SeaWorld

SeaWorld Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,007 reviews

Fun

It was a really fun place to work the people made it fun it is long work days and can be very stressful but to see the finished product in the smiles on peoples faces makes it worth it

Good mission terrible executives

The people believe in what they are doing. The executives are terrible. Lay offs and cut benefits. They didn’t even pay contribute to retirement. If you work here it should be 1-2 years and then move on to something better which is most places.

Pros

Free park admission

Cons

Senior leadership

Too Hot

It was fun, hard work. Just too many whinny teenagers that didn’t want to work, do their job but still get paid. Perks are good, get to go park Free, like the employee discounts and employees only events.

Stressful and gossipy

It was not good to work there. I didn’t enjoy it as it was too stressing and it made me want to quit. The pay was $20.80 an hour. Very bare minimumfjfj

Benefits

Cons

Low rates

I enjoyed the job itself it’s a wonderful and beautiful place to work

I could never get promoted to full-time for whatever reason I applied several times to different positions above what I was doing but younger people were moved up and I was passed over but yet I loved the interaction with the people that I worked with I had great managers but it became too far to travel for a small amount of pay it was a shame because I did love my job

Great for the animals. Not so much for the humans!

I personally loved “working” at SeaWorld. The work was amazing. Being with animals and the public was amazing. The politics and back end work was almost to much to deal with.

Unorganized but chill

They changed my position like 3 times , first I was a GameHost then they changed it to Cashier in merchandise then they had me at culinary at a restaurant but other than that it’s pretty chill and nice anywhere you work beside culinary .

Great retail management!

I loved my job here in retail. Had really good management that would help when i needed a day off ASAP. Gave you pretty good breaks and sometimes free lunch. I would say the hours are pretty good but only if you wanna work part time!

Pros

Free lunches, Great Management

Survival of the fittest

The interview for day park is essentially just making sure your a warm body that is legally allowed to work and ensure you want the position, that's it.If you can last the first week or two as day park quality, your set. Here your going to learn how to walk for miles unending and clean stuff no one else wants to.Management was fantastic though, honestly the reason I stayed so long.If you can get to the point where you stop feeling pain in your feet from walking, your going to enjoy your time a little bit more. You can also watch the parade which is neat. And the park at nighttime was really cool to walk around in.I don't recommend being there longer than a year unless you want to move up alot.

Room to grow

Seaworld can be a fun place to work it can just become very clicky. If you get to know your leadership it is not hard to have the opportunity to grow.

Pros

Opportunities

Cons

short breaks

Okay

It was good when i first started then I noticed there was no room for growth, it is an easy job for what you get paid management could do a lot better

I don't recommend

They treated me horribly, they didn't respect that I was a college student, I had to drop because my shifts were literally 12hrs or more depending on the day. I had told them I had depression and other mental health issues but they barely took that into consideration. And here's a tid bit of information they keep people at part time but give them full time hours so they don't have to pay benefits.

Supervisors suck at doing their jobs

Management didn’t care about the job, so the employees didn’t care either, which made the work environment stressful most of the time. The only thing that I liked was the tickets.

Pros

tickets

Cons

Poor management, late breaks

Not bad

Great people, great experience. Very stressful. Pay should be better. You only get promoted if you are friends with Management. Be ready to be yelled at most of the time by rude guests.

Pros

Free park tickets, great coworkers

Cons

Long hours, Stressful

bad work environment

I worked there for 3 years as a minor to an adult and it really depends on the management and where you are placed that will determine how enjoyable this job is. When I worked there my restaurant was too understaffed and they where expecting us to run a whole restaurant with only 4 employees. Most of our managers would never help us clear the lines instead they would just walk by leaving us overwhelmed to the max. They have let me work in unsafe conditions just so they can make a buck. I loved the people i met and are still friends with them today but that’s the only good thing that came out of working here .

Pros

free tickets and fun people

Cons

bad management

Excellent works and enjoy

Overnight very quietly working there , walking , pick-it up to trash, hose water , washer the machine and sweeping, clean-up restroom, drive the truck to trash.

Pros

Carry lunch

Cons

Break time 15 mins

Good place to work. Nice coworkers. Fun and exciting job. Get to see animals and attractions of the park. Like working outside and interact with the park guests.

Good part time job but not high paying

Good part time job but not very high paying. Other employees were typically a pleasure to work with but some management members were unhelpful and not always very professional.

Fun, collaborative workplace, but unreliable hours

Kids Club Attendant was a great job and working with kids within the resort was a blast! But hours are not consistent and you need to be on call up to 2 hours before a shift to know if you’ll be on or not. Makes it hard to make plans, have a decent life. Also need a second job if you’re living on the Gold Coast and paying rent. Would suit students / someone already working in childcare and looking to supplement their income.

Pros

Fun, carefree work environment. Hours cumulate to earn free entry tickets to Village Roadshow themeparks

Cons

Short shifts, not consistent and on call roster

It was a cool job.

I enjoyed my 7 years working for the company for the most part. You have a job to do, so do it.It's definitely a family-oriented place. So many things for the kids and adults to do. Food is great. I met a lot of nice people while working there.

Pros

Free Tickets to all parks

Cons

Having to work outside in the heat.

Good management but can get busy at times

Good when slow, but very terrible when busy and the managers are all good over there they look out for employees. Very fun place to work at and it’s a very nice setting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SeaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SeaWorld