Starbucks

Starbucks Employee Reviews

Hong Kong51 reviews

Found 51 reviews matching the searchSee all 53,455 reviews

Fun workplace, no experience needed

I went into the job without knowing anything about being a barista, only the intrest within it.The company provided paid training days for every single staff member that comes into the company. The drinks are pretty easy to memorize as they are all just numbers and some ingredients would be used in multiple drinks which made it easier to fit into categories.The food is usually thrown away a day or two after the shipment and since being a night shifter myself, me, my manager and team members would get some free food as bonus. The workplace enviroment is very friendly and outgoing even if it does become stressful during rush hours.My manager is very nice and I still keep in contact with her after I left. She has become a very close family friend now. Very easy going and chill towards every team member but also keeps everything running smoothly without much trouble.The hardest part with the job is definitely rude customers and some may even file a complaint towards HQ and down back towards us. As well as the heavy cleaning, I had to sweep + mop the floor, clear out expired food + restock and clean the oil tank under the sink every night which stank but it was part of the job. I got used to it eventually.The most enjoyable part would be outings and the friendly customers. The manager sometimes put together parties on holidays like Christmas, Chinese New Year or Easter to bring every team member together. It was a time that we got to bond together and strengthen the team which made working together that much more easy.

Pros

Free food + drinks, Out of work outings, Friendly enviroment (customer + team members)

Cons

Long hours, bad customers

High employee turnover

I worked for a year and a half and it was quite a stressful experience for me. The workers there are mostly very nice and friendly yet the worker turnover rate is super high. I have already partnered with 5 shop managers and they all left due to low pay and bad management in the company here in Hong Kong. I mean it’s a nice start to learn barista stuff but if you wanna be a pro, Starbucks I’d definitely not the place you are looking for.

如果享受高壓力工作可選擇入職

人工低工作量大管理層工作能力令人懷疑以及經常無故施壓力新入職員工薪金比較高列明可享的員工福利十分虛無

Pros

訓練EQ

Cons

無止境承受不必要壓力

Salary too low in HK, Cause the mother company is Maxims. And they only treat their store as a fast food store.

Pros

Many SOP to make sure everything go right if you follow it

Fun and fast-paced work environment

- Co-workers are friendly, fun to work with- It can be stressful when its very busy but your team always get your back- No work-life balance working as a full time with only 6 days off per month - Aways need to deal with difficult customers- Workplace politics between managers

Pros

Free drinks, staff discount, friendly co-workers

Cons

Long hours, high staff turnover rate

Workload大,人工低,唔建議做

人工極低、管理層出優惠冇考慮前線工作人員需要做既野、客人態度差又麻煩、翻工大部分時間都受氣、多規矩同要求、垃圾公司

工作壓力大,人手不足

太多workload,嚴重人手不足,薪金較市場低,經理過後向上發展機會細,難以招聘新人,需同時兼顧幾個崗位

Cons

經常OT

productive and fun workplace

I am really enjoy working at Starbucks, and I can learn team management and store operations at work. The company will provide different training courses to improve employees' work skills. When working at Starbucks, the company will arrange different training themes on a regular basis, so that employees can understand more about the company’s culture.

人工極低 workload越黎越大

越嚟越多新嘅奇怪promotion,連做咗十年以上嘅經理都頂唔順,淨係識減價/特價。人工極低,workload越嚟越大,完全唔balance。

Pros

partner好nice,無太大階級觀念

Cons

workload太大,人工太低

Good working environment

There is a good working environment for people who want to try for this job. I felt good for any age people to work with it. People who like to face challenge, it is a good way to try it.

愉快的工作環境

有家的感覺, 極度需要團體合作 和互相幫助。 需要勤奮好學,樂觀向上的心態 需要 具有 獨立工作的能力

Relaxing working condition

I have learned how to make the beverage and skills of serving the customers.

Good workplace with adequate resources from company

Learnt a lot from different aspect, such as company culture, products and food hygiene standard and management skills. Most of the seniors are willing to educate the fellow partners and this company always providing good and clear path for partner to aim higher or achieve titles in this company. Branding was creating a positive culture and providing relaxing working environment. It was a good company with adequate resources for internal staff training, which i personally very appreciate.

好壞參半

不能否認的是員工的福利和其他的公司比較是不錯,工作環境亦不錯,但有些管理層的工作能力真的令人思考如何可以勝任此職位

Good experience

Although a low salary, good place to work that you can learn many about coffee the company will provide few lessons before you start work, if I not going to have working holiday I will keep working on it.

Productive and fun workplace

Starbucks offers a great job opportunities for partners. It is about maintaining excellent customer service and communication with every people who walk into the ship. We maintain our barista professionalism to provide a " 3rd place" experience to our customers.

主要工作

最主要的工作是幫助店內運作順暢,控制貨量和人手。帶領同事進行日常運作 主動去幫助有需要的客人解決問題

工作環境差

工作環境差 壓力大 客人質素低下 經常無理取鬧 管理層卻要求員工忍氣吞聲 管理層不斷要求前線員工做不必要的工作 大大增加前線員工壓力 工作時間不穩定

Cons

經常ot

工作上學到的

工作日常忙碌而快樂,能學習不同的事物,包括管理的東西。 能和不同的客人溝通交流! 每天遇到不同東西要學習處理解決

Fast working environment

Starbucks provides training for every new baristas. They would learn about the basic history of coffee and the company, modern coffee culture and how to make drinks that are in the menu. However, I would not recommend to anyone who wants to develop a career in the coffee industry.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Low salaries

工作夥伴非常友善

主任、經理等管理層非常關心下屬,並建立良好的關係,此是由於STATBUCKS工作文化所影響,不論職位大小均一視同仁,營造一個歸屬感。

Pros

兼職有彈性上班時間

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Starbucks