Norwegian Cruise Line

Norwegian Cruise Line Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,510 reviews

Nice place

Norwegian Cruise Line is known for its fun, laid-back ambiance and inventive "freestyle cruising" concept, which features no enforced dress codes, no fixed dining times, and a plethora of onboard entertainment and family-friendly activities.

A good place to work while you are travelling for free.

I would really love to recommend this company to my family and friends since it has been a bread and butter for me while working in this company. The company has provided the employees the important benefits that a crew should have.

Call center with cares for only certain people and no prioritizing anyone's needs until it becomes severe or they leave

The company is pretty interesting to work for. By doing it remotely, you dont have to worry about transit or gas prices or how long it takes to go to work or anything like that. The training is paid, so don't worry. You aren't getting nothing while doing it. However, the training was incredibly stressful and anxiety-inducing. You have to pass the training with a hard 90% in order to move onto your job, which is absolutely strict and mind-boggling. Sure, they try to gear it so that as long as you try, you'll pass, but it doesn't need to be so strict. Especially when you aren't learning everything for the position you'll be in. Once on the floor past the training you did, you'll be tackling real calls of which they will not have any indication that you're new. And the IT folks are not exactly helpful. I have had this issue for a long while now and am only getting assistance now because the issue is complicated but it is affecting my work output as well as me working in general and I use this job to help me get bills paid and to get groceries, so it isn't good that I've been told conflicting info from multiple people for the same issue.Fellow co-workers of mine, who have trained with me, left due to the job not being accommodating to assist them due to being parents and the shifts they got given not being preferable or not being able to become part time so they could still be with their kids and care for them.And getting answers for questions can take a while and you have to search through their system. And this increases the time you have on a call which you get penalized -

Pros

Paid training, healthcare benefits after 30 days (after you get through training), discount after 6 months, working from home

Cons

Short breaks, tough training protocol, IT doesn't assist you well, not accommodating

Nice

It was a great company until the pandemic hit and there was no communication. I was told I would be laid off and called back... I see they are hiring but every ship runs it's course

Turns you into a robot

I'm going to leave a more thorough review in the future. For now, ill say Ive never felt more lifeless in my life. You only do really well if you are constantly sacrificing your entire life for work. The second you take a step back, you can immediately tell the difference in the leads you receive

You Can Make $$$$ Here

Great company with great management, with the possibility of being very successful. You can make a lot of money being a PCC, but you have to put in the time and effort.

Pros

Management, commission is very fair

Cons

COVID still plays a role in regards to guests not wanting to book

If you love to travel this is the place to be.

Management had good response time to phone agents. Customers were important to mgmt. The Tech Dept. was fantastic. It didn't matter if you had a phone problem or a computer problem they were always nice and quickly resolved whatever it was. At the time I worked there the pay was substandard. Since I left they instituted additional pay for sales opportunities. I understand these could be substantial.

Do not work for this company

This was a nightmare of a job. Nothing prepares you for how much they work you. It has a horrible system and you feel like a shell of a person when you're done. I do not recommend.

Pros

You're in Hawaii

Cons

Bad food, bad uniform, evil people

Close knit family of coworkers

Everyone worked together to achieve mutual goals. It was a family-like atmosphere. People worked hard and were recognized and appreciated for it. Great job for many years.

Great if you desperately need a job and are willing to work without any time off.Warning: High turnover rate

Long story short, if you desperately need a job and have nothing planned in your personal life outside of work for as long as you live then you'll do just fine here. Leadership advancement can happen in as little as one year. You can't switch departments until after 6 months of employment. You go through 4 weeks of classroom-like job training, then 2 weeks of supervised coaching while taking live calls. Then you're on your own after that and you'll still feel unprepared because you aren't trained realistically. You have to ask questions in a chatbox but messages overflow and will likely be skipped A LOT (My question was always skipped). You won't know how to do everything, BUT they don't train you on how to manage or cope with calls from travel agents and guests treating you like you are the most incompetent employee in the company. Pay is decent for what you do but not livable. The benefits are alright. Their attendance policy is a nightmare, especially for new employees. One can simply request time off, however, you will be told to post a shift trade to trade your day with someone else first until it's the last minute. 90% of the employees I have encountered sound like they hate working here and probably don't want to help you or understand your situation. The 10% you meet are the ones you will remember and be glad you've met.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Norwegian Cruise Line?

Best of best Cruise Company

In an environment where public health is at the forefront of most things and all cruise lines clamoring to hire public health officers from the start Norwegian Cruise Lines Holdings Ltd has displayed their respect for what we do as offering the highest salary of any out there. Not only that the culture is great. People care about each other and the work. Only downside is being away from home, but it can be fun too

Good opportunities to make money. At expense of your time.

Great Management, great environment. Good opportunities to make money, commission based means you will have to give up any extra time to maximize your earnings.. worth it for a couple years but not sustainable long term.

Pros

Money, commission

Cons

No life .. just work

Fun place

Decent hours and pay wonderful team members to help throughout shifts Management is wonderful great opportunities to advance with the company lots of overtime if wanted

Call center job.

The people are nice but you can only get up from your computer 3 times a day, two 15 min breaks and a 30 min break for lunch. Other than that you are on the phone answering back to back calls. Also, I feel that the training is strong in some points, but very week in other points.

Everyone sincerely wants you to succeed.

I love how everyone is so helpful. I work remote and havent gone into the office. Even though I get NO face to face contact with coworkers, everyone is friendly, and always willing to help.

Fun workplace, lots of pepople you can meet. Lots of experience you can learn from work that can help you grow as a person

A good workplace that will help you grow in your career and can help you improve your skills a lot. Another thing is you can travel in diffrent places, meet different people with different races and culture.

Everyone is very welcoming and friendly. Lots of team outings

Great company with great benefits and people. The work/life balance can be tough since hours are 11-8 but other than that you meet people who will probably be in your life forever.

Pros

people, work environment, benefits

Cons

work/life balance

Good opportunity to be around different cultures. Lack of training and support.

I have worked one contract at Norwegian. The shorex position had good benefits inside the ship, but the overall experience is not worthy. There was no training before starting and you can get quite lost on the beginning. We work long hours and there's no free day.

Pros

Many people from different cultures. A lot to learn. Food and Lodge.

Cons

No support. No training. Long hours work.

Empresa que se importa com o profissional e oportuna boas chances de crescimento.

Ótima empresa para trabalhar no exterior. Oportunidade de crescimento.

Pros

Boa remuneração e salário em dólar.

Cons

Trabalho de segunda a segunda.

Fun and professional

I know how to work in the cruise ship because i worked there many years.Each company has positive and negative impression for each individual. For me the good one is travel to many countries for free. Negative side is we have distance to our family and loved ones. Also we are required to work tougher than on land.

Fun

A lot of fun. I worked for the Pride of America Cruise Line. Great times. 14-16 hours a day of working. No days off. 7 days a week. You get very little sleep.

Pros

Free food, free room, you're in Hawaii

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norwegian Cruise Line. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Norwegian Cruise Line