MVP Health Care

MVP Health Care Employee Reviews

Unhealthy

Unrealistic work load/ expectations. management micromanages staff but does not know the details of their own job responsibilities.Management also exhibits favoritism amongst staff

Executives are a bunch of wannabe's

Smallbany executives that don't have a clue how a real business thrives. Constant re-structures, always following the latest shiny object and never following through. Horrific communication. Promotions are reserved for people that lack experience, professionalism and basic common sense. No respect or advancement for mature, experienced staff.

Pros

High deductible health insurance provided without employee contributions

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities, executives play favorites - often with unqualified employees, bureaucracy and lack of follow through

Good place to start with

Very relax work environment,Compensation is low compare to market average no much room for growth, I see ppl in the company spending years and years without any advance

Negative time working there.

Management was completely out of touch, they cared more about their own jobs, than encouraging a positive working enviroment. Lots of micro managing and stress.

Provides Great Customer Service

I enjoyed advocating for those in need. I learned something new each and every day. Many challenges which helped me grow and gain experience and knowledge. Leadership struggles to communicate goals.

Meat grinder

This is a company that pretends to accommodate a comfortable work environment but seeks to push out as much productivity as they can. Any upward mobility without political support from superiors will be met with hositility.

Paycheck

Don’t do it! Things are changing for the worst. Company is being run like a dictatorship. Especially stay away from their UM department! They only care about the numbers

Very busy

Not a good place to work, they do not value you as an employee. Every day they have something g new to add to your schedule. Communication it is not their best. Management is horrible.

Management is unfair and unjust

I was terminated for simply using the bathroom! Denied my unemployment benefits since June of 2020. Absolutely no understanding. Workload is doable you stay busy all day.

Fun activities and great benefits

This is a good job to have if you have a lot of patience and empathy. Training is constant and things change daily but if you like fast track and constant changing environment thenthis is for you .

Pros

Incentives, training

Cons

Some managers/supervisors are not approachable, favoritism, metrics are almost unnatainable

Great coworkers but does not have upward mobility

Great coworkers! Most are friendly, fun, and very talented. Unfortunately, upper management changes so often they lose site of the original goals. No upward mobility available.

Pros

Coworkers, salary, remote working

Cons

Career growth, opportunities, benefits

Not the same company it was 3 years ago.

MVP used to be a great place to work where we felt like a family and we were supported by management. Post COVID MVP only cares about the bottom line. People are being let go left and right with no explanation and they are not being replaced so we are expected to do the work of 2 or 3 people in one 40 hour work week. The raises are laughable and we are kept in the dark about everything. I used to feel like I had job security but that feeling has come and gone.

Pros

Wfh.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement, managers only speak to you when you do something wrong, WFH is alienating because no one checks on you, the money is not worth the headache

Prospective review nurse

Gosh so hard to write this review. I initially thought that this position was great. Granted my supervisors were and are AMAZING; they allow you to have a great work/home balance, I will definitely miss that aspect. The culture of the company seems amazing but I never saw the impact from the department I worked for. I feel the training was okay; the training personal is great but there’s so much that you need to know, so much that changes and not enough support for any individual to do their jobs to the fullest.

Pros

Insurance is free - yes high deductible but nothing out of your pocket!! That’s a huge incentive!!

Cons

Raises, amount of responsibility, lack of acknowledgment from upper management, lack of patient care.

use to be great

lost all family feel all corporate now everything is timed no personality all scripted cannot deviate from the script back stabbing culture created by management

Experts at making people unhappy

The people who are most successful are incredibly abrasive and demeaning, even/especially when they have no knowledge or experience in a specific subject. If you are used to being a high performer on a team of experts, you will be very unhappy here. Leaders spend 80% of their time documenting conversations to protect themselves from blame or to cast blame. There is zero time spent asking “what is the goal” and therefore, almost everything misses the mark despite much fanfare. Hiring process misrepresented the role and responsibilities. Leaders gossip about their staff.

Pros

Cons

Working here seriously affected my career and mental health

Normal Job

The job itself isn’t that bad but the standards are super high and not always easy to meet. Job advancement can be hard to obtain as they don’t really do anything in terms of getting you ready to advance but it can be done if you yourself are determined to get there. I would not be where I am or have accomplished what I have so far if I waited for a supervisor or manager to come to me. If you want to do something, be prepared to have to climb the mountain alone. Other than that, job can be really repetitive if you aren’t involved with projects or other assignments. Pay is decent but definitely could be more and the raises can be decent but sometimes it feels like you have to do way more than what your actual job title is in order to get a decent raise.

Pros

Benefits, Pay

Cons

Stressful at times

Great work culture with ever changing priorities

Working with MVP means you'll be working with great staff and having an awesome experience. However, they often have various projects and priorities. Be prepared to max out your multitasking skills.

Csr

Good company great pay and benefits. Employee engagement and good hours. Moved to work from home which was great. Terminated for a honest mistake. Promotions

Went from great to awful overnight.

It was a great place to work for 85% of my tenure until there was an upper management "Shake Up" and the whole company changed over night. Many people lost there jobs and the whole structure changed. Many mistakes are made in many departments because of the daunting changes all made in a very short period of time. Not a very secure place to work and your job responsibilities change frequently. Very micro managed. If you are an outside sales rep and travel frequently, they do not even pay for your mobile phone.

Pros

Benefits and PTO.

Cons

They have made many unsustainable changes.

Some departments better than others…

Nothing really negative or positive to say about my time there. I did notice that some departments were run much better than others. The bad ones would work you to the bone and think nothing of it.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Poor raises

Fake culture

Executives don’t “walk the talk” which creates a horrible environment for everyone else and it’s one big blame game. They are also constantly reorging and do little to no planning around impacts or strong communication around long term strategy, requiring middle management to figure it all out after they are told about the changes. Well connected leaders are given a free pass on pretty much anything without consequences.

Pros

Salary, Pto

Cons

Leadership, culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MVP Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• MVP Health Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?