The Chinese University of Hong Kong 香港中文大學
The Chinese University of Hong Kong 香港中文大學 Employee Review

To well use of its learning resources

September 17, 2018
There are richer resources & more well-known, highly qualified scholars in a bigger university. It is a good place for a staff to learn, to add value after work at the campus. But the campus location is a little bit inconvenient.
Pros
Learning resources
Cons
Location, mosquitos every where in the campus
June 18, 2019
Same role
Research Assistant (Former Employee) - Hong Kong
The course of the 2 months I was required to either work from home or work at the office to provide constructive research on upcoming tools for whole genome sequencing. I was also able to work while out in the town, which allowed me to explore a new environment while investigating a relatively new type of diagnosis approach.
Pros
Flexible hours
November 7, 2018
Same role
Research Assistant (Current Employee) - Hong Kong, HK
I could enhance my basic Excel skills and It was a good opportunity to build close relationship with professor. Since I worked at home, balancing with my life was also satisfactory. Hardest part of the job was time management. I worked during my university term, so I have to manage time efficiently for both working and studying, especially during exam periods. Fortunately, professor understood my situation, so did not set any certain amount of work to do or due date. I could work under less pressure which enhanced my productivity as a result.
Pros
Free working hour
Cons
Time management for both working and studying
April 28, 2020
Same location
part-time lecturer (Former Employee) - Sha Tin, New Territories
Teaching a university class is great, but if you'd like to work as a part-time lecturer, you get paid peanuts and there's no job security since contracts are only semester-long.