The Education University of Hong Kong

The Education University of Hong Kong Employee Reviews

Hong Kong10 reviews

teaching in-service teachers

very challenging work to teach in-service teachers, since they are very tired after the whole day work. but very rewarding when they have learned and applied skills taught into practice

Management is the key issue!

Most of my colleagues are nice and very helpful. However, the major issues are the management style of the office directors and senior management of the school. They often require output from the employee without considering their qualification or capability, i.e. admin staff are often doing the job of academic staff. The workload is huge for most of the time in a year and daily overtime is often expected from supervisors. If you are looking for a relaxed and work-life balance working environment in a university, this university is definitely not the way to go!

Pros

Friendly work culture among colleagues

Cons

Terrible management, Overtime is often required, long hour of transit is needed

Fun workplace

The work is pretty laidback, my supervisor assigned me work from timeto time and I was given abundant time to finish each task. The supervisors were friendly, helpful and responsive.

工作環境好, 管理不完善, 薪酬福利合理

個別部門管理混亂, 要配合結黨文化, 許多中高層不分是非, 無管理能力, 更不看事實分辨, 只是跟程序做事, 不會實事求事, 為好的結果而做適當安排

students impressive

not too relevant so I only do brief comments. I like teaching, especially enjoy discussing with students on some issues we all concern. I prepared the class for hours and stand there for 3 hours to give lectures. I tried to teach them how to learn rather than exact knowledge.

Facts about working @ EduHK

My day starts at 8:30 and ends around 6 pm- 6:30 pm. It's not too far if you live near Taipo or Shatin or along the staff shuttle route. There's also a shuttle for staff and students @ University MTR Station. The school has good facilities and the benefits and salary are reasonable. The food choice is little. (it can be seen as a benefit as the staff canteen is cheap)

Pros

Cheaper food, reasonable HR policy, reasonable salary and benefits

Cons

Longer commuting time

Good place with great professors

I worked as a part-time assistant to a professor. The professor was really nice and intellectual. I learnt how to conduct experiments and do data analysis.

Great Colleague

Professor is super nice and always can learn something from them! Salary rate is reasonable and having various welfare such as free-use sport facilities and shuttle bus between campus and different districts.

Conservative

The environment is good. The campus is surrounded by greens and you can have fresh air there. Sports facilities are good. The newly renovated library brings a new look.

Good working environment and colleague

EDU has a Good working environment and colleague, the main duty is to handle education project of Environmental Sustainability in primary school and university

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Education University of Hong Kong. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

The Education University of Hong Kong Reviews by Location