Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews

Hong Kong67 reviews

Found 67 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,034 reviews

Love this bank :)

SCB (HK) Ltd is my 1st job in Hong Kong. I love the bank so much coz they gave me lots of different job opportunities. When I joined the bank, I was a teller. Then I transferred to a Personal Finance Consultant in 3 yrs. Moreover, I worked as a mortgage consultant for 5 yrs and become a mortgage director for 17 yrs. SCB also provided many training for me so that I can equip myself to be a better person. I highly recommend you to work for SCB.

Pros

Trustworthy

Cons

Long work hours

Poor management

They suppose to us to learn everything so fast then can pick up everything, the workplace is fast and always work under pressure. Poor compensation of the work and don't give much more care about us

Work life balance

able to have work-life balancerepetitive jobsthe manager is nice and open to communications20 vacation daysvery strong team collaborationbreaks are reasonable

Productive and fun place to work at

With friendly boss and colleagues, culture is good and harmonious, guideline and DOI is clear, overall a good environment to work in, and a high sense of belonging.

Happy working partners

I enjoyed working in Stanchart , very nice colleagues. But too much changes, restructuring and not fair in annual appraisals .Working environment was good and colleagues were great, supportive

Nice company to work for

The company is good to work for if you are in senior position, they have different culture as in different department. if you are lucky to go to a department with nice boss. Then you will be good to go or in opposite.

Good company but slow promotion

Generally the promotion is very slow here . Therefore people comes and goes and uses standard chartered bank as a spring board to get jobs with higher pay.

Pros

Good colleagues

work life balance bank

inconsistent structure, messy reporting lines, group led , unable to make drastic changes without group, but same time human centric and work life balance

Pros

work life balance

Cons

inconsistent

A great place to work

A great place to work. Committed and professional team. Valuing staff contributions and opinions. Embrace diversity and inclusion. Advocate remote working, work life balance etc.

Fast-evolving organisation

Dynamic corporate culture with lots of opportunities. Value in diversification. Compared to extablished global banks with long history SCB is still gorwing and evolving for better positioning andgfrowth

Pros

Opportunity field for challengers

Cons

Too much and too frequent changes

Full Stack Developer

60% development30% support testing (UAT, security, performance etc)10% application supportacceptable workload, self learning, some teammates are helpful

Good hierarchy

Clear career path, nice working environment, great team work

Productive, friendly

Teamwork was key. Culture at the bank was great and most enjoyable was the people I met at work not only from the HK office but also from the network around the footprint. Opportunity to work with staff from other countries and able to participate in different projects.

Good

It’s fast-paced environment, The colleagues are helpful and nice, The workflow is smooth, It’s a stressful work Go to work early morning But I like it

You get what you do

It is a fair workplace and the more tasks you perform, the higher the salary you would get. It is a workplace that promotes fairness and responsibility.

工作壓力大

工作壓力大、同事之間競爭較多、人們對公司歸屬感很強,但總體來說獲益良多,是業界的少林寺。如果正在為事業拼搏,值得加入。

good place to work

A good place to work, long history British banking in Hong Kong with a lot of local customers and long experience colleague.

Fun Workplace

Good working place, good team work. Learn a lot of banking service, manage clients flow, solve complaint cases. The hardest part of job is to fulfill the service needed by customers which the service is not provided by the bank. Under such cases, I need to seek for the other team to help the customers.

Best era for those who have worked there in the past but low pay in industry standard

SCB is famous for acquiring good talents but not keeping them for long run development after constant training provided. Good teams and excellent management that brought Global visions.

High pressure, low job security

High turnover, long hours, repetitive work, poor working atmosphere, people shouting everyday, no overtime pay even though you stay in the office over a night.

Pros

More than average pay

Cons

Long hours, poor culture

Working environment is very comfortable

- To generate business to customers transacting at counters. - To handle deposit (Bulk Cash)/withdrawal transactions and provide other banking services at counters. - To ensure that cash in the teller’s cash till is balanced to on-line cash book and all the customer transactions are correctly posted. - To post all general ledger entries and ensure the books of the branch are balanced. - To support Payment Centre for scanning OTT/Chats/Cashier Order/Damand Draft payment instructons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Chartered Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Standard Chartered Bank with