The Chinese University of Hong Kong 香港中文大學

The Chinese University of Hong Kong 香港中文大學 Employee Reviews

Hong Kong37 reviews
Work life balance in general
Take some effort to figure out the guidelines and procedures of departments

Quite a variety of staff activities are offered by the Uincersity and the labour uni
Teaching a university class is great, but if you'd like to work as a part-time lecturer, you get paid peanuts and there's no job security since contracts are only semester-long.
Not a good choice to develop your long term career but it is work life balance. Have to manage multiple projects at the same time and also needed to follow the project from beginning to the end.
My main responsibilities included sorting and compiling the evaluation data for all educational programmes within the department and assisting in the preparation of exhibitions, such as preparing physical exhibition folders, electronic filings, and exhibition booklets.
The course of the 2 months I was required to either work from home or work at the office to provide constructive research on upcoming tools for whole genome sequencing. I was also able to work while out in the town, which allowed me to explore a new environment while investigating a relatively new type of diagnosis approach.
Pros
Flexible hours
Présent seulement pour participer à un examen de langue, la faculté proposée de nombreux ateliers et cours de très bonne qualité, le tout dans une ambiance très agréable et positive.
培養高級學術研究人才的好地方,並兼有科學與人文之研究。院內有綜合體育埸館,埸內設有游泳池丶網球場丶羽毛球埸丶籃球場丶健身中心等設施,是假日運動的好去處。
I could enhance my basic Excel skills and It was a good opportunity to build close relationship with professor. Since I worked at home, balancing with my life was also satisfactory.
Hardest part of the job was time management. I worked during my university term, so I have to manage time efficiently for both working and studying, especially during exam periods.

Fortunately, professor understood my situation, so did not set any certain amount of work to do or due date. I could work under less pressure which enhanced my productivity as a result.
Pros
Free working hour
Cons
Time management for both working and studying
Good. Very good. Very very good. I like the job in CU.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Chinese University of Hong Kong 香港中文大學?
There are richer resources & more well-known, highly qualified scholars in a bigger university. It is a good place for a staff to learn, to add value after work at the campus. But the campus location is a little bit inconvenient.
Pros
Learning resources
Cons
Location, mosquitos every where in the campus
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
• Helped in preparation of teaching and research materials and conducted student consultations

• Assessed students assignments and examinations and set up learning and assessment platforms

• Received admirable feedback from my supervisors
Tijdens de afstudeerstage erg mogen genieten in Hong Kong! Zeer vriendelijke mensen die erg open stonden om te helpen in het afstudeeronderzoek. Kijk er zeker met een positief gevoel op terug.
It is a beautifully forested campus located on the side of a mountain, facing the ocean. As a research University, it strives to offer the best education possible.
I achieved the most in my life by working here for three years. All accomplishments that I will be proud of for the result of my life were made here. I have 16 top-tier publications that will be my life/career milestones. I would love to share my work results and influence may other people in scientific research.
With given material, teachers are trained to teach a group of 10-15 students. A challenging but ideal work for people who want to become teacher/ English teacher in secondary school.
• Setup a course “Statistical Methods in Nursing” in a new online eLearning platform KEEP Course, to provide learning material and exercises about the application of statistics for medical purpose
• Designed a survey and built up focus groups for both Statistics and Nursing students to obtain their satisfactory about the course difficulty, and the user friendliness of the platform.

• Analyzed the survey result and provided improvement to the Education Bureau.
Although the work content may be a bit boring because all I had to do was making phone interviews to collect survey data, it motivated me to achieve higher by incentives.
The working environment is very enjoyable, with nice and friendly colleagues. Everyone is willing to teach and help each other. I often receive helps from colleagues in my own department as well as support from other departments. Job duties include management of Master programmes offered by the Department of Geography and Resource Management, organising student activities and conferences.
I loved the students at Chinese University of Hong Kong. They were usually committed and enthusiastic. They were the best part of the job. They were always game for whatever I asked them to do.
工作环境非常好有效率,且有茶水间,休息室,会议室等。
工作时间弹性较大;会有不定期邀请国内外的教授级别的人做seminar来为大家充电;每年一次的research day也会让每个人都能参与其中;Core lab的同事也非常nice。
It is actually a university but not a company. Located in Hong Kong. Good place for living and studying with beautiful environment and nice supervisors.