Free lab work, hospital caters lunch when we can’t get breaks, generous with PTO

Cons

Can’t get breaks, long hours, not a living wage, management above our hospital is an a-hole.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Veterinary Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Mission Veterinary Partners