Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Hong Kong33 reviews

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,742 reviews

best pay, worst hours, ok culture and learning curve, good start of career

IBD - intensive and stressful workplace, steep learning curve, great exposure to big clients and interesting projects, very well paid but horrible work life balance

Awful manager, horrendous experience

I knew from the interview that the manager was incompetent but was lured by the bump up in pay. I had a horrendous time and I was not alone judging by the almost 50% attrition among my peers during the year I was there. There are some good teams and competent managers at MS but choose wisely.

Great place

I worked in its overseas office. Colleagues are smart and hard-working, but the hours are not good. The review and promotion is very structured and relatively fair

A company that can truly be described as Best in class

A great company culture which truly embraces it's core values. Morgan Stanley provides several opportunities to its employees to invest in themselves and in their communities.

Pros

Great brand, strong culture

Cons

Not as diverse and inclusive as they should be

Politics

Politics!! Unfair practice and management biased.Right place wrong qualification & experience.Hard working does not guarantee promotion.Good medical benefit.

Pros

Good medical benefit

Cons

Long hours, Politics

Excellent

There is a reason why Morgan Stanley became what is it. The reason is investment in people and taking care. Excellent work culture where individual people take ownership rather than shrugging

Very fast paced

Due to I'm not from either financial or IT background in university, the learning curve was a little steep, however my colleagues are very helpful to provide support. My typical day starts with a scrum meeting and I head on to do my project(s), sometimes I get pulled to help with support related issues, then after market close I would deploy my changes to the production environment, if I have a change ready and approved.

People are friendly

The working environment is nice since people welcome your questions but work hours may not be ideal. It depends on which department you get into as some department tends to have late hours.

good insurance coverage, stressful work

good insurance coverage, stressful work, work-life balance, yoga class at lunch time

Favouritism

A good company but limited advancement opportunity. The company is too big as such it is very difficult for senior management from HQ to know the unfair practices in other region

Pros

Good Company culture

Cons

Unfair practice and management biased, hard working does not guarantee promotion

Workplace culture in Morgan Stanley

Reasonable hours with nice people. Lot of team bonding events to get to know each other inside the department. Promotion wise - the headcount struggle is real.

Demanding

The job was definitely challenging. Multitasking and the juggling of wearing different hats to address the different roles on the job is a must. Overall it is a rewarding work environment.

Perfect

Perfect for people looking for a stable environment

Good energy, Fun place to work with great people

Morgan Stanley is a great place to work. It is energetic and a fulfilling place of employment. You get the opportunity to learn about different cultures, backgrounds and to speak with people all around the world.

professional

A great professional institution with strong culture. The internship program was very well-designed for students to experience and learn routines at an ibank

Investment bank culture

People are smart, and prefer working long hours. Everyone is focusing on delivery results. Managers give me insights and are fair. I love working there.

productive work place

You work with the smartest people. Response speed is fast and efficient. Hardest part of the job is advancement and salary increment. People are generally nice.

Global firm

Morgan Stanley is too well-known for the people in the world. Everything is well-versed with system and is highly automated. However, this makes operations and solutions less flexible.

Pros

Famous

Cons

Underpay

Rewards hard workers

Great benefits and salary to be had for those willing to put in long hours and time away from family..................................................

Pros

Salary

工作環境

公司提供優良的工作環境, 地方大及設備齊全, 公司福利也非常好, 假期也特別多, 但日常工作量也多, 通常十幾個鐘一日。

Pros

福利好

Cons

工作量多

Professional and fast paced workplace

It is a professional work place with a supportive team. I worked as a data migration contractor regarding ISDA and the team has provided all the support and necessary exposure to facilitate my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Morgan Stanley Reviews by Location