The Education University of Hong Kong

The Education University of Hong Kong Employee Reviews

Hong Kong16 reviews

It's a work intensive place

Funding is hard to apply if u are new and not in a AP track. But the salary is fair enough. You better gain more research experience in the field to apply this position.

Pros

It's not ok to work here

Cons

It's not ok to work here

stable working environment

The University is the hardest part of the job. staff will be workload overwhelmed without any support. The management don't have direction and vision.

Productive, relevant and feeling appreciated

My supervisor was really supportive and has given me positive feedback for improving the quality of my work. Through meeting with teachers, I received updated work culture and how different educational goals were achieved.

Pros

Supportive faculty member / project leader

Cons

Salary

Productive Workplace

General office and university administration work, learn much computer skill by on the job training.Less promotion chance but have a stable working environment.

Great flexibility and okay salary

People are generally nice and helpful, the salary is alright compared to other institutions. Limited benefits for non-permanent staff working on projects.

Generally good, very depends on the supervisor you have.

The benefit is the most worthy thing to have. Different projects have a different supervisors. I hear some of the faculty can be very relaxed or can be stressed. Better ask clearly the project scope and details.

Pros

The benefit is the most worthy thing to have.

Cons

Some projects can always work under stress.

Management is the key issue!

Most of my colleagues are nice and very helpful. However, the major issues are the management style of the office directors and senior management of the school. They often require output from the employee without considering their qualification or capability, i.e. admin staff are often doing the job of academic staff. The workload is huge for most of the time in a year and daily overtime is often expected from supervisors. If you are looking for a relaxed and work-life balance working environment in a university, this university is definitely not the way to go!

Pros

Friendly work culture among colleagues

Cons

Terrible management, Overtime is often required, long hour of transit is needed

teaching in-service teachers

very challenging work to teach in-service teachers, since they are very tired after the whole day work. but very rewarding when they have learned and applied skills taught into practice

Fun workplace

The work is pretty laidback, my supervisor assigned me work from timeto time and I was given abundant time to finish each task. The supervisors were friendly, helpful and responsive.

工作環境好, 管理不完善, 薪酬福利合理

個別部門管理混亂, 要配合結黨文化, 許多中高層不分是非, 無管理能力, 更不看事實分辨, 只是跟程序做事, 不會實事求事, 為好的結果而做適當安排

students impressive

not too relevant so I only do brief comments. I like teaching, especially enjoy discussing with students on some issues we all concern. I prepared the class for hours and stand there for 3 hours to give lectures. I tried to teach them how to learn rather than exact knowledge.

Facts about working @ EduHK

My day starts at 8:30 and ends around 6 pm- 6:30 pm. It's not too far if you live near Taipo or Shatin or along the staff shuttle route. There's also a shuttle for staff and students @ University MTR Station. The school has good facilities and the benefits and salary are reasonable. The food choice is little. (it can be seen as a benefit as the staff canteen is cheap)

Pros

Cheaper food, reasonable HR policy, reasonable salary and benefits

Cons

Longer commuting time

Good place with great professors

I worked as a part-time assistant to a professor. The professor was really nice and intellectual. I learnt how to conduct experiments and do data analysis.

Great Colleague

Professor is super nice and always can learn something from them! Salary rate is reasonable and having various welfare such as free-use sport facilities and shuttle bus between campus and different districts.

Conservative

The environment is good. The campus is surrounded by greens and you can have fresh air there. Sports facilities are good. The newly renovated library brings a new look.

Good working environment and colleague

EDU has a Good working environment and colleague, the main duty is to handle education project of Environmental Sustainability in primary school and university

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Education University of Hong Kong. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Education University of Hong Kong with

The Education University of Hong Kong Reviews by Location

• The Education University of Hong Kong
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?