State Street

5 Friendly and helpful working environment

6 Good medical
Official response from State Street
August 10, 2020
Thank you for your time and for sharing your feedback about working with us. One of our core values is ‘Stronger Together’ and it is great to know that you have experienced collaboration, friendliness and support during your tenure with our organization. Another important guideline for us is allowing flexible work arrangements, which has not only helped us through the pandemic, but also helps our colleagues maintain work-life balance.
Anna, Global Human Resources
Nice environment! Good Manager! But I learned very slow in this cozy surroundings. I want a job with more responsibility and challenges. This position is suitable for retirement.
- Nice workplace culture, people are willing to help
- Research intern typically prepare charts and table for research teammates for daily research publication
Was there for a short period only. people were nice but mostly too busy. But as long as you take the initiative to ask they are willing to help and teach you.
Management enpowerment has been much appreciated. Allow ro travel with clear objective. Good atmosphere and great worklife balance as full control of delivery time.
Not all product got buy in but have the opportunity to manage senior stakeholders and work with different department within the compnay.

A less complicated bank and simpler organization make it easier to navigate.
Pros
faimliarity
Cons
contract
Had great leadership around 2010/11; starting in late 2012, early 2013, org. changed... Should re-shore IT
Pros
Good history
Cons
Bad HR/Marketing beginning around 2013 onward
check email, communication with other teams
being a self starter and strong resilient ability

friendly management

diversity

get things done on schedule

check the list
Flexible working hours, can work from home. People is very friendly, the company is truly global and international, that means that there are a lot of late vc and calls.
In terms of working experience in financial industry, I have developed my client facing skills.As an associate in State Street bank, I have resolved all internal/external clients’ inquiries in atimely and satisfactory under Follow The Sun Model and cooperated with team initiatives around different counterparties such as traders, brokers and some internal departments in order toaddress problems and come up with different solutions for specific cases. Additionally, I havesupported vice president to organize semi annual meetings with international brokers to reviewthe enhancement of trading procedures and monthly brokers’ review meetings with external clients and internal management. As a result, my client facing skills have been enhanced to dealwith counterparties in an efficient way without any pressure.
Daily valuation of mutual funds and retirement funds. As these funds all traded globally, there are no public holiday except January 1. Work is required everyday including severe weather condition. The working culture is great, management is open to discussions and comments. Regular meeting to address issues, however, most of the issues are never resolved due to the nature of work and the high turnover rate caused by low salary. The pay is low comparing to similar position in other organizations within the same city. Approximately 70-80% of other positions.
The most enjoyable part would be the culture. Relationship with colleagues was pleasant.
Pros
opportunity to learn.
Cons
long hours, low pay