Société Générale

Société Générale Employee Reviews

I would recommend sg for career oriented individuals especially those involved in tech/digital initiatives as it's the new trend. It is easy to change job in SG
Good environment, friendly people. Large French influence and dependencies which delays work and causes unnecessary red tape. Legacy internal systems leads to inefficiency.
Socgen has a lot of opportunities for the right person. The culture is very European in style and they love their coffee. I enjoyed my time in Socgen and working with my French colleagues.
One of the few banks where your colleagues will end up being your friends. There are about 1000+ employees in the HK office and multiple social events organised throughout the year. Work is interesting with a good work-life balance
Management distant, qui peine a capitaliser sur l'humain et reconnaitre le travail bien fait.
Good and reputable international bank, great opportunities to deal with every level of stakeholders. Great exposure to ad hot tasks and project management development.
Pros
Well place of bank to work globally
Typical work day: Programming, coding, trading I have learned all most of my qunatitative skills started from SocGen Management are good and understand our business Workplace: work until late night Hardest part: Long working hours Enjoyable part: People are efficient
Pros
Good place to start and learn
Cons
Long working hours
Multi-culture Work life balance Many opportunities Good training
A nice, friendly working environment. Management are mainly French Hardest part of the current job is need to change those manual process to automation under limited resources and need to prepare procedures for all process incl. those with complicated pnl sharing rules between entities.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Outsourcing
It was a great and valuable experience. Enriched my expertise in corporate real estate, leasing, office renovation and relocation. Leaded and managed an excellent team in carrying out office administration function.
SG has gotten lots of talented people in different teams and functional areas. It has established a well governance environment for teams running projects. You will definitely find it a confortable and a good place to work. You will have good work/life balance as well.