The Alpha Group

The Alpha Group Employee Reviews

Students, stay away.

If you're a student who is trying to better himself and is enrolled in college, do not waste your time with them. Most of their clients will pass on your applications because you are in college, even if you're qualified and have most of your day available with very little classes in between. The best work you'll get from them is some call in jobs where they will only call you if someone else calls out sick. Nobody wants a job like that. I sure as hell didn't.

Pros

if you aren't enrolled in school, you may get full-time assignments.

Cons

their clients have no flexibility and have almost no work for students.

Worst agency ever

Staff is rude and don't care at all about the applicants. I found much better jobs and nicer people to deal with. I would never tell anyone to go here.

Pros

Cons

Rude staff

– July 29, 2015
I was very surprised to read the negative review. I’m sure that a bad experience you may have had escalated into resentment and I am sorry for that. We at The Alpha Group take great pride in our employees and find that it is a give and take attitude that wins. Our office staff really do care and we treatour employees with the respect they deserve.

Alpha Really Helped Me Out

When I came to Alpha, I was looking to get away from food service work and instead gain some entry-level warehouse experience. I am happy to say that after working as a temp for 6 months, I just recently accepted a full-time position at one of their client's distribution centers. The sales reps at Alpha were good about getting me new assignments when my old one's were about to end. It's important to keep them posted about the status of your assignment, so that they can find you a new one. Temping in general isn't easy, but it is a great way to build experience and try out different companies before making a commitment. The people at Alpha are kind and considerate, and they want you to succeed.

They couldn't care less about your valuable time.

I personally feel going to a temp agency isn't any better than trying to find a job myself. It's the same lousy process. You're just another applicant to them and they don't care about your needs, only their client company needs. I feel they did little to help me at all. Most of the time, they would call me once a week at best for temp assignments that only lasted one day. I would have to search their website for jobs that they had open that they failed to tell me about. They do nothing to help you with job interviews. Sometimes they will send your resume to employers who will pass on you without even giving you a chance at an interview. Trust me, these are low paying entry level jobs that don't require a ton of skill or education. Perhaps my college education made me over-qualified. The one thing that upsets me too about the whole needing an interview for some long-term temp jobs is that you are a temp to begin with! Isn't that the whole purpose of being a temp? That you can find work the non-competitive way? If you work as a temp, that's not costing anybody any money. If they don't like you, they don't have to hire you. So why do people have to be interviewed for a job that isn't even guaranteed to begin with? Alpha's job is to send a qualified candidate to work an assignment. Yet they still make applicants compete with other with interviews anyways. The whole point of going temp to perm is to have an applicant fill a job at nobody's expense. If the applicant is the right fit, they can hire them and they know what they will be getting. If they suck, they -

Pros

You can get hired by a good client company if you're lucky.

Cons

It's temp work with no structure. They don't care about their applicants needs.

Good Staffing agency

This is a temp agency, they have placed me at a high level employment that fit me very well. Co-workers placed with were good to work with. Management was super.

Pros

great job

Cons

temporary

Complete Waste of Time

Complete waste of time going in their office. They had nothing to offer and lied to get me in there. My advice would be to not even bother with this company.

This agengy helps you find a job related to what you know

From this company I worked at PerkingsWhat I did here is worked in the Shiping and Receiving department.

Pros

they always try to get the highest pay for you.

Cons

benefits to high

They work for you! They try to keep you in an assignment that fits your needs and wants.

Typical day at work with the client was always busy. I learned how to prioritize my day and get things done within deadlines. I made a lot of great connections. The hardest part of the job was the down time, but I found reaching out to other departments and offering my help made it pass quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was when they said thank you, then I know my work was appreciated.

Pros

they work hard to keep you in assignments.

Cons

you don't get benefits because they are a temp agency.

Looks for the best way to provide service to clients

I worked on doing quotes and orders for customers. I learned how to use Excel more. Hardest part of the job was to learn a system which was not user friendly.

Pros

free beverages

Cons

no cafeteria

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Alpha Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Alpha Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?