The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology 香港科技大學
View all The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology 香港科技大學 reviews

The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology 香港科技大學

The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology 香港科技大學 Employee Review

Nice supervisor

I was working in a small group with two professors. I need to research and write programs to process data, implement demo program. You are able to touch the state-of-the-art technology. work-life balance.

Same location

Good place to work in

I worked as a research assistant during my master degree so that I could get income. During the time, I have learned many useful skills for my future career.
Same location

Academia is just academia

Just another academia job. Relatively new school tho. Quite far from subway stations.

Going downhill

the higher education landscape is getting more and more political, so are the management members of the university. everything you do has to be ultimately politically correct. culture-wise, it depends on which dept you work for, some are very laid-back and "lazy", while some are crazily busy and stressful. overall, work environment is getting worse given the change of management who lacks a truly international vision and don't know how to run a global university. hard work is not recognized, mgt spends time finding faults instead. Not the best place to work, not the worse either.

Pros

Relatively less stressful than the commercial sector; good compensation packages

Cons

Too political, not very collaborative among depts, some are very selfish and unempathic, they just care about themselves while holding you back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology 香港科技大學. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology 香港科技大學 with