Philips

Philips Employee Reviews

Fully empowered to manage the full innovation team including engineers, project managers and others to deliver product portfolio to the market at the right quality, cost and time.
Pros
Responsibility and empowered
Located at HKSP. Good office environment. Good colleagues.
Productive and innovative company to work with that empowered employees with superb technical training and development with very professional Management
Pros
fun to work with team engagement
Cons
job stability with business needs
When I first joined this company, I was highly impressed. With a very tolerant and forward-thinking culture, including providing benefits for domestic partners regardless of gender status, and a willingness to recruit talented candidates by allowing them to work remotely, I felt that this was the place for me. Some colleagues told me that I had stars in my eyes, and that eventually those stars would fall and I would see the truth, but I shrugged them off as jaded and bitter. Now, several years later, I see that they were correct. It isn't that management doesn't WANT to do things, it's that the company is so tied up in process that it isn't able to make things happen in a timely manner. Products are released in a slipshod manner with a surprisingly high number of serious defects, training is impossible due to the frequent number of changes implemented between the time training is developed and delivered to when the product is released, and the product owners and management are driven by release dates, rather than results. Quality has decreased exponentially, and employees' efforts to improve it are met with stubborn resistance. The company has begun outsourcing support jobs to India, and those resources have not even begun taking phone calls but management has eliminated positions in North America and Europe. Morale is at an all-time low, and even the managers have begun looking for work elsewhere since they feel they can't trust their leadership.
Great colleagues, flexible and fun working environment, systematic, learned to work as a team
Great company, challenged on the market place. Downside is: Very frequent reorganizations, which affect people effectiveness
Pros
work and life balance
Cons
frequent reorganizations