SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,566 reviews

the managers and co-workers make your day go smoother.

All of the top managers and supervisors are very understanding. If you request time off on the app and in person, it will be given to you without hesitation.

Not the best place to work

It’s all about favoritism for them. I was in line to be an assistant manager and I was there for almost a year and they gave it to some person instead who was there for like 3 months at the time

The responsibility to care for the animals is paramount.

it was always amazing to see the level of care provided to every animal that was part of the seaworld family as well as animals brought to the parks due to illness or injury. it was, and still is, at the core of what they do and an investment.

very robotic

when I worked here I felt like nobody cares everyone is like a robot in a factory. when. I first started to work there they took care of employees had tickets for movies and the fair at good prices, and had good food in the cafeteria but now the food quality has gone down and they don't offer as many benefits. this is good for your kid to learn how the real world works as a first-time job but any more than a year your gonna get burnt out fast.

Actual policies for treatment unclear

Everyone did everything differently so training was very confusing. My job description never seemed clear. Scheduling was not given far enough in advance. Got extremely boring sometimes with not enough to do but no one seemed interested in training staff to do anything else. Unclear who was management and who wasnt

Sad

Very sad and disappointing place to work at. Expect a lot for meager pay. Management doesn’t care about employees, would replace you in a second. Benefits are not rewarded, HR is non-responsive.

good for a first job

the pay was well above minimum wage and they work with you if you need to change your schedule due to things such as school. However, many guests can be very rude.

Solid opportunity, but HR is just... the worst.

Depending on the department you are working with, the experience is vastly different. Entertainment, specifically, was very fun and rewarding and stage managers were usually kind and understanding. My issues are mainly with HR and lack of inter-department communication.I was originally hired by HR for one job, but after the paperwork was signed, I was told that job was actually not available and should not have been offered in the first place. Luckily, they invited me to do another job in the department and I had already left my previous employer, so I accepted. I went through the training process and was told I would be contacted by my manager in a few days, but no dice. Come to find out later that HR didn't notify the entertainment department that the new round of hires had completed training and I was stuck waiting for about two and a half weeks before the manager was able to reach out. Overall, the job was fine. Fun at times and the people there are genuinely nice... But HR is impossible.

Fun but Stressful

This isn’t the best place to work at. They don’t work with your availability and the managers disappear during shifts randomly. Employees are fun and nice

Fun workplace

The work wasn’t to bad , the coworkers are cool , management was nice . The pay wasn’t great but also wasn’t the worst the benefits are supercool was my first job back in 2016 I stood for a couple years

Pros

Benefits, good work people

Cons

Very hot

for young ppl

this is job is filled with young minded ppl. days off weren’t hard. be prepared to sweat just walking from the parking lot if you don’t mind than this is the job for you

Exhaustion

On days that I had a 12 hour shifts, I would work from 9 am to 5/6 pm without a break. Free passes don't really matter if you don't have days off, it is just a stressful environment.

Cons

Short breaks

Great first job, easy interview & application process that is done online

Depending on the time of year you are working at Sea World, the amount of hours you get will vary from getting barely any hours to working intense full days during busy months. Overall good experience.

Fun

Fun place to work gets busy sometimes super slow good benfits free tickets and passes for friends and family you get in free all the time free parking and good discounts good schedule if you are in school

Love my coworkers! Corporate though is detached!

I loved working with my fellow workers in the park! It was so much fun, some are life long friends now. I went from photo sales to photographer, photographer to tour photographer, tour photographer to OJT, and finally assistant supervisor in less than a year! So moving up felt like a breeze but once you’re there that may be it.I tried to stay but they couldn’t offer full time, the corporate structure is ran by shareholders looking to make a buck. Does Seaworld take care of its animals? Yes! Very good care, but the workers? Not so much. I left because I didn’t see a way up, they reshuffle the pay scale often and some people will get paid more due to when they were hired yet someone higher up with more responsibility might be paid less. To me, that’s wrong and part of the reason I left. I left feeling sad because I love the park and my coworkers! I love those folks but when you got bills you gotta move on!

Amazing place

I had the best time being a trainer for sea world and showing customers everything they need to know about the dolphins, sea lions and belugas. It was extremely enjoyable and a fun work place!

Nice place to work. Everyone is energetic and ready to make guests smile!

I enjoyed my seasonal position working here. I felt the training was fair and the job isn't a difficult one. Be prepared to spend large amounts of time standing in the heat (especially in summer). Supervisors do make sure employees get water breaks and are helpful.

Decent First Job but pay is way too low

The job started off fun but management asked for too much and not enough pay (literally $8 per hour). Management was also too childish and loved drama. An alright first job but if you’re not in high school anymore then its not worth it in my opinion.

Awesome place to work. The guest can be hard to deal with tho

I really loved working for this company. My coworkers were amazing, the managers were amazing, and the mechanics were always on point whenever the ride had difficulties. The ONLY problem with this job was very disrespectful guest!! They wouldn’t listen, they would get mad at you for just doing your job!! They would cuss at you and try to assault you and everything else!! Sometimes even had to deal with drunk guest because the park does serve alcohol.

Pros

Good pay Great atmosphere Good breaks Discount/ free lunch

Cons

The guest that come to the park

Enjoy the benefits

Work life is great and you can’t beat free park entrance. They have events where you get free meals several times a year, free ice cream or drinks. Love working here

Worst place to work

Sea Corp has to be one of the worst places to work. The management don’t care about you, supervisors aren’t paid enough to care, and regular employees aren’t paid enough to care about their jobs. If you have seriously no other options then it’s a great settle but there’s always something better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment