The Hong Kong Jockey Club 香港賽馬會

The Hong Kong Jockey Club 香港賽馬會 Employee Reviews

Hong Kong54 reviews

Long Working hours, Management is harsh and are workaholics

Bosses calling at night and assuming that you should work for them even after office hour. They also have been calling your personal mobile phone and texting you all the time. People here are authoritative and hierarchical. Basically well paid but no career advancement.

The wage is quite competitive and nepotism abounds

No work-life balance, long working hours (at least 12 hours per day), nepotism abounds in every department, and you will be highly stressed and frustrated on daily tasks if you are not related to top management.

Pros

The Wage

工作環境好但係要求好

要你個人能力好高才適應到工作,其實工作範圍冇固定每樣嘢都要執生工作時間唔穩定要輪班對於有生活家庭嘅比較難適應

Productive and fun workplace

high team work friendly staffpeople orientednice working environmentgood staff benefitshigh pay good workplace culturebut no secure job, all by contractI worked there for 2 x 1 year contract

Pros

happy teammates

Cons

no permanent jobs, good people has to leave. no job security

Stressful work but well paid

Management directions always change due to management change. Sales targets are not easy to reach, those works are stressful and overtime work happened occasionally. But they paid well.

Very good

We can have a good training at first. Then, we will have a flexible break time and lunchtime during work. I feel lucky that I got a good senior to teach me

A stable betting organization

The largest and only betting organization in Hong Kong that the betting channels and variety are accomplished. A good place to obtain the leading edge management skills about wagering business.Other than betting, membership and charity issues are also involved.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Organization structure a bit too complicated

Good benefit

People in my team is good, so i miss the place, and people is good too.Working hr is longer then other company But benefit is good for normal staff.

Demanding, Stressful, and political. But salary and benefit.

Demanding and stressful environments for can-do staff. Political, management changed decision occasionally.But there is good salary and benefit. If you can find a good position, you can enjoy it until retirement.

Pros

Salary, benefit, pension

Cons

long working hours, political

Productive, Innovative and fun workspace

It is great to be worked in there.Management inplace, always take care of staff.Nice MNC culture, supportive team environment, training and opportunities.

You (your luck) decide you experience

They assign you to a host and it's very unlikely that you'll go somewhere else after you graduated from the program. And HR has limited influence on how your host is going to assign you tasks / treat you / train you so your experience will depend on your luck, you can also fight for a fruitful experience though. Good place to start your career, but might not be the best place to stay if you are too laid back.

Pros

Very decent pay, work from home

Cons

Learning curve might not be steep at times

Flexible schedule

The schedule of the position of the part-time customer service representative was quite flexible. It was good for students to train their communication skills.

垃圾管理

管理只按人頭處理事情,而不是用職能處理事情永遠由不理解公司運作的人去當管理決策,没有了解前缐職員的苦況,放假突發on duty, 只識比返comp leave

Pros

大公司

Cons

工作範圍模糊,瑣碎繁複流程多

Not bad

Working environment so-so, but the pay is really good. Worked in a team that only works for 4 hours sometimes for an 8 hour shift. So doing part time is definitely worth it.

Pros

Pay well

Cons

not much upside

Very competitive

Long working hours,dangerous to take care the racehorses ,very easy get hurt for the horses but good benefits,good housing provide, good health care ,good salaries wages

Fruitful environment

Nice place and colleagues, environment is very good and clean.

It is good for those who would like to have a stable working environment

I worked there in 2005 for only 4 months. As my contract is just a 3 months contract and I have found a perm job in my 4th month so I quit because of a better opportunity. The culture of HKJC is a very local one. There still got a tea lady to serve you tea every day. I was spoilt by that kind of service. Other than that, the people there are very kind to me. I'm not sure is it because I was too fresh and not competitive. The only annoying part is they have very rigid working hours. As a designer, I prefer flexible working hours.

Pros

Team lunch, tea lady service, rigid working hours, gym

Cons

Long probation, salary is not competitive

與其他員工建立友好關係

在工作中,我學習到與員工建立友好關係是不可缺少的元素。因為無論任何一種工作,都需要與其他員工一起工作。要提早工作效率的話,與員工共同工作會提升工作效率。

Good experience

Good colleagues Good benefit But high pressure working environment

Job

It is a high reputation multinational company in Hong Kong. Much of the candidate are willing to entering this kind of company. They are currently in 2 year contract terms for all full time staff

High-standard working environment

Most members of Hong Kong Jockey Club are rational, well-behaved and nice. Managerial level treated part-time staff very well, they like to have a short briefing before to start event for reminding us the process during the event. Excellent guidance is the key to success. My supervisor had never punish me harshly when I did something wrongly, instead of scolding at me, she would prefer explaining the importance of doing it correctly and how to serve the members in a well manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hong Kong Jockey Club 香港賽馬會. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Hong Kong Jockey Club 香港賽馬會 with

• The Hong Kong Jockey Club 香港賽馬會
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?