The Chinese University of Hong Kong 香港中文大學

The Chinese University of Hong Kong 香港中文大學 Employee Reviews for Research Assistant

Research Assistant11 reviews
Hong Kong11 reviews
The course of the 2 months I was required to either work from home or work at the office to provide constructive research on upcoming tools for whole genome sequencing. I was also able to work while out in the town, which allowed me to explore a new environment while investigating a relatively new type of diagnosis approach.
Pros
Flexible hours
I could enhance my basic Excel skills and It was a good opportunity to build close relationship with professor. Since I worked at home, balancing with my life was also satisfactory.
Hardest part of the job was time management. I worked during my university term, so I have to manage time efficiently for both working and studying, especially during exam periods.

Fortunately, professor understood my situation, so did not set any certain amount of work to do or due date. I could work under less pressure which enhanced my productivity as a result.
Pros
Free working hour
Cons
Time management for both working and studying
There are richer resources & more well-known, highly qualified scholars in a bigger university. It is a good place for a staff to learn, to add value after work at the campus. But the campus location is a little bit inconvenient.
Pros
Learning resources
Cons
Location, mosquitos every where in the campus
Tijdens de afstudeerstage erg mogen genieten in Hong Kong! Zeer vriendelijke mensen die erg open stonden om te helpen in het afstudeeronderzoek. Kijk er zeker met een positief gevoel op terug.
I achieved the most in my life by working here for three years. All accomplishments that I will be proud of for the result of my life were made here. I have 16 top-tier publications that will be my life/career milestones. I would love to share my work results and influence may other people in scientific research.
It is actually a university but not a company. Located in Hong Kong. Good place for living and studying with beautiful environment and nice supervisors.
In this position, I needed to handle a research project with little supervision. Had the opportunity to learn the research skills independently through reading books or internet materials. Interviewing the dementia elderly improve my interpersonal skills a lot.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Unstable future
There are lots of things to learn from colleagues in the laboratory. The management of the school is well organised and they have regular weekly laboratory group meetings. This gives a support and update each other about the recent results of their projects. The hardest part of the internship job is the intensive learning about the experiments undertake for cancer research. After all, it was an amazing experience and I could take the experiences to prepare myself as a research assistant in my career.
Pros
Organised laboratory
Cons
Shared laboratory desk
It was a student helper work, part time. Fine pay. The work was assisting professor to collecting data, analysis the data.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong is very easy to access by train and other transportations. Once you took off the train, you will find the university is embracing green - trees are always next to you. It is not only a peaceful place for study, and also a good option for having a relaxing walk.
• Coordinate and perform various functions related to research project
• Assist in carrying out the project “Effects of Service Participation and Social Capital on the School-to-Work Transition of Economically Disadvantaged Young People”

• Responsible for literature review, quantitative and qualitative data collection, data analysis, report writing