The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology 香港科技大學
View all The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology 香港科技大學 reviews

The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology 香港科技大學

The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology 香港科技大學 Employee Review

Good place to work in

I worked as a research assistant during my master degree so that I could get income. During the time, I have learned many useful skills for my future career.

Same role

HKUST is a good place to work!

- workplace environment is beautiful- better food compared to other HK unis- uni staff speak Cantonese and Mandarin but English skills can be limited- organization overall is very STEM-oriented- on-campus facilities are superb
Same role

Rigorous academic institution for science discovery

Very pure pursuit of science and truth. Nice place to hone your logic, your scientific mindset and knowledge. If you are devoting into science discovery, this is undoubtedly the best place in HK.
Same roleSame location

Peaceful place to work in

Once you have delivered your assignment, no one should be around to bother you much. There might have been an official policy from the HR, but the Professor's discretion is more absolute. Each lab has its own culture. In a lab, you are managed by somebody who has not much experience in managing people and time management. So, you have to find your own role within the team and show to the professor that your role is important. But other team members, or even, your supervisor, don't even know what you have been doing in the working hours.

Pros

Free, relaxed

Cons

it's sometimes too subjective to your supervisor if you have been performing well or not

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology 香港科技大學. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology 香港科技大學 with