Orlando Health

Orlando Health Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,354 reviews

Great people

Great people but company doesn’t compensate well for the amount of responsibility you get. Pto and great benefits. benefits are one of the greatest in Orlando

Pros

Great docs and managers

I love Orlando Health

Have worked here for a decade and get to help people everyday. It was my goal to make a difference in the lives of people in our community. Orlando Health has been the best company I have ever worked for. I love my team and I feel supported everyday.

Pros

Work life balance, team work, new challenges daily

Stable and easy.

Good company to work for in terms of benefits and life work balance as a licensed mental health professional. Not much room for growth in this particular position. There are plenty of opportunities for the latter outside the mental health specialty. Work becomes repetitive after the initial phase of training and after getting acquainted with the different processes and procedures. Highly recommended if your goal is to have a good steady income and an easy job to perform, since most stressors stem from non-direct patient care procedures/barriers.

Pros

Good clinical exposure. Good collegiality.

Cons

Repetitive work after initial exposure.

Good job security and benefits

The blood bank lab is very busy because the hospital has a trauma center. Most of time, the job is very demanding. Staffing is an issue. The benefits are good. Overall it is a good company to work for.

Pros

they pay for your school

Cons

stressful

Atmosphere

Good company but definitely do not promote, pay good or completely train you. Was working there a year and never got fully trained as a pharmacy tech.

Productive place to work

I love working at Horizon west everyone there is respectful, friendly helpful and always willing to go the extra mile I would be treated there as a patient.

It was ok

It was a job. At times patients were heavy and you would have some nurses that didn’t want to help. As a tech, the other techs will help you. I guess it depends where you are.

Patient transport was easy

Great experience and great team members. Loved everyone and my managers. They’re really accommodating when it comes to personal life and school. Benefits are amazing.

Workload is heavy due to shortage of staff

Management is detached from reality. They do not care about you as a person. The nurse/ patient ratio is terrible. Often time overworked with little or no help from team members or leaders as most time nurses are stretched thin due to being short staff all the time. Nurses are often used as scapegoat due to system failures such as short age of staff. No chance of advancement in company even with an advanced degree due to a lot of cliché and favoritism. Nurses are hardly recognized for their hard work with little or no appreciation from management.

Terrible Group to work with

The team members were extremely rude and would whisper to one another while I was sitting close by. Very lazy team members who cared more about flirting with one another than actually doing their work. It was a very hostile working environment. Would NOT recommend to anyone.

Good atmosphere

Great pharmacy department, decent cafeteria, and competitive pay. Parking is decent. High tech turnover and sometimes short staffed. Management is involved in trying to improve the workplace.

Great team work

Mostly understaff but great teamwork and managers will help but it stops there. The pay is decent. Stressful place to work with unrealistic expectations. Benefits and insurance was good

Large teaching hospital system with opportunities for many specialties

Although OH has been stressed by the COVID-19 pandemic, staffing difficulties, supply chain issues, etc... They remain a teaching hospital system, level 1 trauma center (ORMC), far better than the other hospital system in town that is only interested in making money, far more focused on unit-based leadership and nursing/medical knowledge and skills rather than customer service and scripted interactions with patients like their competitors. The pay has improved over time, they continue to offer annual bonuses and merit raises, and for the last several months have offered varying shift bonuses for picking up extra. The benefits have been excellent and are affordable as well, including great health insurance, tuition reimbursement, partnering with local universities and colleges to help pay for employees' continuing education directly. When fully staffed, nurse and PCT ratios were fantastic, and although this has slipped in recent years, I am optimistic for a return to better staffing and better ratios over time.

Short staff, terrible pay, amazing co-workers

Short staff, terrible pay, amazing co-workersWe have more patients than we should be getting, is hard to give your best self being so under staffed. Co-workers and the job culture are amazing, good team work. The payment is terrible for the amount of work and stress you have to go through.

Busy but manageable

It is a busy level one trauma hospital so it's expected to be busy. They do need to add travelers or pay nurses more in order to retain them, this may help.

Love my coworkers but management needs work

I LOVED my job when I first started. I was always motivated and enjoyed going to work. I felt supported and anytime I felt overwhelmed, I had many resources to turn to. But once COVID hit, thing changed and it felt like the employees were no longer important. Nurses were being stretched thin and it didn’t feel like there was much support from management. I ended up leaving because I was completely burnt out and it didn’t feel safe anymore. I had to protect my license and was ready to move on to a position that was no longer bedside.

Nice culture on certain units with helpful management. Disconnected administration.

Extremely stressful work environment with no compensation for flexing or floating currently. Good areas to experience learning, resources are readily available in most cases. Minimal/no compensation for growth and advancement on your own. No clinical ladder to provide incentive for growth. Understaffed units with disconnected administration.

How they say they treat their workers and how they actually treat their workers are two very different things.

In this company, the financial analysts are running the show, and there is no one at the decision making table who understands what is happening and is needed by those on the ground level. They state that they want to provide support to their team members and have added programs that SOUND great, but do not deliver. They have a punitive point system that punishes employees when they have to take time off, even if it is a documented emergency or medical appointment, and causes employees to accrue points if they are one minute late clocking in. Their patient to staff ratio is dangerously high and continues to go up and instead of acquiring travel nurses to fill the gap, they increase patient/nurse ratios. They offer new nurses more money than their reliable staff that has been there which sounds great up front, as long as you are ready to never ever make any more money. You can be fired at any time, they will find a reason, even if they have to comb through your HR file for a discussion that happened 5 years ago. In short, there is a HUGE disconnect between administration and the rest of the company. Time off and self care are not valued, politics is the only game, and you are always expected to do more with less and run yourself into the ground for the company.

I enjoyed working there.

My colleagues, manager and teammates were easy to work with. We held monthly fun activities to appreciate and motivate our employees. We worked collaboratively to meet our goals which included a bonus when we did.

Pros

Great board meetings

Cons

I got to a point where there was no room for advancement

Wasn't the best experience

I feel like they cared more about the numbers of rooms being done than if they were actually clean rooms for the patients. I understand it's a business but that seems messed up and unhygienic.

My co workers

Co Workers are great, but management not so much they could care less about their employees as long as they get what they need no matter what the cost.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orlando Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Orlando Health